timmibois art stuff...

For all types of visual art. Digital, traditional or photography. We want to see it.
timmiboi
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: African Wild Dog
Region: Gauteng

timmibois art stuff...

Post by timmiboi »

don't expect alot of updates here... :P i generally keep my art limited to my DA and FA profiles, unless thres something i HAVE to share... hence why i actually created this thread...

My fusona, finally on paper... one or two people who've seen my FA page will have seen this already :P
Dracius
Ilache Darastri
Species: Dragon
Region: Western Cape

Re: timmibois art stuff...

Post by Dracius »

Yep, I've seen that pic already ^..^ I really like it too and the paw-collar thing.

If ya dont mind me recommending something.. some shadows throughout the image would really improve the colouring. It might help show off some more definition on your character, like muzzle lines. I could be talking utter crap, but lately I've been trying to pickout certain qualities out of art and i've noticed what a huge difference some decent place shadows can show.

Though, easier said than done...
Part founder of the Ilache Darastri Clan.

anoyomouse
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Brown House mouse

Post by anoyomouse »

I quite like a simple art style

My first mouse comission from marymouse was pplain and simple

i've got a finnish doggy pet that draws things really simple, but he's got the most adorable pics, so keep it up :)
~~~(___^> *squeak*
timmiboi
Species: African Wild Dog

Post by timmiboi »

nah, i get what you mean Drac, but i like to keep my characters fairly clean lineart-wise, i find it gets too cluttered, and harder to colour digitally using my normal method.

That and my muzzles' style is different to many canid artist's.

Where most have the muzzle fairly narrow and joining the face below the eyes on either side, my characters muzzles join the sides of thier heads, right at thier ears. so adding muzzle lines for definition may be a bit awkward.

i actually rely on plain dodge shadowing i photoshop to create depth. plus, simpler is better for my comic!

so thanks Drac and anoyomouse!
Red
Down Under Fozzy
Species: Fox
Region: Freestate

Post by Red »

I really like the pose that you have there, the anatomy is looking good, but I feel that the muzzle part of the face and the eyes might need a bit of more work on it. At the moment it is looking a bit too flat and need a bit more depth and contours on it. However, the rest of the body is nicely done and I would say that you did a great job there!

Cheers, Red. :)
This signature is blank.