Fur suite

Got a fursuit to show off? Want advice on how to make one or where to get one? Feel the need to share pictures of your new wolf T-shirt? What about cute plushie or pair of fluffy ears? This is the place.

Moderator: YoteFox

Eylof
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Wolf
Region: Western Cape
Location: Monte Vista , plattekloof glen , in your nightmares... joke ^^

Fur suite

Post by Eylof »

Would really like one like this......

Anyone got an idea what the price might be?

http://latinvixen.phpwebhosting.com/
Attachments
image.jpg
~The problem is not the problem... the problem is your attitude towards the problem~ Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Eylof

Re: Fur suite

Post by Eylof »

anyone know where i can get a suite with that quality in SA?
~The problem is not the problem... the problem is your attitude towards the problem~ Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf
Region: Gauteng

Post by Valerion »

My favorite suit. I want one like that too. It was made my Mixed Candy. I believe the price for that from them will be around $3,000, but I haven't asked specifically.

I am not too sure who in SA can make suits of that quality ... If they can I would want one as well.

Perhaps post in the Marketplace and see if anyone offers?
Eylof

Post by Eylof »

ok thanks will do
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

$3000!? *dies* X_x

Perhaps in 5 years time - once we're earning decent salaries - Vox and I will join you guys, and then we'll finally have a group of ZA fursuiters with which we can visit parks, children's hospitals, go bowling and engage in other miscellaneous (possibly charitable) fun! ^^

P.S, this is a fur suite: you're looking for fursuits. ;)
Hahaha! :lol:
Eylof

Post by Eylof »

Ryall wrote:$3000!? *dies* X_x

Perhaps in 5 years time - once we're earning decent salaries - Vox and I will join you guys, and then we'll finally have a group of ZA fursuiters with which we can visit parks, children's hospitals, go bowling and engage in other miscellaneous (possibly charitable) fun! ^^

P.S, this is a fur suite: you're looking for fursuits. ;)

Brilliant idea would love to do charity and fun stuff with a fur suite I'm starting to work Monday (decent paying job) so I might have enough money to buy me a proper suite in a few months. ;)

Because if I wait until I get my pilot licence I won't be able to buy anything in at least 5years
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Ryall wrote:$3000!? *dies* X_x
I agree that is a lot, but this is a unique item handmade by a highly skilled individual.
Eylof

Post by Eylof »

That individual has some serious skill.... O_o
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Aye look, I am not saying that it's overpriced, but it is a very expensive luxury: way more than I could ever hope to afford as a student, or in my first three years of work as a trainee accountant. Like I said, maybe when I am older and am earning better, and provided there are others to fursuit with, then I will get an awesome fursuit like that, as will Vox. :D

How about you M7?

That costume's head by the way, is proof in my mind that anthros could be made to look great in real life. What do you think, eh Contrast? ;)
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

I would love a fursuit, but I think that it would end up like my airsoft equipment - not used nearly often enough.
Eylof

Post by Eylof »

It's like a tuxedo , wear it on special occasions ;)
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Or just wear it all the time O.o"
Winters are cold here in Cape Town. :P
Eylof

Post by Eylof »

Ryall wrote:Or just wear it all the time O.o"
Winters are cold here in Cape Town. :P
Haha Sutherland now that's cold... But I would wear it as much as possible yes...just thinking how you wash it with out wearing it out?
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Psst... "suite" = a matched set of something, usually rooms, pronounced "sweet"; "suit"= a set of clothes made from the same material, such as fabric or fur, pronounced "soot".
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Another million points and another standing ovation goes to Leeward for literally spelling out the difference between "suite" and "suit".

*Gives yet another non-sarcastic standing ovation*

Ryall wrote: That costume's head by the way, is proof in my mind that anthros could be made to look great in real life. What do you think, eh Contrast? ;)
Nope. Still not happening. To me, animal heads covered in fur are only sexy in a 2D world. The thought of kissing a real life anthro covered in hair still makes me gag and splutter.
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Eylof

Post by Eylof »

Leeward wrote:Psst... "suite" = a matched set of something, usually rooms, pronounced "sweet"; "suit"= a set of clothes made from the same material, such as fabric or fur, pronounced "soot".
Lol oh sorry , English isn't my first language ;)
Eylof

Post by Eylof »

Bloody hell.....got a quote for this specific furry suit..... $6500 o_O

Nearly R70 000 for a suit...it's worth more than my car!!!
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Species: Werewolf

Post by Valerion »

Who did you get the quote from?
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

There are multiple fursuit creators in SA actually, as you know I am making one for myself. Other Fursuit creators are Niexie, Aeowyn and I believe electrocat makes fursuits as well.
I got a quote for a fursuit from www.madefuryou.com for $2700 for my fox fursuit and I can make one for far less myself. Although in 5 years time I shall have my fursuit from made fur you.
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Leeward wrote:Psst... "suite" = a matched set of something, usually rooms, pronounced "sweet"; "suit"= a set of clothes made from the same material, such as fabric or fur, pronounced "soot".
Contrast wrote:Another million points and another standing ovation goes to Leeward for literally spelling out the difference between "suite" and "suit".

*Gives yet another non-sarcastic standing ovation*
Does nobody read my posts? :?
Ryall, before everyone else, wrote:P.S. this is a fur suite: you're looking for fursuits. ;)
Anyway,
Contrast wrote:Nope. Still not happening. To me, animal heads covered in fur are only sexy in a 2D world. The thought of kissing a real life anthro covered in hair still makes me gag and splutter.
You fill the yiffy gallery up every day, yet despise the idea of real furries. O.o
I don't know bat. What if there was this charming vixen, who had the most charming personality and witty quips: would you still be so unwilling then?

Obviously I have changed the nature of this question from being based purely aesthetics, to including personalities and character, but I am curious to know how deep your revulsion extends. :P
Eylof

Post by Eylof »

Valerion wrote:Who did you get the quote from?
I contacted mixedcandy directly
Ryall wrote:Aye look, I am not saying that it's overpriced, but it is a very expensive luxury: way more than I could ever hope to afford as a student, or in my first three years of work as a trainee accountant. Like I said, maybe when I am older and am earning better, and provided there are others to fursuit with, then I will get an awesome fursuit like that, as will Vox. :D

How about you M7?

That costume's head by the way, is proof in my mind that anthros could be made to look great in real life. What do you think, eh Contrast? ;)
I agree anthros can look good in real life
Last edited by Rakuen Growlithe on Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged multiple posts
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Contrast wrote:Another million points and another standing ovation goes to Leeward for literally spelling out the difference between "suite" and "suit".
Well Ryall pointed it out first, I just explained the difference.
ShaunWolf wrote:Lol oh sorry , English isn't my first language ;)
It's not mine either. ;) (But it's sort of a 1.5th language because I started learning it when I was 4 years old.)
Eylof

Post by Eylof »

Leeward wrote:
Well Ryall pointed it out first, I just explained the difference.
ShaunWolf wrote:Lol oh sorry , English isn't my first language ;)
It's not mine either. ;) (But it's sort of a 1.5th language because I started learning it when I was 4 years old.)
Lol my first language is Afrikaans and my second language....languages is English and Dutch.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Ryall wrote: You fill the yiffy gallery up every day, yet despise the idea of real furries. O.o
I don't know bat. What if there was this charming vixen, who had the most charming personality and witty quips: would you still be so unwilling then?

Obviously I have changed the nature of this question from being based purely aesthetics, to including personalities and character, but I am curious to know how deep your revulsion extends. :P
The thought of a single strand of human hair getting in my mouth makes me want to throw up, so maybe that will give you an idea. I love 2D furries, I love them to bits, I think they're sexy as hell (if the art is done well). Real life furries, however, are fundamentally different from 2D artworks to such an extent you can't even really call them the same thing.

Sure, if there was a real life vixen furry with a wonderful personality I'd love to be friends with her, but anything more than that? No. There's hair all over her face, and her muzzle would be just that: a muzzle. Real life furries wouldn't be able to change their mouth shapes to imitate human mouths like they do in artworks, and that's another part of the 2D attraction that would be removed from a real life anthro (the recognition of certain facial features as "human"). I'd look at her, but what I would see is a fox head attached to a very hairy human body. You could argue that the face of an anthro fox would be more human than a feral fox, but the key features (the fur, the muzzle, the skull structure) are all just a massive turn-off for me when viewed in real life, and not in a piece of art.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Well, there's a different between hair and fur, but I get that the idea is an issue.

I would actually be quite curious to see how Anthros do (attempt) to pronounce human words. I mean conceptually their larynges could be the same as humans, but obviously the shapes of their mouths and tongues would be different. I wonder...
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

I'm with Contrast on this one. Real life furries would not be as attractive as the human feminine form.
Ahem..... Luckily we can dream of a halfway point.
Attachments
-Neko-Sinna-darkcruz360-31106143-1280-1024.jpg
[REDACTED]
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye
Region: Other

Post by Fluke »

Helios_phi wrote:I'm with Contrast on this one. Real life furries would not be as attractive as the human feminine form.
Ahem..... Luckily we can dream of a halfway point.

Looks like Azusa

https://lurei.files.wordpress.com/2010/ ... -azusa.png
Last edited by Rakuen Growlithe on Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed image to link as it broke forum width.
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

He he. Cool. I just quickly google "sexy neko" for that post.
I checked up and it definately does look like Azusa. Excellent spot on that one.
It's looks cute.
[REDACTED]
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Helios_phi wrote:Luckily we can dream of a halfway point.
I would have no problems with that whatsoever. :mrgreen:
Attachments
autumn_fox-1440911.jpg
Eylof

Post by Eylof »

Contrast wrote:
Helios_phi wrote:Luckily we can dream of a halfway point.
I would have no problems with that whatsoever. :mrgreen:
Haha nice ;)