EW!

For all types of visual art. Digital, traditional or photography. We want to see it.
Nasheera

EW!

Post by Nasheera »

Going to throw some (mostly) 2015 art here for you to cringe at! Courtesy of boredom and boredom. Enjoy! :D
Attachments
Midnight Cicero fadoodles
Midnight Cicero fadoodles
PicsArt_10-27-07.07.42.jpg
Gravity Falls anyone?
Gravity Falls anyone?
Some furs!
Some furs!
Wolfeh
Wolfeh
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Re: EW!

Post by Raven Song »

Stunning!!!!
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vulpes chama
Region: Western Cape

Post by Cape_F0X »

I love the legs of the cat with the camera.
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Gauteng

Post by Adagio »

The only "Ew" I can think of is why we're only seeing this now!
These are really good!
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

Artist and a fursuit builder!
Really good work!
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

Superjail anyone?
Attachments
PicsArt_07-01-07.07.20.jpg
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

A business mew!
Attachments
PicsArt_04-23-11.06.04.jpg
Sudan Red
Species: Lion

Post by Sudan Red »

Mad skillz, yo! Really nice work! AND I LOVE GRAVITY FALLS!
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay

Post by Sev »

It's become a bit of a trope on this forum that many artists dismiss their work as bad.
This is anything but, some truly awesome work. ^_^
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

It's highly annoying when people do it as it's a form of attention seeking. Essentially wanting people to go "Aw not as bad as you make it out to be." And to pity you.

Inentional or not. That's what it is.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Or it could simply people that have no confidence in their own ability.

RavenSong constantly says that she doesn't think that she's any good, and we all know that that's not the case.
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

I seek out no form of pity in any way, thank you very much.
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

Sev wrote:Or it could simply people that have no confidence in their own ability.

RavenSong constantly says that she doesn't think that she's any good, and we all know that that's not the case.
Chloe wrote:I seek out no form of pity in any way, thank you very much.
Fluke wrote:Intentional or not. That's what it is.
"EW! zomg you're going to cringe at how bad my art is" compared to "I'm not that confident in my abilities as an artist and I don't think my art is amazing, but I am still learning and this is what I am capable and proud of".

Humility isn't clear cut, and the former doesn't sound humble.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Fluke: Unlike attempts at garnering pity (whether they exist in this thread or not), your going off-topic is actually against (implied) site protocol, in addition to being "annoying". You are the only one here ranting about Chloe alleged pity-seeking and are derailing the thread to justify yourself and the standards you set for others - is that the "humility" of which you talk?

Back on-topic, as it ought to be:

Chloe, your artwork looks magnificent. :) At your age, I cannot say I was that good. You also seem to have developed your own style, which looks fantastic. I look forward to seeing more.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Your age?

*checks profile*

Holy hell; keep this up, and you'll be amazing in a few years.
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

The cringe part and such was not meant to be taken on a serious note. If I wasn't confident in my work I would have said so, and seek advice on how to better myself.
Another point, considering me as an individual, if I wasn't proud of my work I wouldn't be posting it here in the first place for everyone to see. But thank you for all the feedback from everyone...It means a lot.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

StargazingSerpent wrote:Fluke: Unlike attempts at garnering pity (whether they exist in this thread or not), your going off-topic is actually against (implied) site protocol, in addition to being "annoying". You are the only one here ranting about Chloe alleged pity-seeking and are derailing the thread to justify yourself and the standards you set for others - is that the "humility" of which you talk?

Back on-topic, as it ought to be:
Four lines is hardly a rant, and it wasn't off-topic: Fluke was posting about what was said in the original thread. Not that that stopped you from continuing that line of conversation. A little 'back on topic' line doesn't change that.

Fluke is free to say insincere modesty annoys him, you're free to say Fluke annoys you, and every other fur is free to chip in.

I for one agree with Fluke. People use false humility all too often when they present something, and its a really distasteful trick to illicit sympathy or garner attention. We aren't - or at least shouldn't be - such a jealous, pretentious community that we can't openly be proud of our work, and get recognized and supported for it, without being conceived as arrogant for showing it off in the first place. Let's skip the pretenses and be honest with each other. If something is good, then praise it and don't be jealous or resentful; if something is bad, then criticize it and don't lie that it's good. If you want people's honest opinion on something, then ask, and if you want people to tell you your work is good, then ask who thinks your work is good.

Chloe at least turned around and said, "actually I was joking, and I am proud of my work - why else would I show it?" It's not a very good joke, because so many people actually try feign humidity that way, that it's difficult to find humor in it and not take it seriously, but the rest of what Chloe said was spot on: nobody who is actually ashamed of something would showcase it.

So let's all stop being hypocrites, alright?

@ Chloe, I really like your 'Wolfeh' and Super Jail sketches! The line work is great! Also, I'm a big fan of Super Jail! That show is hilarious! I haven't seen season 4 yet. :D
Hahaha! :lol:
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Ryall wrote:I for one agree with Fluke. People use false humility all too often when they present something, and its a really distasteful trick to illicit sympathy or garner attention. We aren't - or at least shouldn't be - such a jealous, pretentious community that we can't openly be proud of our work, and get recognized and supported for it, without being conceived as arrogant for showing it off in the first place. Let's skip the pretenses and be honest with each other. If something is good, then praise it and don't be jealous or resentful; if something is bad, then criticize it and don't lie that it's good. If you want people's honest opinion on something, then ask, and if you want people to tell you your work is good, then ask who thinks your work is good.
That's pretty much my exact thinking.

Modesty, false is otherwise, is unnecessary. Be proud of what you do, but not excessively proud.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Regardless of the motives of the original poster, perhaps we can allow her to continue using this thread for its initial purpose: art?
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Azure, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but this should probably be left to the discretion of the admins.
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

Alright, I don't think I'm going to be creating any more topics any time soon, or arting for that matter, heh. This didn't go very well at all.

I apologise if I offended anyone, and will be more careful about what I say for future reference.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Chloe is a new member and she's also fairly young, we have all fallen in to similar traps at her age I'm sure. This may not be the best defense in respect to character but I think we could be a bit more mindful of that in respect to the people who join.

Chloe, please do continue posting your work and I think moving past this and using it as a learning experience would be helpful for future posting.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

Ivic_Wulfe wrote:Chloe is a new member and she's also fairly young, we have all fallen in to similar traps at her age I'm sure. This may not be the best defense in respect to character but I think we could be a bit more mindful of that in respect to the people who join.

Chloe, please do continue posting your work and I think moving past this and using it as a learning experience would be helpful for future posting.
Indeed Chloe, we like your art, and the discussion about modesty was no big deal, so keep posting.
Hahaha! :lol:
Sudan Red
Species: Lion

Post by Sudan Red »

Hey Chloe! Wanna do a sketch trade? <3
Splicer-Fox
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing