Thoughts on the rise of Naz-furs

Any discussion not related to furry goes in here. Politics, religion, current affairs...this is the place for it.
Inkswitch
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: unicorn
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Thoughts on the rise of Naz-furs

Post by Inkswitch »

This is just going to be a rant on some things I’ve noticed in the furry fandom – mostly in the online sphere – lately that have really bothered me. Over the last couple months, I have seen a disturbing increase in attempts by far-right groups to infiltrate the furry community and recruit others to their “cause”. Worse, a lot of these groups openly align themselves with outright neo-Nazi ideology and proudly display their hatred in public.
I’ve seen furs parading in Nazi uniforms, have friends who have been harassed, threatened, and even doxed for calling these people out, and have seen conventions in America completely shut down due to threats from these Nazi furs.
Now thankfully this problem has mostly stayed overseas, with America being the apparant epicentre, but it has got me worried about something similar happening to the South African furry community.
Joining the furry community has easily been one of the best things I’ve done. The community has allowed me to express myself freely in a way that I hadn’t been able to do so before and the incredibly accepting nature of the fandom as a whole has meant that I’ve never been made to feel uncomfortable because of my sexual orientation or how I choose to present myself, a freedom that is sadly lacking elsewhere.
To see the fandom then become overrun by these far-right members who want nothing more than to spread hatred and division is heart-breaking. Thankfully there has been growing pushback against these sorts of creeps but the fact that they were able to grow this big in the first place is terrifying.
Hopefully the South African furry community doesn’t find itself in a situation where we’re having to deal with literal Nazis in our midst.
You can crew your ship but you can't ship your crew
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Re: Thoughts on the rise of Naz-furs

Post by Faanvolla »

There's already 'furry raiders' member(s) in the SA furry community, unfortunately.

I think a lot of the members/sympathizers are only a part of those groups because of the rise of "dank memes".
Nazi symbols and hitler have become 'memes' now, where people 'ironically' make nazi jokes, and post pictures of hitler as 'funny reaction images'.
Telegram with its stickers especially means that this happens a lot. I left the "main" SA furry telegram group cause it was just a spam of nazi stickers every day with a "lol I'm only making antijewish jokes ironically" tinge to everything.

Anycase,
I don't think they actually want to follow the NeoNazi ideology, they just want to associate partly with them for the 'ironic /dank meme'ness of it all. The problem with that is that when an actual neonazi sees them "joking" they don't think it's a joke and reply seriously, and think they're among people who have similar ideas. When they then post seriously, the 'fakenazis' think they're just joking even harder/more ironically and go with it.

Calling the 'fakenazis' out for their shitty behavior then only reinforces that behavior, and makes them go even harder into the nazi things. "Oh these anti-nazi people can't take a joke at all!" + a feeling of negativity towards antinazi people,
Then they get sympathy and support from the actual nazi people, and they align themselves with that group even more.
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Galahad
Region: Gauteng

Post by Galahad »

I think some of them are Hitler-ious.

;)

I am not well acquainted with such groups, but I've a hunch you are referring to those who makes use of their free speech to post 'dank memes' ridiculing the far-left. I am not a social scientist, but I'd wager a guess that it is an emerging counter-culture against the increasing political correctness being pushed upon the internet. Who's right? Who's wrong? Who's to say? "I'm offended" is not an objective argument. Nor is "You shouldn't be offended, it's a joke." In the end, they are subjective, and carry little merit other than personal preferences and morals.

If you dislike what someone has to say, ignore them. Do not associate with them. If they force their doctrines or opinions upon you, either block or report them - on almost every social platform, such options are available. If they're making radical threats, notify the relevant authorities.

Is it a concern? I'd find emerging Neo-Nazism just as much of an issue as I would a culture of excessive political correctness. I disagree with both. Hate speech should not be the norm where a group of people is seriously degraded and humiliated, but nor should policing speech and censorship just in case someone's feelings get hurt. The world does not owe you anything, nor does it have to watch its steps around you in case it treads on your toes.
Of course, that's an ideal. It is extremely unlikely to be the case in real life.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

There was a lot of drama regarding that on Flayrah recently and it did not go in a good direction. Disagreement with others views is fine, demonising others is not and calling for violence against others is absolutely not. At the moment there is a huge amount of polarisation when it comes to politics and frankly I don't care for either side. Since this is mostly coming from the large American influence on the internet at the moment, your one group is racist, misogynistic and nationalistic and the other side is overly politically correct, bound to identity politics and completely intolerant to other political viewpoints. There was a study that claimed to show that; liberals and conservatives in America are just as prejudiced and intolerant as one another, it's just that the targets are different.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
jokootle
Sexual preference: Other

Post by jokootle »

Kek is a religion of peace
I'm sorry :c
jokootle

Post by jokootle »

Don't worry too much. The people who are in co-opting the cons are the cultural marxist, semiqueer+, mayonnaise gender types and not these guys. All this Nazi stuff is just a silly push back or a bad joke.
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

(>ヮ<)/ GNYAHAHAHA!

Furries: the ultimate understanding safespace.

...meanwhile in benoni:
meanwhileinbenoni.jpg
<w< i was a nazi fur before it was cool! (Owo)\ but really, it’s quite literally one of the most ridiculous things you can get... how can people take it seriously?
Faanvolla wrote:furry raiders
The furry raiders? i think they just wana seem like furry supremacists or something, they seem to only have the avarage amount of drama.

i don’t know why this has become mainstream nor do i care (because there will always be something) but when i was doing the nazi fur thing it was for lols and fashion... OwO i mean camaahn, them nutsiez dressed to kill! the few times i drew my fursona with clothes on it was in a nazi uniform.

Here’s a bit of advice that i keep repeating when i see this kind of things: "no variety of assholes are mutually exclusive to a specific fandom, just deal with the individual assholes that affect you and stop worrying about their affiliations."
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Splicer-Fox
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing

Post by Splicer-Fox »

Is it OK for someone to have a "Wit wolf" (white wolf) fursona in SA?
He would make a great mascot for Boeremag.

But the reason there seems to be more Nazis than ever is because people are just applying that label to everybody they don't like.
The Nazis are being made by the people who want to fight them.
Then the memes, jokes and parodies follow. (just look what happened to pewdiepie)

I also understand there is a sexual connection as well.
Something about a fascist in leather is... Sexy.
After all it was Hugo Boss that designed the uniforms.

So its only natural that furs are attracted too the look.
https://youtu.be/p1lo3Qg-mQs?t=1m50s
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak

Post by Faanvolla »

Galahad wrote: If you dislike what someone has to say, ignore them.
That's basically my to-go stance on this nowadays.
If someone does something I disagree with, depending on the context and place where it happens, I'll either just flat-out ignore it, question their 'goals' with what they're saying, state my own opinion and move on from there, or pm them to discuss it civilly without derailing the original area.

People generally always have reasons behind the things they say,
lightly prodding at someone posting, for example, lulnazi pics can generally tell you if they're just 'trolling around' or if they actually believe it.
The people 'joking around', while I would argue is not completely harmless, won't listen to me saying they shouldn't do that anyway, just as I don't have to listen to their jokes.

Me being the massive sjw that I am though, I'm obviously biased to that side of the argument. I agree however, we should not 'police speech' everywhere.
Personally, I don't view "That is offensive" as a synonym for "You aren't allowed to say that", I see it more as a nicer way of saying "I think you're acting like an asshole right now". The person if free to act like an asshole all they want, I'm always just hopeful(naive?) and think that maybe they just don't realize they're being an asshole, instead of just being it on purpose.
(What people consider to be asshole behavior varies, yada, yada)
Splicer-Fox wrote: But the reason there seems to be more Nazis than ever is because people are just applying that label to everybody they don't like.
That is very true as well.
Everyone who disagrees with you to the right is a nazi white supremacist, and everyone who disarees with you to the left is a too-PC SJW Cuck snowflake.
And if you have an opinion in the middle somewhere, you'll get called both at some point or another.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vulpes chama

Post by Cape_F0X »

Splicer-Fox wrote:Is it OK for someone to have a "Wit wolf" (white wolf) fursona in SA?
No he won't. Farmers hate predators because they have a habit of nomming livestock.
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Splicer-Fox wrote:Is it OK for someone to have a "Wit wolf" (white wolf) fursona in SA?
pff, yea... till they realize how GAY furries are... these days you can’t have anthro animals without people thinking it’s some kind of devilish yiff mad faggotation.
Faanvolla wrote:Me being the massive sjw
really? <w< i hereby judge the crap out of you by association and henceforth make it my mission to offend you.
Cape_F0X wrote:No he won't. Farmers hate predators
there is actually an extremist organization called the "Wit wolwe". they tried to blow up that dam to flush away a squatter camp, remember.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak

Post by Faanvolla »

Animew wrote:
Faanvolla wrote:Me being the massive sjw
really? <w< i hereby judge the crap out of you by association and henceforth make it my mission to offend you.
Well see, now I know your end goal is to offend me, not to genuinely be offensive. So I could either just ignore it till you get bored,
Or
I could just feign offense right now, and you'll 'win'/reach your goal immediately.
Animew wrote: judge the crap out of you by ass
Ugh. I can't believe you'd kink shame the Scat community like this. I'm not part of their community and therefore don't have a reason to get offended on their part, but I'm going to get so absolutely offended right now that I'm going to go write not just a Tumblr post, but also a twitter thread and a Medium article.

:P
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Splicer-Fox

Post by Splicer-Fox »

Splicer-Fox wrote:No he won't. Farmers hate predators because they have a habit of nomming livestock.
I thought the white wolfs were the ones raising the livestock, and defending them from being nommed by the current Status quo?

Excuse blurry image.
index.jpg
index.jpg (11.25 KiB) Viewed 7789 times
Although too my surprise it turns out they never existed.
“Strydom claimed he was the leader of the White Wolves (Afrikaans: Wit Wolwe). Police later found that this was only a figment of Strydom's imagination.”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barend_Strydom
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

The German World War uniforms were dope as fuck.
Franky
The Bad Guy
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox

Post by Franky »

Inkswitch wrote:Hopefully the South African furry community doesn’t find itself in a situation where we’re having to deal with literal Nazis in our midst.
AWB Furs?

Splicer-Fox

Post by Splicer-Fox »

Excuse me,
1234abcd.jpg
1234abcd.jpg (39.22 KiB) Viewed 7718 times
I believe that symbol above is illegal in some countries.
It is considered harmful or even a hate crime to display these images without context.
The forum does have rules regarding inappropriate images.

I demand that the admins remove the unnecessary image mentioned, or blur/censor it.
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Splicer-Fox wrote:I believe that symbol above is illegal in some countries.
It is considered harmful or even a hate crime to display these images without context.
The forum does have rules regarding inappropriate images.

I demand that the admins remove the unnecessary image mentioned, or blur/censor it.
yea! its discriminatory censorship! we demand equal censorship!

i mean look at this:
trump.jpg
doesn’t this symbol just evoke hatred!? just makes me wana slapaniga! much in the same way the moon evokes hatred in werewolves! the moon is a symbol of hatred that makes otherwise rational lycanthropes turn into blood thirsty monsters!

if you are going to remove pictures of unicorns stabbing each other in the butt and brain dicks, ya'll are going to have to censor the moon!
if not for the wolf men, do it for the 6 billion dead jews!
moonswastika.png
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

Splicer-Fox

Post by Splicer-Fox »

How do we feel about communism?
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=4394&p=97550&hilit ... hog#p97550
Communism can be sexy too. :3
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

This is the most confusing yet bizzarly beautiful fag I've ever seen...
Reag_1436506735.jpg
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Species: Werewolf

Post by Valerion »

RavenSong wrote:This is the most confusing yet bizzarly beautiful fag I've ever seen...

Reag_1436506735.jpg
*idly wonders if typo or on purpose*

Also, luckily there's no conflicting ideas in that flag whatsoever.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

welll... not on purpose no :P I've recently managed to grow nails and typing is not the easiest thing if you arent used to it :P
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
jokootle

Post by jokootle »

RavenSong wrote:This is the most confusing yet bizzarly beautiful fag I've ever seen...

Reag_1436506735.jpg
This one is a pro-segregation authoritarian niche movement symbol (at least the post it was associated with) I spotted the other day. They say all cultures are colourful like the rainbow but if these mix you get black or brown and the beauty is gone.
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

So this and 2 the ranting gryphon and stuff.

Also noticed a lot of Dogpatch press followers in SA. O.o
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Ugh... Can't believe people follow Dogpatch. It's awful. He's going around spreading plenty of hate himself.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 6:42 pm Ugh... Can't believe people follow Dogpatch. It's awful. He's going around spreading plenty of hate himself.
This is Nazi
That is Nazi
Everything is Nazi

:lol:
Splicer-Fox

Post by Splicer-Fox »

Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

Wondering if count dankula nearly went to prison for making a joke where he teaches his pug to do a nazi sallute what type of uproar my nazi second life pony can cause. O.O
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

ArtyLoop

Post by ArtyLoop »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 6:42 pm Ugh... Can't believe people follow Dogpatch. It's awful. He's going around spreading plenty of hate himself.
I went to dogpatch.press to have a look around.
Is it the site you are referring to, or his Twatter?