Galahad's Roleplay - Discussion & Commentary

Come in, relax, play with your friends! You can find something for everybody here. You can even find threads with no particular point at all, other than a good time! You can even start up some role playing.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Re: Galahad's Roleplay - Discussion & Commentary

Post by Leeward »

I think Trace's idea is good. Hold conversations between characters on some IM platform, and afterwards the GM can post all of it.

I can think of one potential issue with that though: you might have two separate groups progressing at different speeds in time, putting them out of sync. That isn't necessarily a problem, but it'll be additional work for the GM to figure out how the groups sync up again.
Galahad
Region: Gauteng

Post by Galahad »

Very well. We can give Trace's idea an attempt.
I shall create a group on Telegram. I know three of us have it for certain. Trace and Vox, could you please send me your Telegram details via PM?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Removed posts by CyntheWightRabbit and Galahad as discussed with them.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter

Post by Trace »

So I decided to come up with a reason for Triss crash-landing on this planet. I know that an ion storm could be construed as a lame sci-fi plot device, but it has at least some grounding in reality... Let's call it artistic license.
And yes, I'm probably overthinking this way too much.
But with that, we have our first character interaction. Let's see what happens next!
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

After a discussion with Galahad, I understand that my last post was out of line in my writing the actions of his character. Even if it was minor, it's something that I know should be avoided, and so I will apologize for it. After all, if one player dictates the actions of anyone else, then it's not really roleplaying...
I will leave it to Galahad to dictate further any rules on the subject that he would like to lay down, but I personally will do my best to avoid this happening again in the future.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Folks I'm sorry but what with meatspace stuff getting in the way and whatnot, I'm going to have to pull out of this one. (PHRASING!)

I imagine this won't be too much of a problem since my character hadn't interacted with any of the others yet, but I apologise regardless for any potential complications.
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

Please note: my last response to the main thread contained input from both Galahad and myself, via collaboration over Telegram chat.
I imagine this will likely happen in the future as well for other posts.
Traden
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Leopard

Post by Traden »

After talking to Galahad, I have my character for the RP figured out:

Name: Zeki Tiryaki
Species: Falcon
Sex: Male
Class: Programmer

Physical Appearance: Sky blue with white tips on the ends of his wings. A little shorter than average. In good shape and somewhat muscular. Wears crisp, high-quality jeans and a dark green windbreaker.

Personality: An extroverted, well-spoken but excitable character who is technically savvy, highly skilled with computers, and has very strong feelings about what is right and wrong. He's willing to sacrifice everything on the spot for a cause he believes strongly in. However, the causes he decides to fall on his sword over are not necessarily worth the sacrifices or even good - he has a tendency to focus on moral issues that are important to him as a programmer but are not necessarily important to other people, and this can cause more problems for everyone than it solves.

History (Optional): Similarly to Edward Snowden, he is in trouble with his home planet because he did something to try to cripple what he sees as an overreaching survellience state. As a result, he needs to get off the planet ASAP. It's never really clear whether what he did on his home planet really was fighting an Orwellien state or getting overly worked up about arcane technical principals and damaging the safety of his world as a result...

---------------

I'm not planning on posting in the RP for a while. I know that me joining means that we have to figure out new logistics again, so I'm happy to wait out until you're all comfortable that I can join without disrupting the flow of the RP.