Random Finds Of Infinite Potential

Got a fursuit to show off? Want advice on how to make one or where to get one? Feel the need to share pictures of your new wolf T-shirt? What about cute plushie or pair of fluffy ears? This is the place.

Moderator: YoteFox

Sudan Red
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Lion
Region: Gauteng

Random Finds Of Infinite Potential

Post by Sudan Red »

Does anyone else do this?

Sometimes I come across completely random things which MAAAAY have a use for cosplay... and then they are cheap and then I buy a bunch of them to - I dunno - ponder their potential!

Case in point: I am on a work trip in Hazyview, so I am cruising the mall just poking into random shops. I notice some gloves in a scratch bin, pick them up and they turn out to be ultra-light, breathable, perfect-fit lycra gloves! Some digging produces a huge cache of them! AND THEY COST R10 A PAIR. I bought 5 pairs...

So, the potential use I see is as a premade base for handpaws. I should be able to glue bits of foam onto them for nice paddy-paws before I tape & trace for fur covering.

Other things I've "stockpiled" are R30 comfy slip on shoes from Mr Price, various plastic cannisters that would make interesting belt props for a futuristic costume, exotic looking fabrics etc.
Attachments
IMG_20170328_194500.jpg
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Re: Random Finds Of Infinite Potential

Post by Leeward »

I do this too... I have a whole crate of "materials" hoarded for projects that never saw the light of day. I should get around to making some of them sometime...
Erdwolf_TVL
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Aardwolf
Region: Western Cape

Re: Random Finds Of Infinite Potential

Post by Erdwolf_TVL »

Back in the day when I still had more money than sense, I thought of commissioning a fursuit.

As for now, I'd love to have one, but I'd hardly ever use it :p