What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Re: What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

Post by Contrast »

Contrast wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:05 pm BEASTARS
Oh snap, there's a teaser trailer! :o

Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I have to head in to the university this morning to hand in the nomination of reviewers for my thesis. Wanted to do it yesterday but organising everything took too long.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

If I can just add some supplementary tables, I will have a complete first draft of my thesis. The problem is... the thesis has to be in A4 format and one of the tables is at least 5x5 pages, if not more. These tables were never meant to be in an A4 format. :/
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I woke up early then got out of bed around 6:40 because I remembered some people were checking the gas in the building from 7:00 - 9:00. They did come check my water heater at 8:56. x.x Fun wait.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Gauteng

Post by Adagio »

They broke in/attempted to break in 6 times since December 30th...
I am not sleeping. I'm honestly terrified.
i know theres an armed gang of 8 people.

I have my pistol under my pillow. A bulletproof vest. A knife and my M4 carbine with me. Boobietraps both at the river and around the house and a camera for some vision. I have no idea why they keep coming back.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Desperation. Stupidity. Racism. Sadism. Take your pick.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Complaining to a delivery company because they said something was delivered yesterday but my mailbox is completely empty. If it wasn't delivered and will be later, that is fine. But don't tell me it was delivered and then don't deliver it.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:35 am Complaining to a delivery company because they said something was delivered yesterday but my mailbox is completely empty. If it wasn't delivered and will be later, that is fine. But don't tell me it was delivered and then don't deliver it.
Coulda been stolen though? I dunno... Saw some youtube videos of people steeling parcels...

On that note. That ram still hasn't arrived yet... Yay SAPO
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Possibly. Though I doubt it. I actually got even more delivery problems today. Something else was dispatched with the wrong address... I'd confirmed everything was correct with a Kickstarter project. Then they sent my information to delivery people who must store information Excel or something because it all got converted... The address specifies building and flat numbers as x/y and I gave phone number with international dialling code +zz. The information the delivery people emailed me as they dispatched the order had the address converted to a single four digit number (from I don't know where) and the phone number converted to a ridiculous exponential. Clearly they did something wrong by trying to specify number formats and that changed the input. @.@
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

TIL there is such a thing as a furry lobster, and yes it is a real animal.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

My life is more magical since I got more Unstable Unicorns.

~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

I'm having something I don't usually get...
General insomnia... XD
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Today I bowed to public pressure and set up a Telegram account.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Yesterday was weird. Went to bed early with a migraine and woke up like two hours later feeling better. But then I couldn't get back to sleep. So I read some stuff online for a bit until I got inspired to extract the broken key from a lock on my front door. There's a security bar that had a broken key in it for over a year. I just never got around to it... Anyway, I managed to get the key out without much fuss! I was a bit worried someone would wonder what I was doing around midnight with a screwdriver and fiddling with the lock on a door but nothing untoward happened. :)
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Franky
The Bad Guy
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox

Post by Franky »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:01 pm Today I bowed to public pressure and set up a Telegram account.
And did you died?
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Not yet I assume
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Franky wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:49 am And did you died?
What?
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:19 am
Franky wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:49 am And did you died?
What?
It's internet speak, you philistine.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Can't say I recall seeing that ever. Though if it was mostly in fail video comments, I might've seen it but taken no notice.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I got this crazy PM on SoFurry; out of the blue from someone I've never heard of.
Sorry to have to block you, as you are an Ambassador; but this is what has to be done to any-one with time for Cristopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, or any of the so-called New Atheists.
I guess at least it's not one of those odd situations blocked by someone you don't know at all and have no idea why.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Sa1tflat
Species: A filthy hybrid

Post by Sa1tflat »

Setting up lastpass because it is time I got super cereal about my security
@Sa1tflat on telegram.
I definitely straight as shit, definitely
Ok maybe not
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:04 am I got this crazy PM on SoFurry; out of the blue from someone I've never heard of.
Sorry to have to block you, as you are an Ambassador; but this is what has to be done to any-one with time for Cristopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, or any of the so-called New Atheists.
I guess at least it's not one of those odd situations blocked by someone you don't know at all and have no idea why.
Isn't hard... Just disagree with a seriously entitled person about a subject and get you name listed on some blocker.

https://blocktogether.org/show-blocks/g ... UiZBkhEs9R
Screenshot 2019-04-07 at 11.36.31.png
I'm a Nazi because they say so... :roll:
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Woke up early this morning then was half awake/half asleep for a while, drifting in and out. At one point I found myself doing weird things in a lobby that felt like work. When I started taking a jacket hood off my head, I wondered "am I dreaming?" So I tried to check my watch, I wasn't wearing one. But I did have ~6 fingers. My hand kinda looked like I was looking at it through a kaleidoscope. Confirming that I was actually dreaming I tried lucid dreaming and managed to change my hands into growlithe paws. About that time I woke up though. Would've been good but then I wondered how I would tell the difference between if I were lucid dreaming and if I were just dreaming that I were lucid dreaming. @.@
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Been watching the reports of the fire at Notre Dame cathedral. Absolutely tragic. Over 800 years of history just burning away. We've lost of one of the greatest, most-iconic buildings in the world.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:55 pm My life is more magical since I got more Unstable Unicorns.

We played it a bit after the mybroadband meet. Is actually a fin game but with us it got very competitive. XD
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

It is a great game with a few friends! I need to organise more get togethers with people to play.

I'm back from a short trip to Paris. Had a lot of fun but I also developed a blister on my toe! That was less fun. Also, I'm now an associate member of the Furry Writer's Guild! I think that means I need to try read more stuff.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

I cleaned the house... My friend left and left it in a great mess.
Now I'm binging Game Of Thrones...
Wanna catch up before starting the new season.

My phone is in to fix the charging port yet again.
So I don't have Telegram save for using it on my PC through the mobile hotspot.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I am frustrated. My chair keeps sinking by itself. I got some clamps to try and hold it in place but it still sank. I even added tape and 3 clamps but it still doesn't hold it tight enough! x.x
chair.jpg
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Your air cylinder probably cracked a leak and there's no pressure on the piston. Clamps won't do anything, dude. :P Buy a new cylinder and install it. Or locate and treat the crack.

I'm busy putting up a new shelf.
It's a bloody amazing shelf.
You guys should come see my shelf.
It is pretty good, if I say so myshelf.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Galahad wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:58 pmYour air cylinder probably cracked a leak and there's no pressure on the piston. Clamps won't do anything, dude. :P Buy a new cylinder and install it. Or locate and treat the crack.
The clamps are meant to grip tightly enough that they won't move along the pole. Then the chair rests on the clamps and can't sink any further. But the clamps just keep sliding.
https://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Sinking-Desk-Chair
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~