Gallant Galahad's Galvanizing Gallery

For all types of visual art. Digital, traditional or photography. We want to see it.
Galahad
Region: Gauteng

Re: Gallant Galahad's Galvanizing Gallery

Post by Galahad »

Cape_F0X wrote:No fair! Galahad found a girl. And she allowed him to capture her beauty.
You say that as if we were dating. :lol: We are merely friends (and online ones, at that), though we have confided in each other and get along well. Time will tell. ;) For now, I am just happy to do an art trade with her.
Leeward wrote:I'm pretty sure there are more vixens than utahraptorettes. :P
Tell me about it. x__x Cape, they are there - you just need to make the first move, sometimes. Maybe offer to do an art trade with them. :P Then again, I suppose the furry fandom is not particularly famous for its members' charisma and social prowess. XD
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Galahad wrote:Then again, I suppose the furry fandom is not particularly famous for its members' charisma and social prowess. XD
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vulpes chama
Region: Western Cape

Post by Cape_F0X »

I'm pretty sure the problem isn't lack of candidates or confidence, it's cash flow. :P
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Here is a rough sketch of a character concept for an upcoming project. He is a male anthro pangolin! :D Although it is not full-body, this was my first serious attempt at male anatomy, and the practice was quite valuable.
Maki Concept Art.png
Click the image for full view.
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Post by Faanvolla »

Did he chisel his own abs? :P
Looks great!
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Thank you, Faan! :D

Here is the finished product of the art trade I showed earlier (of the female anthro raptor):
Books Art Trade.png
Click on the image for a full-sized view.

The character is not mine.
Sudan Red
Species: Lion

Post by Sudan Red »

That is amazing! Really love the very subtle shading and the colours. The raptor-appropriate glasses are a great touch. :lol:
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Thank you very much for the kind words, Sudan. Coming from an artist such as you, it is quite a complimente :D Haha, yes, the eyeglasses weren't my idea - they were that of the owner of the character. :P Quite fitting, isn't it?

Traden pointed out something I had not considered: how raptors seemingly have eyes on either side of their head. Therefore, when looking at someone or something, would the raptor turn one side of their head and look at the object with one eye, rather than look straight ahead at it with both eyes?

The thought intrigued me, and so I decided to read up on it. :) It turns out that dromaeosauridae, which includes raptors, had excellent binocular vision (which means the line of sight from each overlapped) of up to 60 degrees. Hence, they could look at objects the same way as humans, dogs, and cats do.

That means Galahad can still give you a full death stare. :P
Sudan Red

Post by Sudan Red »

Whoa that is actually quite interesting! Stands to reason as modern birds of prey also have good binocular vision (although I do love the head-cocked, one-eyed beady stare!).
Traden
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Leopard
Region: Other

Post by Traden »

Galahad wrote:It turns out that dromaeosauridae, which includes raptors, had excellent binocular vision (which means the line of sight from each overlapped) of up to 60 degrees. Hence, they could look at objects the same way as humans, dogs, and cats do.
Whelp, I was wrong xD
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf

Post by Valerion »

Convergent evolution. Binocular stereoscopic vision assist predators, because they can focus on the prey, and make judgement decisions like distance, etc. Eyes on the sides of the head assists prey species, as it gives a wide field of vision to watch out for said predators, and they are generally more stationary or slow-moving, so less of a need for forward-facing eyes.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

Faanvolla wrote:Did he chisel his own abs? :P
Looks great!
Haha, good one! :lol:

Hey Galahad, spectacular artwork! Having seen what you produced, I will graciously forgive you for turning down my game invitation the other day. :P

Really nice work though!
Hahaha! :lol:
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Valerion wrote:Convergent evolution. Binocular stereoscopic vision assist predators, because they can focus on the prey, and make judgement decisions like distance, etc. Eyes on the sides of the head assists prey species, as it gives a wide field of vision to watch out for said predators, and they are generally more stationary or slow-moving, so less of a need for forward-facing eyes.
Fascinating, isn't it? Equipped both with binocular stereoscopic vision and a broader field of view than humans are (although we have better stereoscopic vision). If it weren't for our intelligence and opposable thumbs, humans would be downright pathetic. XD Even if a good deal of our species lacks a healthy portion of the former.
Ryall wrote:Having seen what you produced, I will graciously forgive you for turning down my game invitation the other day. :P
I am glad I have earned Thine Forgiveness For mine sins and transgressions, Father Ryall. Hallowed be thine mange. :P

On a serious note, thanks, Ryall. :D I appreciate it.
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter

Post by Trace »

Seriously though, you have made some very impressive art.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Here is another art trade I very recently began working on. :D It is far from complete, and I am not even done with the lineart, but here is what I have thus far:
Neon Preview.png
Click the image for a full view.

The character is not mine.
Sudan Red

Post by Sudan Red »

Well that is an interesting character! Wolfskullthing? Although neck looks more dinosaur-y. Really great detail on the dentition especially!
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

Galahad, that linework is awesome! It's so finely detailed and clean around the skull. Great job! Very interested to see the finished product. :D
Hahaha! :lol:
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Sudan Red wrote:Well that is an interesting character! Wolfskullthing? Although neck looks more dinosaur-y. Really great detail on the dentition especially!
Thank you, Sudan! I am not sure what creature it is, but I am currently categorizing it under "Biologically impossible things that are still freakin' fun to draw". :P He appears to be an anthro canine with a skull for a head. As for how the physiology and anatomy works out... Magic! :D
Ryall wrote:Galahad, that linework is awesome! It's so finely detailed and clean around the skull. Great job! Very interested to see the finished product. :D
Thank you, Ryall. ^^ I do get a little carried away with the detail at times, which is as much a curse as it is a blessing. I appreciate your interest.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Galahad wrote:I am not sure what creature it is, but I am currently categorizing it under "Biologically impossible things that are still freakin' fun to draw".
There's an SCP like that (don't ask me how I know that). http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1471

Nice art, btw. :3
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
SilverFox12578
Species: Grey Fox

Post by SilverFox12578 »

Oh its creepy but cool. XD
Amazing work as always Galahad. :D
-Be Crazy
-Be Weird
-Be Awesome
-Be Yourself :)

Telegram: @Silverfox12578. YouTube: SilverFox. Deviantart: Silverfox12578.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Contrast wrote:There's an SCP like that (don't ask me how I know that). http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1471
I don't understand what this is... the object of the page or the entire website. Is that a fandom or satire or something else that should be obvious?
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Contrast wrote:There's an SCP like that (don't ask me how I know that). http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1471

Nice art, btw. :3
Really? I was not even aware! And you're quite correct - the object in the image looks just like him! I think I know where my art trade partner got her inspiration from, then. :P
Thanks, Contrast.
SilverFox12578 wrote:Oh its creepy but cool. XD
Amazing work as always Galahad. :D
XD My style tends to be realistic. So I often turn creepily cute things, terrifying. :P
Thank you, Silver!
Leeward wrote:I don't understand what this is... the object of the page or the entire website. Is that a fandom or satire or something else that should be obvious?
It's the website of a fictional organization - created by fans on the internet - called SCP, or 'Secure, Contain, Protect'. The organization captures unusual, alien or extradimensional entities and studies them. These entities are then indexed and labelled SCP-XXXX where the Xs are replaced by digits. So, basically, it's sort of like FanFiction.net-meets-Wikipedia for cryptozoologist nerds. :P
Sudan Red

Post by Sudan Red »

But.. Skulldogs/skullcats are reasonably common in the fandom? My halloween costume last year was a skullkitty. Sorry.... are folks being facecious & I'm not picking up the vibe? ^___^;;;
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

I'm just being ignorant. XD I honestly did not know skulldogs/skullcats were that common. When you said "wolfskullthing", I thought that was just like saying "thingamajig" or "thingamabob". :P Are we even talking English any more? XD

Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

that's really cool! I love the detailing!
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter

Post by Trace »

You did an awesome job with it.
Maybe you should do traditional stuff more often. :3
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Would the staff be so kind as to please delete my previous post, with the dragon drawing above? Thank you.

As for new art, have some! This is an art trade I did with an artist from DeviantArt of her skulldog character. You may have seen the WiP poster earlier in this thread.
dcxo897-31a000b0-c633-4778-ba54-e7d165c2d0cc.png
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Galahad wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:36 pmWould the staff be so kind as to please delete my previous post, with the dragon drawing above? Thank you.
I have removed it but please use the "report post" button for such requests in the future. That way requests/reports are nicely logged and its easier to keep track of what people want and whether someone has dealt with it already.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Ah, gotcha. Thanks, Rak Attack. ;)
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I really like the lighting method using unblended shades of the same hue, it gives a bit of a pixel art feel to it.