Fursuit makers?

Got a fursuit to show off? Want advice on how to make one or where to get one? Feel the need to share pictures of your new wolf T-shirt? What about cute plushie or pair of fluffy ears? This is the place.

Moderator: YoteFox

Zelian
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: Ssol-Arian lizard
Region: Gauteng

Fursuit makers?

Post by Zelian »

Hello! hope you all are well reading this.

I got this good american furiend of mine but fursuits there is very very expensive to make so he asked me if any of you could maybe make one and send it to him? he will pay of course.

Hope someone can help him out! hes saving right now and got a 104$

Take care all
The peaceful reptilian hermit.

My youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXK0ix ... B25dLzYaHQ
Zelian

Re: Fursuit makers?

Post by Zelian »

i mean south america sorry lol, where is the edit button? >.>

My youtube channel:
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

It's expensive no matter where you make it, kind of an inherent aspect of luxury goods. If you get it made somewhere it's slightly cheaper, you'll get shipping and customs fees and a whole lot of extra hassle. Not worth it IMHO. Especially from SA, where the few makers are hobbyists and not professionals.
Zelian

Post by Zelian »

I see! thank you for the reply, i will go tell him

My youtube channel:
Jake Dane
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: 98% Canine 2% Dragon

Post by Jake Dane »

Zelian wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:41 pm Hello! hope you all are well reading this.

I got this good american furiend of mine but fursuits there is very very expensive to make so he asked me if any of you could maybe make one and send it to him? he will pay of course.

Hope someone can help him out! hes saving right now and got a 104$

Take care all

Hi Zelian,

yes fursuits are expensive no matter how you look at it. With this said $ 104 is allot for us (ZAR currency exchange of course 1 usd to 13 ZAR ) but working it back to where ever he is in the world its not allot. Hence in states almost every furry can afford one because $500 isnt allot for them but for us its a bit too much. (well for me that is; not even my leather armour was over R 3000)
Leeward wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:21 pm It's expensive no matter where you make it, kind of an inherent aspect of luxury goods. If you get it made somewhere it's slightly cheaper, you'll get shipping and customs fees and a whole lot of extra hassle. Not worth it IMHO. Especially from SA, where the few makers are hobbyists and not professionals.
Have to agree here we arent professionals on any level (personal opinion - dont kill me) we are learning as we go along as well as our the quality and quantity of fur available on the local market is questionable and unreadable at this point in time. (currently R 400 - 500 per meter)

Jake
Furaffrinity: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/JakeDane-ZA
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JakeDaneSA
Telegram: @Jakedane

Live crazy, live in the now, live for now :)
Stay NAUGHTY :D
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

The rule of arbitrage I believe it's called. If it was really cheaper then everyone would be doing it and then demand would be increasing anyway and the price would level out at the end of the day.

I disagree Jake, not everyone in the states can afford suits. It's just more readily available and at lower prices since there is a fursuit maker around just about every corner as in comparison to here where we are quite thinly spread in SA.

The taxes relevant to a completed garment wether it be a fursuit or Tshirt is quite highly set. I know that completed garments have a higher tax rate than raw fabrics since you are in effect taking work away from residents. For import of completed garments into SA you are looking at a 40%-45% tax where as fabrics still at a high tax rate is at 22%. This is to import to SA. You will most likely face the same situation if you are importing from another country.
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum