Furtasia-the game

All topics related to gaming go here. PC games, board games, console games and more! We accept them all. Please indicate the platform in the title for convenience.
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Furtasia-the game

Post by Animew »

UwU yea i know the title sucks, its a working title and i'm open to sugestions.

so yea the other day... yesterday or the day before i duno.. i came up with the idea to make a furry RPG and make ZAfurries a town in it, as Rakuenia.

was wondering if any of you flufs as citizines of rakuenia would be interested in writing some dialog for your characters. UwU you know, since im totes gonna use you people as the general NPC polulace and all...

it can literally be anything from just the crap you would say if folks talk to you in the street or even quests.

i mean i do have a fair idea of what most of you people would be like as NPCs i guess so i can just do it all myself... as usual OwO/ i'll post progress here in this thread... till lord Rakuen locks it for some reason and i have to make a new one lol.

hmm, baron Rakuen? mayor Rakuen? CHIEF Rakuen? UwU definitely not elder Rakuen.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Re: Furtasia-the game

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I wonder if anime cats are flammable.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

nope, we are rather fireproof... like 70% fire resistance.

OwO/ so ive drawn up a preliminary layout of the town and put everyone in their appropriate places. UwU decided to make Rakuen and Ivic the mayors instead of Lords or something.

in terms of shops, so far we have:
Nixies fassions, you can buy clothing and color mods there.
Jake dane's ferrier shop, armor weapons and horse shoes basically.
Contrasts bookshop, buy and sell books and so on.
Raven runs the stables, you can buy feed for mounts there also the mounts
the bank run by Ryall the banking yeen, you can deposit or withdraw your money as well as make investments and get bank loans.
the guard station has either Trace or Adageo in it depending on the time, you collect bounties there.
Erdwolf, Tocs and Yote can be found patrolling the streets or in the baracs as guards.
theres also the abandoned church that was run by sister Leeward, theres a quest to find her.
UwU and you can find me at the docks at certain times, i buy prisoners and sell slaves.

there are some shops that still need people though:

the general store, its for general goods.
paw-n shop, buys all item types and sells random selection of all item types.
loan shark, its for borrowing money UwU if you dont pay it back though they send debt collectors to steal your stuff.
the inn/bar, place you can sleep eat and get drunk.
the sleazy bar/brothel in the yiff geto, for getting drunk and spending the night with a hooker.

other places of interest:
town square, theres a water pump where you can drink water... theres also some people during the day that might give you quests.
dump, you can pick around the garbage and trade with random hobos.
comunity center, town events are held there.
Sematary, its a cematary... but its spelled like that for reasons only Contrast will get.

i think that pretty much covers everything i did last night. Ow< more updates to follow.

and if you are someone that owns a shop but whana change your shops name please leme know here.
also if you wana run a shop thats not yet run by someone let me know here also.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Galahad
Region: Gauteng

Post by Galahad »

And I am the antagonist the town has to defend against when I come to invade the town in my Panzerkampfwagen VI to expand the scaly lebensraum.
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

UwU actually you are a NPC that can sometimes be found in the public square. OwO/ sir Galbahad of Bork!
i actually wanted to make you an available mount at first, <w< i mean who wouldnt want to ride a raptor round a fantasy furry world.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Make a queue of hot female characters lining up to listen to my puns and watch me flex, and you will have the raptor seal of approval.
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter

Post by Trace »

Heehee, I think this is pretty wonderful. I'd love to see what ends up coming from this project. :3
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Galahad wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:50 am Make a queue of hot female characters lining up to listen to my puns and watch me flex, and you will have the raptor seal of approval.
=w= yea... i'm so making you an available mount. UwU i'll need a long list of puns whith which i can annoy the player though... i'd write them myself but it would lack your flavour.
Trace wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:16 pm I'd love to see what ends up coming from this project. :3
i'd need to figure out how to get games out into the internet. UwU so far sending folks games on telegram just doesnt cut it as far as beta testing goes lol.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Animew wrote:=w= yea... i'm so making you an available mount. UwU i'll need a long list of puns whith which i can annoy the player though... i'd write them myself but it would lack your flavour.
Okay, in that case, make a queue of hot female characters lining up to ride me, baby. ;) And tell them to buckle up - it's going to be rough.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

I mean if it looks something like this I'd defs play it XD

AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Ivic_Wulfe wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:41 pm I mean if it looks something like this I'd defs play it XD
.UwU. i guess you not gonna play it then...
Galahad wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:59 amride me, baby.
<w< there will be big hairy male bears lining up to ride you... lol well actually i suppose it depends on the players UwU you could play as a hot female character? Ow< or play as a male raptor named Galagad and ride... yourseeeeelf!

as for updates:
i've added some items, one of which is the Asbjornicon. also started working the weapon class system and struggled to figure out economics to make the bank work... seriously my alcahol addled brain cant figure out this fancy math.
also do we have any shark sonas? or any way to search users based on species?
other than that its been slow going with all the distractions.
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

been working on other things but i'm pretty much using the same system as i'm using in my pokemon mystery dungeon game, Reapers peak. <w< might even use the same map actually:
map tileset.png
currently agonising on what rout to take with biome alocations... do i make an array with co ordinates that have their corresponding biome ID for the sake of efficency... or do i make biome objects and just populate the map for the sake of me being lazy and not wana manually enter all those values?

... i mean i could always just do a thing where it checks the map and populates the array according to the color on the map?

then again that wont be a "just do" thing... it'd be a "oh god so tedious lots of work" kinda thing... any of you programmer furs got any sugestions?
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter

Post by Trace »

I still think the map looks awesome. ^.^
You could probably get away with either one, really.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

UwU i'm making a function that converts a picture into a data map via color, asigning each map location an ID and biome value in an indexed array thingy. <w< so now i gotta take off all the fancy crap i spent hours putting on so i'm left with a biome map... have i ever mentioned that i hate my life?
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

I want to be a crusty hobo please!
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

UwU done. you shall live on the dump near the brothel... no connection to the brothel by the way... it just happens to be next to it.
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

Animew wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:51 pm UwU done. you shall live on the dump near the brothel... no connection to the brothel by the way... it just happens to be next to it.
Fabulous, I'm honored!
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

When I first saw that map of yours, Animew, I thought you had ripped off Tolkien's Middle-Earth map from the Lord of the Rings. You even have your own Mordor and Mt Doom at the bottom right. ;) You should make a team made of the regulars - you, me, Trace, Ryall, Ivic, Rak, Adge, and a few others - and call it the FellOwOship of the Ring. I'll be Galahandalf, and when I left the forum it was really because I died and became Galahandalf the White.
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Galahad wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:57 pm When I first saw that map of yours, Animew, I thought you had ripped off Tolkien's Middle-Earth map from the Lord of the Rings. You even have your own Mordor and Mt Doom at the bottom right. ;) You should make a team made of the regulars - you, me, Trace, Ryall, Ivic, Rak, Adge, and a few others - and call it the FellOwOship of the Ring. I'll be Galahandalf, and when I left the forum it was really because I died and became Galahandalf the White.
>w< omfg Galahad! where were you when i was thinking of ideas for the fantasy art competition!? UwU i can totes see Ryall as a fopish elf. UwU Legoall... he wont lego of the past Ow<

you should think of a punny title for the game.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

Is this actually a reference to something or was this just bait to get me here? 😛

Also, elves? How trite. In fantasy terms, I am what’s known as a ‘gnoll.’ 🙃
Hahaha! :lol:
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Animew wrote: UwU i can totes see Ryall as a fopish elf. UwU Legoall... he wont lego of the past Ow<
Hey, give Ryall a break. ;) You're the one digging it up
Besides, I see him as either a gnoll rogue or a gnoll bard. Leaning more towards rogue. Not that interested in actually destroying the Ring; more so just making trouble along the way, but endearingly enough so that he isn't also cast into the fires of Mt Doom. :P
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

Hahaha! 😂 Thank you for that Galahad.

While I think my singing could certainly cause damage to my enemies, I would not become a bard out of self respect.

I did seriously enjoy stalking people as a rogue in World Of Warcraft back in the day, so yes, that is a good guess. 😛
Hahaha! :lol:
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

EEEEEEEY MAH DUDES UwU/ update teim: so like the game has recently seen a fast track in development... well, faster track than me dicking about writing pseudo code.
it now has a name and a plot but i drastically scaled back some features... like being able to make your own custom character... yea you now play as a preset character, sorry folks... also i'm not adding all the damn people i said i would since holy fuck is it a lot of work to make sprites! so i'm going with as much re usability as i can.
... but there is a Rakuenia... and a firedog on a throne init. theres also a lot of other referances to ZA furry related stuff.
the features i dumped was largely due to me decidng to just up and use a game engine UwU/ spesifically RPG maker because fuck propriatary.

it feels like cheating because its basically a finished game that you just re skinn.
Rakuenia.jpg
this means i can make stuff but i dont have to make everything... and thats great... means i may actually finish this.
and it makes it look so profesional with minimal effort.
pedobear.jpg
now as you can see its basically playable so far but i need to extend the quest line further and balance some stuff before i release a beta.

...also... U///U yea... its kinda become 18+ since there are naughty parts in it... i really tried to keep it PG but like with everything involving me it got lewd eventually. so yea i may make a thing on the yiff board.