Would anyone like some art?

For all types of visual art. Digital, traditional or photography. We want to see it.
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter
Region: Other

Would anyone like some art?

Post by Trace »

Hello all! This is something that I've been wanting to do for a while, and I think that I've finally gotten to the point where I can realistically attempt to do it.
I would like to offer free commissions to anyone on the forum who might be interested. There *are* a few caveats: I won't do any NSFW/yiffy stuff (sorry); you may have to wait a bit for me to get around to a drawing, especially if a lot of furs would like one, and I am still learning, so likely you will not receive perfect art.
Why am I doing this? In part, it's because I want to get better with my art, and what better way is there to do so than to make something that someone else might enjoy? But maybe more than that, it's because this community has been awesome to me, and I would love to be able to support it in whatever little way I can.
All right, enough of the sappy stuff. To give you an idea of what I might be able to do, here are a couple of drawings that I did fairly recently for Badge and Adagio, respectively:
Vanda Penumbra.png
Renascencia 1.png
If you want to look at some other stuff I've done, here are my DeviantArt and FurAffinity pages: http://transmogrifi3d.deviantart.com/ http://www.furaffinity.net/user/transmogrifi3d/ (They mostly have the same things on them, with a few differences.)
If you think you might want a picture, just let me know! If you don't want to use this thread, feel free to PM me a request as well.
A few things to keep in mind: I hope to be able to make a picture for everyone that wants one, but I may have to make a cutoff at some point, as I do want to make other things too. :P Likely I will operate on a first-come, first served basis for the most part, but I may get to simpler requests earlier.
If you have any references for the character that you would like me to draw, that will probably help considerably in my attempts to draw them. If you don't have any references, that's fine, but I will need a description of the character. The more detailed, the closer I might be able to get to what you want.
If you ask for a drawing, be sure to let me know what you are looking for: anthro or feral, what pose, situation, clothes, mood, setting, etc. the character is in... I may not be able to accommodate all demands, but I will try my best. Also let me know whether you would like me to attempt a digital or traditional drawing. Traditional media (I.E., pencil/pen and paper) might have a few drawbacks, as I likely won't be able to give you a hard copy in the near future... But I can still send you a scan. If there's a certain style you would like me to attempt, let me know that too.
As for payment... Like I said, I would like to offer this for free. I will not accept any monetary payment for the time being. However, if you are really uncomfortable with the idea of getting something for free (and please, don't be. I just want to make stuff :) ); then I will accept any kind of art or creativity as payment, regardless of quality or effort.
Be sure to let me know if you have any questions or want anything clarified, and I will try to get back to you ASAP.
Well, that's all for now! I hope to hear from some of you soon, so that I can get started!
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Re: Would anyone like some art?

Post by Sev »

Ooh, pick me!

I'll send you three of my commissions tonight, along with some supplementary details, to use as a reference.
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

Hahaha, that was fast!
Awesome, I'll be looking forward to it!
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
CyntheWightRabbit

Post by CyntheWightRabbit »

I would ask you to draw me(?) drinking coffee, but given my relationship with it, it'll probably considered NSFW, so... maybe next time?

Those examples are pretty good though. Keep it up.
Sarcasm in the lowest form of wit.
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

Hahaha, if you would seriously like me to try, I would be willing to give it a shot. Let me know!
And thank you, I appreciate it.
CyntheWightRabbit

It's up to you really. If you want to, go ahead. It might be interesting to see how someone else portrays it.
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

Cool! I will probably try to give it a shot then. :3 I think I might have a decent idea of where I could go with it.
But if you have any more direction you'd like to give me, feel free.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Ooh mememememe!!! Pwease! :3
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

Me please, Trace! :D
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Region: Gauteng

Post by Adagio »

You're in trouble now Trace! Hahahaha!!!
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

Chloe wrote:Me please, Trace! :D
Leeward wrote:Ooh mememememe!!! Pwease! :3
For sure! Would either of you care to elaborate on what you'd like to see me do?
Okay, here's the order I have thus far: Sev, Cyn, Contrast, Leeward, Chloe and maybe Mysterious somewhere in there?
The order is somewhat arbitrary, so feel free to contest it, I suppose.
For anyone that might want a picture still, you are still more than welcome to ask!
Sev, I can probably get a start on yours whenever you send me that stuff.
Adagio wrote:You're in trouble now Trace! Hahahaha!!!
Perfect. :P
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

Wow, Trace! You've got your hands full... What fun!

To make a long story short: I don't have any reference pictures available of my fursona at the moment, but I will soon!
Feel free to skip me and leave me until last if I don't come up with a picture by then.
Kievvu
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Canis Lupus
Region: Northwest and North Cape

Post by Kievvu »

Me me me me me me me I want an art ^.^
Steam: Kievvu
Telegram: @Kievvu
Furry Amino: Kievvu
Discord: Kievvu#1856
Blizzard: Kievvu#2944
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

Kievvu wrote:Me me me me me me me I want an art ^.^
Awesome!
Like I said, it may take me a bit to get to everyone, but I really would like to do so.
As long as you can be patient, I can probably guarantee you a picture.
For those that have expressed interest thus far, I would appreciate any more details on what you would like me to draw. I could wing it, but you might be happier with the results if I know what I'm doing. :P
CyntheWightRabbit

Honestly, I'd prefer if you just wing it. It makes the surprise a little better.

That being said, if you are going to be doing mine, would you mind if it ended up being a sort of art trade instead? I'd feel better about the whole thing if I didn't get something for free, especially since it started out as a bad joke. :v But only if you want to.
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

CyntheWightRabbit wrote:Honestly, I'd prefer if you just wing it. It makes the surprise a little better.

That being said, if you are going to be doing mine, would you mind if it ended up being a sort of art trade instead? I'd feel better about the whole thing if I didn't get something for free, especially since it started out as a bad joke. :v But only if you want to.
No problem, that's fine by me. I actually already have an idea for what I'd like to try with yours in particular. I am happy to accept art trades. Would you like me to make a specific request, or would you like to wing it yourself?
CyntheWightRabbit

That's up to you. If you want a specific scenario to take place let me know. Also which sona you would prefer a drawing of and such.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

For me I think I'll give my 'sona a skip this round and go for something silly instead. If you don't mind parodying a trademarked character, that is. :P

I would like a teenage male anthro Siberian cat (silver mackerel tabby with no white, green eyes), posing and/or cosplaying as Captain Morgan (yes, the rum mascot based on the privateer). He can be in full pirate garb like the original character, or doing a budget version, e.g. a sheet for a cape and a bucket instead of a barrel. I think the latter would be funnier, as long as the original concept is recognisable... but I'll leave that up to your creative licence. :)

Thanks Trace!
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

CyntheWightRabbit wrote:That's up to you. If you want a specific scenario to take place let me know. Also which sona you would prefer a drawing of and such.
I'll probably say that I'd prefer to wait until you actually get something before I ask you for something myself. :P In the meantime, I'll try to come up with a request for you. Thanks!
Leeward wrote:For me I think I'll give my 'sona a skip this round and go for something silly instead. If you don't mind parodying a trademarked character, that is. :P

I would like a teenage male anthro Siberian cat (silver mackerel tabby with no white, green eyes), posing and/or cosplaying as Captain Morgan (yes, the rum mascot based on the privateer). He can be in full pirate garb like the original character, or doing a budget version, e.g. a sheet for a cape and a bucket instead of a barrel. I think the latter would be funnier, as long as the original concept is recognisable... but I'll leave that up to your creative licence. :)

Thanks Trace!
That sounds like a lot of fun to tackle! I think I may be able to give it a shot!

I have to say, I love how varied everyone's requests have been thus far. It means that I'm really looking forward to doing all of them, and so I will do my best to do so.
It may take some time, but I'm hoping that everyone can be happy with the results. :D Thank you all for the opportunity!
Mysterious_RSA
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: Arctic Wolf
Region: Gauteng

Post by Mysterious_RSA »

I'll never say no to free art...

烈火と金属の狼
(Rekka to kinzoku no ōkami)
"The wolf of raging fire and metal"
CyntheWightRabbit

Stranger wrote: I'll probably say that I'd prefer to wait until you actually get something before I ask you for something myself. :P In the meantime, I'll try to come up with a request for you. Thanks!
Tough cookies and cream. :v You were too late. I already had a rough doodle-ish sketch made out and I wasn't in the mood to scrap the idea, so...

Declaimers as per usual:
-Excuse my bad drawing.
-Excuse my handwriting.
-I couldn't get the exact colour right as I don't have access to drawing digitally yet.
-Yes, I basically just copy pasted the face of the latest Trace drawing onto a suit of armour.
-I forgot the ascot/next scarf. :(

Inspiration came to me suddenly when I saw a drawing online of medieval armour, I had a sudden urge to want to draw something similar. And with Halloween coming up it seemed to fit. The 'joke' in the Afterword came from me actually looking up the price of cosplay medieval armour. Wow.

Anyway. Let me know what you think. If you wanted something else, I can always try that as well.
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

suicidalandproud wrote:Tough cookies and cream. :v You were too late. I already had a rough doodle-ish sketch made out and I wasn't in the mood to scrap the idea, so...

Declaimers as per usual:
-Excuse my bad drawing.
-Excuse my handwriting.
-I couldn't get the exact colour right as I don't have access to drawing digitally yet.
-Yes, I basically just copy pasted the face of the latest Trace drawing onto a suit of armour.
-I forgot the ascot/next scarf. :(

Inspiration came to me suddenly when I saw a drawing online of medieval armour, I had a sudden urge to want to draw something similar. And with Halloween coming up it seemed to fit. The 'joke' in the Afterword came from me actually looking up the price of cosplay medieval armour. Wow.

Anyway. Let me know what you think. If you wanted something else, I can always try that as well.
Holy crap, that's wonderful! Thank you so much! Don't worry about the bandana. Seriously, I really like it. :3 I love the armor design too...
Well, now I have to do your drawing, haha. I'll start working on it as soon as I finish up a picture for a certain snep.
Mysterious_RSA wrote:I'll never say no to free art...
Awesome, I will add you to the list then!
Again, it may take me a while to get to everyone, but I do plan to do my best to make sure everyone gets a drawing. I may prioritize one or two pieces 'out of order', so please don't be upset or think that I've forgotten you if someone else gets their drawing first. If you are desperate to get a drawing sooner for whatever reason, you can let me know I and will see what I can do... Hopefully it won't be an issue for anyone. Mostly, I hope everyone gets something they like out of this!
CyntheWightRabbit

Cool beans with sprinkles and mustard. There's no rush. It just sorta came to me, plus it let me experiment with expressions.

That 'next'/'neck' mistake though. Lemme just commit seppuku for that.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

That's actually really cool. Still not worth $4,000, though.
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

Hello all! Presenting a snep in his native habitat:
Sev 1.png
... Sev, you're supposed to wear a helmet...
Just don't make it a habit... :P
(Safety first! Artistic liberties were taken.)
I'm looking forward to starting the next one!
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

I have a funny story about that, actually.

So I'm an All of The Gear, All of The Time (ATGATT) kinda guy.

But the one time, I was moving my bike from one parking spot to another outside of a restaurant.

The "problem" is that I had taken my gloves and helmet off in the restaurant. This woman walked up to me and started lecturing me about how dangerous it is to ride without a helmet. The whole time, I was trying to point out that I was still wearing the rest of my gear, and thus she should take my word that I did not ride there without a helmet.

She was having none of it, though.

To add insult to injury, I thought that I bumped into her later, so a waggled my helmet in front of her. Unfortunately, this was not the same person. After I realized this, I apologized profusely and very quickly made some distance.

Still get red thinking about it...
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

Sev wrote:I have a funny story about that, actually.

So I'm an All of The Gear, All of The Time (ATGATT) kinda guy.

But the one time, I was moving my bike from one parking spot to another outside of a restaurant.

The "problem" is that I had taken my gloves and helmet off in the restaurant. This woman walked up to me and started lecturing me about how dangerous it is to ride without a helmet. The whole time, I was trying to point out that I was still wearing the rest of my gear, and thus she should take my word that I did not ride there without a helmet.

She was having none of it, though.

To add insult to injury, I thought that I bumped into her later, so a waggled my helmet in front of her. Unfortunately, this was not the same person. After I realized this, I apologized profusely and very quickly made some distance.

Still get red thinking about it...
Oh no... Sorry to bring up that memory... I hope it's not too painful.
suicidalandproud wrote:Cool beans with sprinkles and mustard. There's no rush. It just sorta came to me, plus it let me experiment with expressions.

That 'next'/'neck' mistake though. Lemme just commit seppuku for that.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. I've made far worse typos in the past, I'm sure.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

If you want painful, I should bring up my crash last year... :P
CyntheWightRabbit

@Sev: I wish that $4000 was the most expensive price I saw. Some even exceeded $10000. Then again, thinking of the process itself, I suppose its understandable... I guess.

Also, you aren't the sort of person who swerves in and out of traffic on roads are you? If you are, I'm going to have to order some beef. :v (A joke of course.)

@Trace: That drawing is pretty neat. I'm kinda looking forward to mine. But if someone else has asked to be bumped up, its cool. I don't mind waiting a little longer.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

That's why they used knitted wool painted metallic grey to mimic chain mail in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.