Meet Baz

For all types of visual art. Digital, traditional or photography. We want to see it.
Baz
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Saber tooth Cat
Region: Other

Meet Baz

Post by Baz »

My first ever commission done by the amazing Luca! She is just amazing! I can see this becoming a new addiction.

Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Re: Meet Baz

Post by Animew »

"WOW, THAT'S AMAZING! Luca sure knows her way around coloring pencils!"
UwU/ is no doubt what i would be saying if i could in fact see the picture... <w< don't link from FA or any website that restricts access to members only, people... i've said this like a BAZZILION times!
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Post by Faanvolla »

We're not having this debate again :P
Here:
https://www.furaffinity.net/view/28279164/

Looks very cool, nice colours!
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Baz

Post by Baz »

Thanks Faanvolla!

Sorry Animew, I thought that was public, does not seem to be a way to change it now, oh well... lesson learned :(
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Gauteng

Post by Adagio »

Faanvolla wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:19 am We're not having this debate again :P
Here:
THANK YOU!!
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter

Post by Trace »

That is awesome!
She did a great job. :3
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Baz

Post by Baz »

Thank you!
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Faanvolla wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:19 am[Attached image]
Thanks Faan. Just a meta comment while we're on the topic, this is the kind of thing that's normally a mod's (or more efficiently, a bot's) job... but that's none of my business.

Anyway, lovely art, Baz.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Leeward wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:55 amThanks Faan. Just a meta comment while we're on the topic, this is the kind of thing that's normally a mod's (or more efficiently, a bot's) job... but that's none of my business.
If the problem is that the image is not loading then a bot isn't going to be able to load it either. It's not a moderator's job to go around fixing up links and certainly not a moderator's job to around looking for missing content. Making sure that the post displays correctly is up to the poster themselves and that includes images. I can promise you, if you post a broken link in your FurAffinity, deviantArt or Youtube submission, no moderator is going to go around fixing it for you. Even if moderator's were going around fixing broken images, that would not preclude other users from helping out if they were there first. Don't just expect someone else to do everything, if you are there and can help, then go ahead.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:19 am Don't just expect someone else to do everything, if you are there and can help, then go ahead.
ssssshhhh! its ok! its OK! no one is attacking you firedog. you are an admin, not a mod. relax and take a deep breath.

UwU/ i'd have to point out tho that the general upkeep of the place IS kinda the responsibility of the staff... that's kinda why they are the staff, as for instance a mod could actually fix the original post instead of reposting. Ow< Faan was just demonstrating what an excellent candidate he is for moderator by stepping in as a concerned citizen.
Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:19 am Making sure that the post displays correctly is up to the poster themselves and that includes images.
lol dude, Baz joined this year and has hardly had to listen to me go on about how FA's links don't always display for everyone as much as everyone else has. UwU/ for him it displayed perfectly no doubt so how was he suppose to know some people could not see it?
Faanvolla wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:19 am We're not having this debate again
=w= i'm afraid you underestimate the ZAfur community's knack for revision...
seriously tho folks, move along. some people could not see the lion but now we can all see the lion... and realize that its not a lion at all and in fact a smilodon.

OwO/ which is pretty damn awesome! not only that, its also a feral sona! what made you decide on a saber tooth, Baz? its a fairly uncommon species that often gets overlooked.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Baz

Post by Baz »

Thank you guys!

Yea, I am still on my training wheels with this forum. Worked a treat when I made the thread, logged out of my FA and it still worked, so was like awesome, job done (did not think it could have been cached). Sorry for opening pandoras box :(
Animew wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:44 am
=w= i'm afraid you underestimate the ZAfur community's knack for revision...
seriously tho folks, move along. some people could not see the lion but now we can all see the lion... and realize that its not a lion at all and in fact a smilodon.

OwO/ which is pretty damn awesome! not only that, its also a feral sona! what made you decide on a saber tooth, Baz? its a fairly uncommon species that often gets overlooked.
Thanks Animew! I wanted something different but still a big cat of sorts mixed in with something fantasy or mystical. Sabers to me look badass and handsome, also as you mentioned, they not so common. I like to try be differant. So I approached Luca and gave her the color palette and species. She had freedom on most of it, apart from a few key areas which is fair enough. By the way she is so great to work with.

I hope to get more of him commissioned. It's such a great feeling seeing your own character come to life, I can see this being an addiction now!
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Gauteng

Post by Adagio »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:19 am
Leeward wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:55 amThanks Faan. Just a meta comment while we're on the topic, this is the kind of thing that's normally a mod's (or more efficiently, a bot's) job... but that's none of my business.
If the problem is that the image is not loading then a bot isn't going to be able to load it either. It's not a moderator's job to go around fixing up links and certainly not a moderator's job to around looking for missing content. Making sure that the post displays correctly is up to the poster themselves and that includes images. I can promise you, if you post a broken link in your FurAffinity, deviantArt or Youtube submission, no moderator is going to go around fixing it for you. Even if moderator's were going around fixing broken images, that would not preclude other users from helping out if they were there first. Don't just expect someone else to do everything, if you are there and can help, then go ahead.
And just to add to what Rakuen said. The image did and still is loading perfectly fine for me. So?

Added in 3 minutes 30 seconds:
Animew wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:44 am
Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:19 am Don't just expect someone else to do everything, if you are there and can help, then go ahead.
ssssshhhh! its ok! its OK! no one is attacking you firedog. you are an admin, not a mod. relax and take a deep breath.

UwU/ i'd have to point out tho that the general upkeep of the place IS kinda the responsibility of the staff... that's kinda why they are the staff, as for instance a mod could actually fix the original post instead of reposting. Ow< Faan was just demonstrating what an excellent candidate he is for moderator by stepping in as a concerned citizen.
Yes. Upkeep. Sure! But fixing things that aren't broken, because some people don't have an account somewhere?

Anywho. Thank you Faan!

And awesome art Baz!! Thank you for sharing!!
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Post by Faanvolla »

It didn't load for me at all at the start until I searched for the artist on FA so I posted it preemptively :P
Animew wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:44 am Ow< Faan was just demonstrating what an excellent candidate he is for moderator by stepping in as a concerned citizen.
Thank you for the vote of confidence but no thank you, I like taking extended breaks and then coming back to 50 unread posts :P
Animew wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:44 am =w= i'm afraid you underestimate the ZAfur community's knack for revision...
I'm not actually surprised tbh
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Oh boy, where do I start...
Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:19 amIf the problem is that the image is not loading then a bot isn't going to be able to load it either.
It would, if the bot had the ability to authenticate with FA on an account with full access. Download the image and post as attachment, just like Faan did, and boom, done.
It's not a moderator's job to go around fixing up links and certainly not a moderator's job to around looking for missing content.
Actually, it kind of is. On a decently moderated community, at least. Your "not my job" argument is starting to get really tiresome, all it shows is lack of willingness to put in any effort. What kind of example are you setting?
Making sure that the post displays correctly is up to the poster themselves and that includes images.
Even so, people make mistakes, and this is one that's relatively easy to fix.
I can promise you, if you post a broken link in your FurAffinity, deviantArt or Youtube submission, no moderator is going to go around fixing it for you.
That's because none of those places moderate. There are many subreddits that have bots which provide clickable links when there is a URL in a post title, for example. You should see some of their moderator application criteria, your CV would go straight into the trash.
Even if moderator's [sic] were going around fixing broken images, that would not preclude other users from helping out if they were there first.
That just means you were too slow, and now you don't have to do anything, hooray!
Don't just expect someone else to do everything, if you are there and can help, then go ahead.
Totally agree with you there, but that is absolutely not what I was doing.
noah-lausberg

Post by noah-lausberg »

Can we for goddamn once not complain about the admins? They also have lives, relationships and jobs to keep up with and not just sit around and do nothing.

They voluntarily chose to take these positions (correct me if I'm wrong admins) and still deal with our problems. If you think you can do better, create your own forum. If you can't do better then learn. Complaining will get you nowhere in life so if you want to continue, do it elsewhere. The admins have more than enough shit to deal with in their lives, let alone furs that love to give a problem rather than a solution.

Also, Baz I'm sorry for letting this post ruin your artwork. I like the colors that work together. :P
Healer the heals, refusing to be healed
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Baz wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:00 pm I wanted something different but still a big cat of sorts mixed in with something fantasy or mystical. Sabers to me look badass and handsome, also as you mentioned, they not so common. I like to try be differant. So I approached Luca and gave her the color palette and species. She had freedom on most of it, apart from a few key areas which is fair enough. By the way she is so great to work with.
yea it was a pretty good call, sabers be pretty sexy aminals, they have both grace and power. the color scheme you have is also pretty damn awesome and unique, it maintains the cool arctic look without it having to be monotone. and the way the colors naturally blend into markings
Baz wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:00 pm I hope to get more of him commissioned. It's such a great feeling seeing your own character come to life, I can see this being an addiction now!
\OwO/ totes! i mean even when you draw your own fursona its always really awesome seeing someone else draw them. UwU/ that way you can really see the true essence of the character come out, the bits that transcend any given art style. <w< you should indeed get some more commissions of him for sure.
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter

Post by Trace »

Let's keep things on topic, please.
I think that a discussion about external links might need to be had, but this is not the place for it.
I'm sorry that things went so off topic, Baz.
I really like your fursona's design. Those colours are fantastic.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Baz

Post by Baz »

Thanks Animew!

Thanks Trace! No worries at all. I shall just make sure to link images the correct way next time :) JK