Sil'thaera's Art Thread >n.//.n<

For all types of visual art. Digital, traditional or photography. We want to see it.
Sil'thaera
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Naganess
Region: Western Cape

Sil'thaera's Art Thread >n.//.n<

Post by Sil'thaera »

Wowza. Been a while since I was on this site! Anyhoo, thought I'd return with a 'DON'! (Yeah, I been watching waaaay too much 'One Piece' lately XD).

So, I'll be posting some of my pics here whenever I get a chance. This will be the SAFE thread, obviously; I'll make another one NSFW in the appropriate forum for those of ya who want to see something bit more nawty ;p

That said, here's my first pic! (Hope the attachment works! Btw, how many attachments can I post per thread? Is there a limit?
This is the first pic I drew of my dragonself, Sil'thaera. I think she's a rather unique 'ness, I've only ever seen three other similar dragons (and I've seen HUNDREDS of dragon pics!), and none of those were quite like her.
This is the first pic I drew of my dragonself, Sil'thaera. I think she's a rather unique 'ness, I've only ever seen three other similar dragons (and I've seen HUNDREDS of dragon pics!), and none of those were quite like her.
In case you're wondering about her looks, she's a hybrid. Her mother was a Lake Serpent (think classic sea-snake dragon, with no limbs/wings whatsoever) and her father was a Cragg drake (think classic Western dragon); so Sil inherited her serpentine length, bodyshape and crest/frill (which are actually external gills, so she can breathe underwater) from her mother, and her forelimbs and wings from her father (though the webbed fingers are another trait from mom). I call her a (winged) 'naganess' - that's naga (Greek for 'serpent') plus dragoness. She's at home on both land and in water, and is a fairly good flyer as well, being a bit more acrobatic and flexible than 'regular' dragons. She's about 22m in length from snout to tail, and her coils are incredibly strong and flexible; she prefers eating fish and crustaceans, but she doesn't mind a treat or two of land beasties, and has a bit of a sweet tooth for berries! She's also a very curious and playful 'ness...
"May your Dragonfire burn your foes, warm your loved ones, and light up the darkness." - Sil'thaera

http://keeperofdragons.deviantart.com/ <--- My DevArt page, please visit >^.//.^<

https://www.furaffinity.net/user/sil-thaera/ <--- My FurAffinity page, please visit >^.//.^< (Warning: may contain NSFW)
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Re: Sil'thaera's Art Thread >n.//.n<

Post by Leeward »

Looks cool! :) I think the straight horns, punky crest and earrings go very well together.
Sil'thaera wrote:Btw, how many attachments can I post per thread? Is there a limit?
5 attachments per post, up to 2MB each.
SnowDragon
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon

Post by SnowDragon »

Awesome!
Daylight dancer, Moonlit wonder;
Manifest upon the very gates of eden..
Kenjomik
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Cheetah
Region: Other

Post by Kenjomik »

Just a quick note: nāga is a Sanskrit word (meaning cobra and also referring to a snake diety). The ancient Greek word for snake on the other hand is ὄφις (óphis), and the modern Greek equivalent is φίδι (phídi) :)
Sil'thaera

Post by Sil'thaera »

Leeward wrote:5 attachments per post, up to 2MB each.
Thanks for letting me know ;) Appreciated!
Kenjomik wrote:Just a quick note: nāga is a Sanskrit word (meaning cobra and also referring to a snake diety). The ancient Greek word for snake on the other hand is ὄφις (óphis), and the modern Greek equivalent is φίδι (phídi)
Awesome! I learned something new, yaaay! Which is always a good thing ;p Thanks for telling me, I'll keep that in mind >n.//.n<

Will be posting other pics when I can ;)
"May your Dragonfire burn your foes, warm your loved ones, and light up the darkness." - Sil'thaera

http://keeperofdragons.deviantart.com/ <--- My DevArt page, please visit >^.//.^<

https://www.furaffinity.net/user/sil-thaera/ <--- My FurAffinity page, please visit >^.//.^< (Warning: may contain NSFW)
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Hey, Sil! Long time no see. Welcome back. :D
I remember seeing that pic of yours on FA. Still loving the spiky head fin. Kinda like a mohawk. :P
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
rusted hydra
Cannibal
Region: Gauteng

Post by rusted hydra »

Hmmm...
Have to check out that nsfw thread.
But I am at work.
But I am only one in office!
But big glass windows with pedestrians walking by....
Sil'thaera

Post by Sil'thaera »

Hehehe, thanks for the comments so far, lol. Mohawk, indeed!

On to pic number 2:
Think I drew this because I wanted a cool profile avatar on my various accounts, hehe. That, and sorta wanted to highlight Sil's unusual eyes - black sclera (the 'whites' of the eye) and her bicoloured pupils. I've changed the pupil colour in my later pics, more green-blue than purple, and taken away that prominent 'Lugia' lip (though I do occasionally put in a 'tooth' when I feel like it).
Think I drew this because I wanted a cool profile avatar on my various accounts, hehe. That, and sorta wanted to highlight Sil's unusual eyes - black sclera (the 'whites' of the eye) and her bicoloured pupils. I've changed the pupil colour in my later pics, more green-blue than purple, and taken away that prominent 'Lugia' lip (though I do occasionally put in a 'tooth' when I feel like it).
Sorry for small image size, I seem to have misplaced my original file somewhere - whoops! Silly Sil.

As you can see, I was still into the 'anime' (or 'cel') style of shading - definite shadows, 'hard' lines, no softness -, still trying to work out my style; I stayed with that style for quite a few pics, until I found some other method I preferred, though I'm still experimenting with things!

Hah! Found pic number 3! Wondered where this one was hiding, lol. I was in a bad mood when I scribbled this one out.
This is what happens you make Sil angry! And me, too. Very different line style to my usual drawings. Ah, angry drawing - so therapeutic!
This is what happens you make Sil angry! And me, too. Very different line style to my usual drawings. Ah, angry drawing - so therapeutic!

rusted hydra
Cannibal
Region: Gauteng

Post by rusted hydra »

I'm observing that colouring method. that "... 'anime' (or 'cel') style of shading - definite shadows, 'hard' lines, no softness..."
Very simple, still looks good.