Accessories

Got a fursuit to show off? Want advice on how to make one or where to get one? Feel the need to share pictures of your new wolf T-shirt? What about cute plushie or pair of fluffy ears? This is the place.

Moderator: YoteFox

SirFluffyTail
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Wolf
Region: Western Cape

Accessories

Post by SirFluffyTail »

HEEEEELLOOOOOOOO all, SFT here!! (Yes, with the howling again...) :D

I really want to buy a black wolf tail but can't find any that looks good enough in South Africa. Is there anyone here in Durbanville/CT that makes them? I don't really want to order them online because of the shipping costs and all that...

THANKS!
Galahad
Region: Gauteng

Re: Accessories

Post by Galahad »

Have you tried a feather duster and duct tape?

(Sorry, I could not resist. There are several fursuiters here on the forum. I am certain they can help you! YoteFox and Leeward are examples that come to mind.)
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Failing that, you can try Anthrowear.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Why not try and make your own? There are tons of tutorials out there. If you can't find faux fur, you can try a yarn tail. I personally find that they look much more realistic, but that's just me. Otherwise I'd be willing to help.
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

What the gun wielding moo said. Try making it yourself, so much more rewarding. There are so many different tutorials and guides on the net to help you.
Also I would be more than willing to assist you in making the tail ^.^
I don't do commissions(Yet) but you're more than welcome to ask for anything.
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
SirFluffyTail

Post by SirFluffyTail »

Thanks all! I'll definitely first try myself. If I get stuck, I'll ask for some offered assistance. Thanks again!
Krem2911
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Dragon(1/4 avian)

Post by Krem2911 »

You know i always thought of full on suits as SUPER WEIRD, i get it that its your choice and i will respect that but i think its just a little wrong. Dont get me wrong if i could look like my fur i would love to but those costumes look oversized and a little derpy always. and they cant be comfy can they? i mean maybe a tail,ears,paws so on but a full headpiece and torso and everything just seems excessive to me. Is it just a way to express yourself as the furry you want to be?
Life is a lesson you learn, At the End CC-T
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Hmmph, just wearing ears and a tail looks way more weird than a full suit. Fuirsuits are hot and restrict your vision, but that's hardly a reason not to wear them.

I hope that if you ever become a motorcyclist, that you don't have that same attitude towards protective gear.
Last edited by Sev on Sat May 14, 2016 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Krem2911 wrote:You know i always thought of full on suits as SUPER WEIRD, i get it that its your choice and i will respect that but i think its just a little wrong. Dont get me wrong if i could look like my fur i would love to but those costumes look oversized and a little derpy always. and they cant be comfy can they? i mean maybe a tail,ears,paws so on but a full headpiece and torso and everything just seems excessive to me. Is it just a way to express yourself as the furry you want to be?
Actually I felt the same way. But then I saw the really good one and they grew on me. Are really cute. For example watch the suits in this. (Except the bird one at the end x.x Although I actually saw that one in person at EF.)

Edit: Actually Masada's suit is perhaps even better.

"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
SirFluffyTail

Post by SirFluffyTail »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:
Krem2911 wrote:You know i always thought of full on suits as SUPER WEIRD, i get it that its your choice and i will respect that but i think its just a little wrong. Dont get me wrong if i could look like my fur i would love to but those costumes look oversized and a little derpy always. and they cant be comfy can they? i mean maybe a tail,ears,paws so on but a full headpiece and torso and everything just seems excessive to me. Is it just a way to express yourself as the furry you want to be?
Actually I felt the same way. But then I saw the really good one and they grew on me. Are really cute. For example watch the suits in this. (Except the bird one at the end x.x Although I actually saw that one in person at EF.)

Edit: Actually Masada's suit is perhaps even better.

THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!! I LOOOOOOVE THOSE VIDEOS. HOLY CRAP!!!!!! Thanks for posting! I also personally like this Radioactive version better... :)
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

You know I get what you're saying. The oversized suit and derpy looking features etc etc but that is actually to me what makes the suit awesome. You are not constricted, you have creative freedom. To me a fursuit shouldn't look in proportion and shouldn't look realistic since it's just to damn constricting on creativity for me. I dig the Toony look.

However I have to agree with Sev on that, having experience with it. Wearing only a tail or paws or ears are more silly than wearing a suit. See the thing is when you wear only pieces of the suit your human bits are still showing, making it hard to turn into your fursona. I'm giving away too much of my pawdcast here. People wear fursuits to turn into their creations, to bring them to life. To me there is a whole other world when putting on that head.

Yes, it gets hot. However wearing the partial wasn't that un-comfy really. You might the think the inside of the fur is scratchy, not it's actually quite soft and comforting. I'm also still going to make my fullsuit with digi legs and all the weird derpy things you can think of ;3
Here are some reasons why I think furries wear them suits:
1-It's a harmless scapegoat from yourself and your problems
2-It's as you say, expressionism at it's finest
3-It's fun to be a dog
4- For me it's not all about myself, I make people smile with my suit and that is magic
5- Being a maker and getting compliments on what I made, HUUUUUUGE ego boost
6- Who are you hurting? Some haters opinion ag shame fuck 'em they'll never have the balls to fursuit

That is just my opinion on it, not everything in life has to be perfect and constricting to social norms. It's okay to be weird, it's okay to have fun. Life is to short to be normal.

Just something funny, you say fursuits are "SUPER WEIRD" yet you are on a furry forum where people claim to be anthropomorphic animals XD
No offense, I just always find it funny when a furry finds something like that weird lol
Anyhow not everyone is so obsessed with fursuits as I am. So I'll leave you to your opinion on it, I just gave you facts to consider and generally an answer that I've been aching to give someone.

To hear my full opinion on fursuiting and things alike tune in tonight to the South Afrifur Pawdcast. This is a topic I certainly want to touch on.
8pm on furstre.am. Sorry for the blatant self marketing, I just felt the followers of this topic might want to hear it from the suiters mouth himself.

Oh and SirFluffyTail, sorry for derailing your thread.
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
SirFluffyTail

Post by SirFluffyTail »

YoteFox wrote:
You know I get what you're saying. The oversized suit and derpy looking features etc etc but that is actually to me what makes the suit awesome. You are not constricted, you have creative freedom. To me a fursuit shouldn't look in proportion and shouldn't look realistic since it's just to damn constricting on creativity for me. I dig the Toony look.

However I have to agree with Sev on that, having experience with it. Wearing only a tail or paws or ears are more silly than wearing a suit. See the thing is when you wear only pieces of the suit your human bits are still showing, making it hard to turn into your fursona. I'm giving away too much of my pawdcast here. People wear fursuits to turn into their creations, to bring them to life. To me there is a whole other world when putting on that head.

Yes, it gets hot. However wearing the partial wasn't that un-comfy really. You might the think the inside of the fur is scratchy, not it's actually quite soft and comforting. I'm also still going to make my fullsuit with digi legs and all the weird derpy things you can think of ;3
Here are some reasons why I think furries wear them suits:
1-It's a harmless scapegoat from yourself and your problems
2-It's as you say, expressionism at it's finest
3-It's fun to be a dog
4- For me it's not all about myself, I make people smile with my suit and that is magic
5- Being a maker and getting compliments on what I made, HUUUUUUGE ego boost
6- Who are you hurting? Some haters opinion ag shame fuck 'em they'll never have the balls to fursuit

That is just my opinion on it, not everything in life has to be perfect and constricting to social norms. It's okay to be weird, it's okay to have fun. Life is to short to be normal.

Just something funny, you say fursuits are "SUPER WEIRD" yet you are on a furry forum where people claim to be anthropomorphic animals XD
No offense, I just always find it funny when a furry finds something like that weird lol
Anyhow not everyone is so obsessed with fursuits as I am. So I'll leave you to your opinion on it, I just gave you facts to consider and generally an answer that I've been aching to give someone.

To hear my full opinion on fursuiting and things alike tune in tonight to the South Afrifur Pawdcast. This is a topic I certainly want to touch on.
8pm on furstre.am. Sorry for the blatant self marketing, I just felt the followers of this topic might want to hear it from the suiters mouth himself.

Oh and SirFluffyTail, sorry for derailing your thread.

Lol. It's fine. I'm definitely going to listen tonight! Thx