Who is your favourite furry artist?

For all types of visual art. Digital, traditional or photography. We want to see it.
Gothic Collie
Species: Collie or African Wild Dog...
Region: Gauteng

Who is your favourite furry artist?

Post by Gothic Collie »

Simple question ,Who is your favourite furry artist and why?

I've personally always admired ,Ookami-Kemono works,somehow they just move me especially his older works,they have this ruff and dark comic-like feel to them and always portrays emotion extremely well,he has a unique head style as well,each one of his works has a story to tell, if you sit down and look at his backgrounds you can see his attention to detail and the fact that he always fully describes his works add even more depth to them :)

My Favourite Piece is: Invitation ( http://us-p.vclart.net/vcl/Artists/Ooka ... tation.jpg ) Note: Pic is PG-13

I like the darker gothic looking artwork,I also like Arphalia strangely enough...

So who's your favourite and why?

PS can be more than one :)
Dracius
Ilache Darastri
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon
Region: Western Cape

Re: Who is your favorite furry artist?

Post by Dracius »

Mmm... This is a tough one, though I just recently found my next favourite artist. Obviously its draconic related.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/blackmane/

Specifically talking about http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1259353/ which has some SERIOUSLY intense details. I'm in the process of trying to organise a commission with him. ^..^

I had a number of favorite artists, though the above takes the tail.
Part founder of the Ilache Darastri Clan.

Wolfers
Snugglebeast
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Wolf/Bear

Re: Who is your favourite furry artist?

Post by Wolfers »

Auric! His works are my absolute fav...

Sometimes just simple pencil drawings, but the expressions and muzzles are perfect. The posture of his characters, the emotions conveyed by them, are fantastic.

Oh, and the way he draws bits and pieces are utterly droolworthy too. Hehe.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/auric <- contains mature art!
~Wolfers~

Professional Animal Impersonator
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Don't post adult links in the non-adult section. I'll leave it though because FA does keep itself safe unless you change the settings on your profile.

My fav artist is Paddy. He does some yiffy and some non-yiffy artwork.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Yukon
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Husky/wolf

Post by Yukon »

Huskie: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/huskie666
she drew my con badge a while back...pity tho most of her stuff is on fanarchive.net, which seems to be down..
There are 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don't.
anoyomouse
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Brown House mouse

Post by anoyomouse »

I have a couple of favorites:
Faint -> http://www.furaffinity.net/user/faint
-- > See also my comission from him, if you're under 18 this link won't work, you have been warned!
!!!!!NSFW!!!!!
And the Group pic from my favorite IRC Channel

ok, next up is Mary Mouse, simple art style, and not a single yiffy pic ;)
--> And Me (SFW)

Next one is Lone_wolf_666, for her awesome arts
--> Me and my wolfie

There's also Shiuk
For his terribly adorable mice ^.^
(comission pending)

CAn't forget about Deimion J Shadow Wolf and of course if you're into cute or bizarre he takes the cake
--> Baby Mousie
--> Cock Waffles! (NSFW)

And if you're looking to see who wins the internets, DEFINATELY Cerberus
--> Ekkosangen

I think i might have to move most of this post to the yiffy section *blush*

at least FA has a filter for all of those who can't see anything "bad"
~~~(___^> *squeak*
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

You're meant to be setting an example
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Gothic Collie

Post by Gothic Collie »

I dont want to be the odd one out here but Rakuen Growlithe, like you said before the FA image board does block users who are under 18 from seeing Yiffy art and the art is labelled as being adult in nature by the posters .the art that are viewable by non-18 year olds is in accordance to the rules "Keita Haruka" posted as they are rated PG-13 in accordance to the SA FPB description of PG-13 for Publications ( http://www.fpb.gov.za/class_guide/class_guide.asp#4.1 )

Why this is posted in the non Yiffy section is simply because its admiring an artist not for his selective works but for his artistic skill itself (basically not just his Yiffy stuff but everything he does and his skills in creating his art) ,as you know most artists do, do both Clean and Yiffy art,by merely naming the artist and/or giving a link to the artists profile or works, it gives readers the opportunity to see his works for themselves and in the event that the reader is under 18 they still get a chance to view his artwork but censored,now if this discussion was in the yiffy section it would mean that only persons over the age of 18 could post about there favourite artists and would leave out any one under the age of 18 by doing it this way it allows for both,as art that is of a an adult nature will be censored but will allow users to still view the rest of that persons artwork :)

So what I'm getting to is no-one really posted anything wrong,this includes "Rakuen Growlithe" as it was market as being adult and is filtered,so there's no need for sarcastic remarks...

Just my opinion, but at the end of they day your the admin ;),so if you do take offence feel free to delete.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I'm a mod not an admin but pretty close. I didn't delete anything and said why but the rule is no posting adult content. If the link sends you straight to adult content it's the same as having posted adult content on the board. You can mention artists that do yiffy art work but not link directly to yiffy content (though that's more admin decision I guess)
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Gothic Collie

Post by Gothic Collie »

LoL Rakuen Growlithe, I never said your a bad admin,just that you said before it was okay then made a sarcastic comment to another admin for doing something that you said youll allow,I just wanted to know where you stand so I dont need to second guess my posts,in order to work out if its okay for you or not...
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

If you post content that's not pg-13 it'll be removed. I'm allowing FA (and it would appear anoyo is too) because it has it's own filter in place. If you post a link that takes you straight to a yiffy site or pic without any filters then I'll also remove it. So as a guide everything in your post should be fine for a thirteen year old,even if they click the link. If the link has more links that's not my problem.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Keita Haruka
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Black wolf

Post by Keita Haruka »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:If you post content that's not pg-13 it'll be removed. I'm allowing FA (and it would appear anoyo is too) because it has it's own filter in place. If you post a link that takes you straight to a yiffy site or pic without any filters then I'll also remove it. So as a guide everything in your post should be fine for a thirteen year old,even if they click the link. If the link has more links that's not my problem.
Okay, so this was bound to happen. It's a grey area that's extremely difficult to enforce because artist pages can contain both clean and yiffy art. I agree with Raki on ths one. As long as the link you post doesn't lead DIRECTLY to a yiffy pic, it's okay. Whatever other links the page you link to contains is none of our concern. I've edited the Guidelines and Announcement accordingly. :P