Fursuit and commission updates!

Got a fursuit to show off? Want advice on how to make one or where to get one? Feel the need to share pictures of your new wolf T-shirt? What about cute plushie or pair of fluffy ears? This is the place.

Moderator: YoteFox

YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Re: Fursuit and commission updates!

Post by YoteFox »

NikNak wrote:yeah it is just that i am worried that i will completely ruin my suit if i make it myself...
I was too at first, the most important thing ro remember when making fursuits is that the whole process is trial and error and it is a skill that needs to be developed. Go through my thread and see how I improved from the first head to the second head.

If I can also add my six cents to the conversation. The cost of materials is what drives the prices sky high. I wish I could sell furry stuff at cost price but I simply can't since time is money. It took me 8 hours to sculpt my head to the point where it showed very little emotion. As I have been saying fursuit making is also an art, it's wearable forms of art.

I know some artists don't even charge for their art but fursuit makers have no option. With the exchange rate being what it is and fur not being available on a big scale locally anymore the most basic fursuit could cost as enormous amount to make. Not being rewarded for the time put into that suit is discouraging and wouldn't ensure decent quality work.

I haven't kept very good track of my expenses, I know BAD ACCOUNTANT!! But 1 head works out at R1500 about to make.
I'm not taking anyone's side here. I'm just explaining it from my viewpoint.
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Niexie
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vixen
Region: Gauteng

Re: Fursuit and commission updates!

Post by Niexie »

I agree It takes allot of time and is not cheap to make x.x

Even some people here sell bad fur for like 300-400 pm....

Fursuiting is sadly not cheap v.v But I am trying my best to find ways to make it less expensive. And at the rate the Rand is getting weaker, it won't be easy to keep my prices low! Hopefully me and my dad will get the fur shop running and improve the making of fursuits here! <3

(Note: I will be gone for a few days due to holiday! will reply to all questions after the 3rd of Jan.)

Happy New years all! Hope all the best!