Reaserch... for something...

Got a fursuit to show off? Want advice on how to make one or where to get one? Feel the need to share pictures of your new wolf T-shirt? What about cute plushie or pair of fluffy ears? This is the place.

Moderator: YoteFox

rusted hydra
Cannibal
Sexual preference: Bi
Region: Gauteng

Reaserch... for something...

Post by rusted hydra »

I suddenly had an idea for a piece of scalie accessory for le self.
but to make it I'll need some things...
Namely what kind of strong, double ended tape can I use for sticking something to my face and/or clothes. (preferably cheap, but I guess I might go higher)

and anyone know any shops that sell different colour fake leather in the joburg area?

Edit: I may also need fishing wire(cause its thin and strong)(IF I can't find some at home) and some chain.(though I'll check builders warehouse, I also need some little hoops and hooks n shit.)

What I'm thinking up is big... but I have tests now so it'll be next weekend when I can start work on this. mean time I can dream up, plan and collect.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Re: Reaserch... for something...

Post by Leeward »

I'm no cosplay expert from from what I know, flexibility, porosity, sweat, and shedding of dead cells are all aspects of skin that make it incredibly difficult to make stuff stick to it for more than a few hours. Rather have a simple form-fitting structure (like a headband) and build from there if you want to make a more durable accessory.

To attach things to clothing, you might want to sew rather than glue because the fabric may get stiff, and glue is easier to rip off.

Just an aside, you can home manufacture cheap fake leather by sticking brittle rubber to fabric, or by applying several coats of thick paint to fabric and then purposefully warping/cracking up the surface. There are other ways too. What type of grain are you looking for?

EDIT: Here's a tutorial I found on the subject: http://miniatures.about.com/od/miniatur ... Fabric.htm
rusted hydra
Cannibal
Sexual preference: Bi
Region: Gauteng

Post by rusted hydra »

I'll look at that tutorial when I have a chance. I might use it.

And the headband thing might work. but I will still need a tape, I did say preferably cheap, because I will be using it alot for many many things n strings.
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

Try oriental plaza for the leather, got my fur from there
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum