Advanced Roleplay

Come in, relax, play with your friends! You can find something for everybody here. You can even find threads with no particular point at all, other than a good time! You can even start up some role playing.
Vox
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Red deer
Region: Western Cape

Re: Advanced Roleplay

Post by Vox »

running closer to the source of the flare, or at least where Vox believed the source to be, he saw two figures beneath its illumination. Vox widened his eyes with excitement as he ran faster to the two, his head spinning with possibilities of these two, what where they like? how did they get here? Do they know a way off? Stopping just short of the clearing he saw the two people were conversing and Vox was afraid of interrupting them, somewhat paranoid as he began to realise that these two might have a different culture or even a different language. Afraid of committing any kind faux pa Vox stayed in the side lines letting the two converse uninterrupted. Hearing some words in his own language he felt comforted, despite now hearing the full conversation it was one worry gone to rest.
Galahad
Region: Gauteng

Post by Galahad »

Something stirred nearby. Galahad looked up, startled. He had been lost in his own thoughts; his mind carried away by the daydreaming he was so prone to doing. The large raptor froze in his tracks, his hands tightening around the handgun’s grip until his knuckles turned white.

There, amid the shadows, something moved. Galahad drew his weapon and aimed it at the darkness ahead, his green eyes narrowing behind his spectacles. His muscles were taut, his nerves sparking. There was most certainly something coming towards him. Something not like him. Something strange.

The mysterious stranger then emerged. It was –

A small female humanoid?

Galahad blinked in surprise. Relief and confusion flooded his mind. He had hoped to find intelligent life, but merely seeing it in itself was overwhelming, and he wondered if the solitude had caused him to hallucinate. Just who was this? The female opened her mouth and began to speak, but Galahad did not hear: he was too occupied with examining her – what she was, who she may be. What in the world was such a short, young female doing her by herself, on a planet inhospitable and alien to most sentient life forms?

When Galahad’s thoughts and senses finally snapped back to attention, he saw her staring at him expectantly. Galahad gave another wordless blink, trying to think of something to say. He had not heard what she had asked, if she had asked anything at all.

He also noticed he had been aiming his pistol at her this whole time, and slowly lowered it, though his gaze upon the newcomer remained guarded.

“My name is Galahad,” he spoke, his tone low and suspicious, but a whisper of relief accompanied the skepticism. “I crashlanded here. Who might you be?”

The raptor thought he heard something behind him, but dismissed the thought.
TheOldWolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Wolf

Post by TheOldWolf »

His ears pricked, this was a good sign – voices, within stalking distance.
His feet padded softly, silently – his ancestry showing strong in their silent walking.

A master of stealth, a pure-bred hunter – titles completely lost on Tips – his footing gets caught in a knot of plant matter causing Theodore to enter a forward tumble.

A moment of disorientation before pain sets in, followed by a scrabble to realign himself to an upright positions.

Whatever he fell on, was incapable of holding his weight and it gave away letting him fall on to the hard ground.

Theodore rolled his head around to get some visual idea of just what he fell into.

Apparently a little tete-a-tete between two... Things.

“Well hi!” He said with a weak grin, “That hurt!” An attempt to move made his head swim, his tongue lolled out and his eyes fell onto the less threatening of the beasts. “Is that... Noms?” His mind echoes as he fell into unconsciousness.
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter
Region: Other

Post by Trace »

Something was coming from behind him. Galahad glanced over his shoulder, keeping his weapon lowered but still towards the female.
Triss had just opened her mouth to respond to the saurian when a three-tailed wolf rolled into the clearing between them.
Yet another newcomer had arrived! Bounding into the opening, he tumbled and was unconscious before the raptor could process what had just happened.
Triss paused for a moment after he seemed to slip into unconciousness, then turned to the 'raptor once again.
"Friend of yours?" She asked.

Galahad turned to the female. "If that was your and your friend's attempt at an ambush on me, you might need a more awake friend." He slowly began to raise his weapon again. "You still haven't told me your name..."

Triss raised her hands again. "Look, I thought we had just made some progress. Put the stupid gun away before you hurt someone. I have no idea who this idiot in front of us is, but that looked like it hurt. Do you mind if I check on him?"
She sighed. "I know this is suspicious as hell, but I'm pretty sure that neither of us have it out for each other. I just want to find a way off this rock and back to civilization."

Galahad let his gaze settle upon the female for a few seconds. She could be lying... but her body language seemed awfully genuine for someone on the receiving end of a firearm. The raptor thus slowly lowered the weapon. Besides, by herself, she posed little threat.
"Alright," the raptor relented. "I'll believe you. Go on and check him, but I've got my eye on both of you."
Triss raised an eyebrow. "Wow, you've finally acknowledged my ability to speak. Thank you." She dropped her hands back down to her sides and walked over to the form of the wolf in front of her, wary of the 'raptor's gaze.
She stooped down and patted the prone form. "Hey buddy, are you okay?"

This most certainly was among the feistiest of females Galahad had encountered. And given the competition, that was no ordinary feat. The raptor watched, quiet and with one hand on his hip, as the female inspected the limp form of the wolf. The raptor was still utterly confounded by the latter's entry, and trying to make sense of the whole situation was fairly difficult. He understood they were responding to the flare, but so many of them, and with such peculiar... habits? It was almost too unlikely to be real!

Triss verified that the wolf was definitely unconscious, and hadn't broken his neck in his tumble, then looked back at the raptor.
"Sorry, I have trouble with introductions when there's a gun in my face." Galahad offered only a smirk in response. This girl certainly had spirit. She stood up. "My name is Triss, and I crash-landed about two clicks away. May I inquire as to who you are?"

"For a small female all alone in front of a carnivore with a gun, you have remarkable bravery talking like that," chuckled Galahad. "I am Galahad. Systems engineer. And it seems you and I have the same goal of getting off this rock."

Triss gazed at the raptor for a long moment.
"You may be a large predator with a gun, but that doesn't mean that you're necessarily calling the shots. You have... what, six rounds chambered? Sure that's enough to put me down, but I have a feeling that you're just as stuck as I am... And I doubt that you'd want to waste your ammo on a potential ally. Especially when there might be larger, more dangerous things out there than yourself." She took a step forward and extended a hand. "I'm a pilot. Find me a functioning ship and I will get us out of here."

Galahad tilted his head with an almost knowing smile as Triss spoke. She was quite correct, of course: it would be senseless to waste resources and strength on a battle between what could be potential allies. The only thing the raptor wished to be sure of, however, was that the present parties were in fact potential allies.

As the female possum stepped forward and offered a hand, Galahad remained silent for a few seconds, thinking. He saw no threat in her (aside from what promised to be a most fiery feminine presence), and if she were indeed a pilot she would be his only ticket out of here.

"Fine," he said with a smile. The tall Utahraptor had to bend down awkwardly towards Triss in order to shake her hand, but he did so with a strong and confident grip. Almost to remind her that he would not be taken for a fool, but also to show he was just committed as she to getting out of here.
"I'll find you a ship. And I might even make it func--"

The raptor suddenly stopped and reared up to his full height. A scent. Someone else was nearby!
He spun around to see another stranger, watching from the sidelines. He immediately raised his handgun.
"Hey! Who are you?"
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

The following post is the work of VOX, not me. I am posting on his behalf.
------------
Letting out a small squeak Vox stepped forward.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to intrude, I just saw the flare like the others and followed it here"

Putting his medical bag down by his hooves he raised his paws above his head to show he was unarmed

"From what I overheard you want to get of this place as well. I mean no harm, I'm a medic and my drop pod had glitches coordinates, landing me here." With a sigh he looks over to the unconscious body by them "now can I please help your friend, I've been concerned and wanted to help but I wasn't sure if you would shoot on sight... So may I help them?"
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

The sheer unlikely coincidence of having attracted three other sentient humanoids was still something Galahad was trying to understand. Had they all been so close, hidden in the shadows, all this time? It all seemed so surreal.

Pulling himself back to the present, Galahad listened to the hurried explanation from Vox, and tilted his head. The raptor himself knew little about medicine aside from basic first aid, and whoever this Wolf was there was the real possibility that he could help the team. Or possibly be a hindrance. But the raptor decided to take the moral high ground, in spite of his utilitarian ways.

"Fine," conceded Galahad, and gestured towards the unconscious body of the wolf. "Go ahead... Vox. But don't make any sudden moves, alright?"

Galahad glanced over his shoulder at Triss, almost as if talking to her as well. He wanted to trust them, but encountering three others simultaneously on an otherwise deserted planet seemed almost too coincidental.

But a less cynical side of him was grateful for the company.

It kept him sane in the eerie silence.
TheOldWolf

Post by TheOldWolf »

It was a pleasant place, nice and warm. Theodore was snuggly curled up, a plastic possum chew toy held loosely in his maw – it had seen better days as the wear was clear. Just to the side was a cozy fire that was slowly dying away, embers humming softly in the faint changes of the air.

If only that damned chattering would go away, can't they see he was happily asleep?

Slowly Theodore's eyes creaked open as his body on autopilot began to sit up, his head twisting around to establish his surroundings – small walking emergency food supply, check. Potential leather work item in a preferential colour – check. And a singular unknown entity,.

They seemed particularly standoff-ish. Maybe the raptor hadn't decided who to eat first?

Perhaps he could make a stealthy escape, or out run them. No, not possible – even if he had a head start, Theodore's brain would miss fire and do the wrong thing. Like fart.

Which he did.
Loudly.

“Ahem, well... HI!” He sniffed the air and gagged, the stench catching in his throat. “I'd advise you not to breathe in – it appears this atmosphere is quite toxic.”
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

(Note: The following also contains input from TheOldWolf.)

--------

Triss rolled her eyes.
"All the uninhabited planets I could end up on, and I stumble into the only one with its own circus..." She glanced at the wolf in front of her. "Are you okay?"

Theodore's mind started whirring back to life, well more to life. His paws massaged a few sore spots from the landing.
"Ah-hah yeah thanks." He mumbled, "Been through worse though!"

"Uh huh..." Triss replied. "Well. maybe the medic over there can make sure you didn't give yourself a concussion. Do you do this often?"

"Define 'this'?" Theodore stood up, giving himself a solid shake to loosen himself off, "If by 'this' you mean falling from the sky - yes, I have done it often. Usually in the company of parachute."
Theodore eyeballed the raptor who was a small ways off. "I think I'll stay here thanks." He paused, "Your consideration is pleasant however."
"Call me Theodore Almer, or Tips."

"A pleasure to meet you, I suppose. Though the circumstances are somewhat unusual... I am Triss Aleena, and from what the big one tells me, his name is Galahad." She frowned. "I only just met him too."
She looked at the strangers around her. "Seriously, I can't be the only one thinking this is unusual. From what little any of the star charts have to say about this place, it's barely a spot on the map. How did we all end up here, at roughly the same time, just a short distance away from each other?"
She sighed. "Well, unless one of you knows something I don't, I guess it's not something to worry about right now. We need to figure out our next course of action. It would seem that we're all stuck here together, so I suppose we should think about supplies, and then about transport. Does anyone have leads on either?"
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

The raptor found it difficult to keep his attention on all three of the newcomers simultaneously. However, he had resigned most of his suspicion to a more neutral yet nonetheless guarded regard of the strangers: it would make little sense for them to do any harm to him, when there would be little benefit for them in doing so. As such, his weapon was now lowered and his posture more relaxed.

As Triss and the wolf engaged in conversation, Galahad turned and kept his attention on their surroundings. Something had suddenly unnerved him. Something lingering in the air gently brushed his nostrils, aggravating his senses. Another scent. One more... sinister.

The light of the flare had faded away for the most part, leaving only a dim, reddish circular glow across a small area of the landscape. The large tree-like spires that rose out of the ground were like towering silhouettes against the dark violet sky, speckled with stars and distant nebulae. The air was growing cold now as the evening wore on. But not all was silent - and not only here where they were.

Galahad's green eyes narrowed behind his glasses. He could have sworn there was something out there, watching them from beneath the cover of the night. Something- there, between the spires.

His grip tightened on his weapon as he slowly raised it once more, oblivious to the conversation behind him.

"Triss..." he said, too softly to hear at first. "Triss." This time, his voice was louder. More alarmed.

There was indeed something creeping in the shadows. A grotesquely large silhouette, drifted from behind one spire to the next. Close and closer it came. Lumbering upon what looked to be many legs, though the darkness and Galahad's poor eyesight made it hard to discern.

"There is something there, and it is coming towards us!" Galahad cried, pointing towards the shadowy form that was approaching.

It was enormous, and its figure resembled some large, many-legged beast; bulky, stocky and presumably well-muscled. It was easily much larger than the two-metre-tall raptor.

Should they remain here, and fight if it were hostile? Should they flee? Galahad decided the latter would be the better strategy: they simply did not have the means to put up a good fight against a beast of such proportions. If they fled, they had a better chance. Or, at least, a greater chance of at least one surviving.

"Run!" Galahad shouted, and turned, breaking out into a full sprint in the opposite direction. He hoped at least one of them would follow.
TheOldWolf

Post by TheOldWolf »

Theodore's ears perked up at the urgent call of the raptor to his partner in conversation. When the raptor let out a cry he held Theodore's complete attention.
Whatever the raptor was trying to get their attention for clearly wasn’t food, and nor did it look particularly friendly – it would seem polite conversation, tea and perhaps crumpets were not on offer.

“Well then.” Theodore said to Triss, “Pretty lady I suggest you run like hell.” With that Tips gave a small salute and broke into a flat sprint after the raptor – favouring protection in numbers and the firearm the other had might prove to be a favourable asset.
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

Triss glanced at the 'raptor at the sound of her name, then followed the pointing finger to gaze at the towering monstrosity coming towards them. She froze for a second, then snapped back into reality at the sound of the wolf's suggestion.
She turned towards the deer, who seemed frozen at the edge of the treeline. "C'mon, let's get out of here!"
With that, she turned and ran after the fleeing forms in front of her, barely visible in the dim light. She could just make out the swish of the wolf's tails as he sprinted ahead of her, following her new companions as they sprinted off into the darkened forest.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Under less hostile circumstances, Galahad may have stayed purely for the purpose of observing this strange monster more closely: did it resemble life on the planet of Earth? If so, did that mean there were certain universal patterns of biological evolution that would inevitably or most likely occur on other planets, as well? Or could it lend more credibility to the panspermia hypothesis – that the spark of life appeared elsewhere, and, perhaps nestled within some meteorite, eventually found itself upon Earth’s surface? Whatever the case, such musings were not what Galahad’s mind was currently dwelling on. No, a far simpler thought was currently occupying his attention:

Run, and do not stop.

The raptor was naturally swift – due both to his enormous stature, and to the natural athleticism afforded him by his genetic heritage. Long, muscled legs propelled him powerfully forward with each stride. He turned, glancing over his shoulder. He had to slow down somewhat to a swift trot to see better, but he could barely make out the forms of Triss and Theodore lagging behind. Vox, however, was nowhere to be seen.

The raptor let out a grunt of exasperation, and stopped. The monster was still in pursuit but, thankfully, it did not seem to bear a predatory speed that would make running away a hopeless effort. Yet that did not mean that they could afford to adopt a leisurely pace.

“Come on!” Galahad called out to Triss and Theodore, gesturing wildly to ensure they could still see him. “It is still after us!”

Galahad trotted for a few more seconds, allowing the possum and wolf to close the distance somewhat, and then resumed sprinting.

What were they to do? The foliage could not be climbed – the hair-like spires had no branches or nooks for footing. There were no promising hiding places. It seemed their only option was to attempt to outrun the predator, and hope it did not have a stamina that would nullify any advantage in velocity its prey had. And if they could not outrun it, then there would be only one option remaining: fight.

After a few minutes, Galahad turned and looked behind him. He saw Theodore and Triss, but the beast had disappeared from sight. Had they left it behind? Had it stopped pursuing? Had it taken a different route, perhaps intending on fooling the trio and ambushing from a different angle?

Galahad raised his hand, gesturing for the trio to slow down. The raptor looked around nervously, adjusting his fogged glasses. “Did we lose it? Did anyone see where it went?”
TheOldWolf

Post by TheOldWolf »

Theodore kept up his pace on the trail of the raptor, slowing at his command but jostling uneasily on his feet.
Theodore had a buzz in his ears as adrenaline pumped around his body. It was a thrill to run and be involved in the chase – even if he was more used to being the hunter rather than the hunted; he was a predatory killer after all.

“We need a better line of sight, higher ground would be preferable too.” He murmured to himself, his head moving around as he carefully examined the surrounding topography.

“Raptor.” He grunted out, “The land slopes around here. If we continue we'll crest a hill.” He raised an arm the direction of the slope. “We'd have be at an advantage if we are at the crest of the hill. Doesn't seem too steep however.”

His ear flicked as he cast a glance at the raptor, “Your call.”
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

Triss panted as she caught up to the two ahead of her. She wasn't out of shape, but she also wasn't used to long stretches of sprinting for her life, especially chasing after a wolf and a 'raptor. She took a moment to stop, hunching over to place paws on knees to steady herself, then straightening up again while she looked around.
"Damn, I think we lost the deer." She said, glancing behind her, still inhaling deeply.
She looked in the direction that the wolf had indicated and steeled herself for the trip uphill.
She cleared her throat and then spat into the woods. "Well then, no point standing around here. Let's get going." With that, she began making her way up the slope.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

When the trio had come to a halt beneath the shadows of the spires, there was naught but silence aside from their strained panting. It was eerie, and Galahad was unnerved. For the meantime, it seemed as if they had indeed lost their predator and the raptor neither heard nor smelled anything aside from the two other humanoids beside him.

They were safe… for now.

Galahad turned to Theodore as the wolf spoke. The latter was right – the landscape did appear to slope upwards ahead. The monster did seem to be slower than they were, and thus it would be wise to seek a vantage point even if the vegetation was still dense around the foot of the hill.

Galahad nodded in agreement and followed Triss as she made her way up the hill towards its crest. It did seem to be just over a dozen metres above the rest of the landscape. Not particularly high, but it did allow them to see far more. Ascending it, a more paranoid part of Galahad’s mind half-expected the monstrosity to appear from over the other side of the hill in a terrifying ambush. His tight grip on his handgun did not slacken.

After less than a minute, the trio had reached the top of the rocky hill. It was barren of vegetation and situated in the centre of a small clearing. Theodore was right: this was perhaps their best strategy so far.

“Now might be a good time to check our supplies,” suggested Galahad, swinging his backpack off his shoulders and onto the ground beneath. “Yet one of us should keep watch. My eyesight isn’t the best…” Galahad blinked, somewhat embarrassed with the confession. “Who will do so?”
TheOldWolf

Post by TheOldWolf »

“I'll take the watch.” Theodore volunteered, “I suspect I may have the best eyes for this task.” He paused before continuing: “I can save you sometime with my inventory, it's what I've got on my back. I was rather ungraciously dumped on this podunk planet after what is apparently unsatisfied patronage.”
Theodore spoke sourly. “I'm afraid the skills I am most proficient at I am lacking their tools.”

Theodore straightened himself out.“I should introduce myself. I'm known as Theodore Almer. Tips, if you'd prefer.”

“I was something of a wanderer,” Theodore drawled out while his eyes scanned the horizon, searching for any disturbance. “I'm quite familiar with the life of soldiery and all that it entails.”

“Anyways, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance,” Theodore jerked his head to view both Galahad (Having been informed of the raptor's name prior to running for his life) and Triss. “I hope we get along swimmingly and out of this alive.”
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

Triss nodded at the wolf, then took her backpack off, taking a moment to stretch before sitting on her knees to show the contents to the 'raptor. She said each item out loud as she pulled them out for the sake of the wolf.
"I have a small first aid kit, a mostly useless knife, some blankets, a tinderbox, and some rations. My ship crashed a few clicks from our current position. There might be some salvageable parts in it still, but it's not going anywhere anytime soon."
She looked up at the 'raptor standing beside her. "How about you? Anything helpful besides that peashooter of yours?"
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

"After what is apparently unsatisfied patronage"? Galahad could not help but tilt his head in suspicion at the subtle remark. The wolf did tend to have a rather odd sense of humour - as odd as the rest of him. However, the raptor decided to give it no further thought - far more pressing matters were at hand. Matters that involved a monstrous predator preying upon the trio.

Galahad joined Triss in rummaging through the various odds and ends that had been brought with them on their unintentional expedition upon this strange planet. First aid. Knife. Tinderbox. Rations. Already, there was a feeling of optimism in the air; their supplies thus far were adequate, and put them in a more promising circumstance. Hopeful yet tempered by a grimness, Galahad acknowledged the fact that they may just make it off this planet yet. His thoughts drifted back towards Vox briefly, and his satisfaction faltered, but the raptor forced himself to focus on the present.

Galahad glanced at Triss as she spoke to him. "Peashooter?" he repeated with a chuckle. "By the look on your face when it was pointed at you, I'd wager that you seem to think it a little more than that, hm?" he added, his characteristic dark humour surfacing. "In any case, I seem to have..." He unzipped his backpack, and turned it upside down, holding it just above the ground so as not to damage any of its contents. Another first aid kit, an MRE, a mechatronics repair kit, a pen and a book fell out. The book itself appeared rather indistinct - a solid black hardcover with a white bookmark. Galahad blinked and quickly put the book back in its case, not meeting the eyes of the others.

"Food, repair kit and medicine, it seems." he said, and then added with a grin: "And peashooter."
TheOldWolf

Post by TheOldWolf »

While his two companions detailed their inventory Theodore kept watch, habitually shifting his weight to allow him to easily raise his previously own set of rifles – the lack of familiar weight dawned momentarily and his arms dropped to his sides instead.
He sighed, seeing no point in becoming despondent about his situation he hummed an old song to himself while Triss and Galahad went over their items.

“It's a bare bones lot, I'll tell ya.” He commented after Galahad's “peashooter” remark.

He felt an ear flick, the wind changed direction slightly and it irritated his ear.

“Hostile and unknown planet, I would suggest we stick together – better chances of survival. You two lead and I'll follow.”

He gazed up at the expanse of the night sky, “Perhaps we can get you two home safely.”
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

(Note: The following also contains input from TheOldWolf.)

--------

Triss looked at the wolf in confusion. "Aren't you coming with us?"

One of Theodore's tails flicked, "For now yes."

"Then aren't you going home too?" She asked.

Theodore let out a coarse chuckle, "I'm a bit of a wanderer myself - I haven't had a home in a very long time miss."

Triss was silent for a minute. "Well... at least you can get off this rock with us."

"If I had a beer I'd toast to that happily." A small smile cracked on his face, "Although, I don't drink."

"Well, we get out of here and I'll buy you a drink. Or a coffee, if you prefer."

"Heh. I appreciate that - You'll find I have quite the sweet tooth. Ah but alas, should we get off here." He paused, eyes flicking to the sky again, "If we get off here - I have a debt to pay."

Triss nodded. She put the things she had removed back into her pack and hoisted it onto her shoulders again.
She glanced at the 'raptor and the wolf. "Where to now, then? We could try visiting my ship, but it's only going to have parts. And there's no sense lugging around ship parts we won't need. Any suggestions on where we should head next?"
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

As the two others had their conversation, Galahad's eyes kept scanning the area around them. How peculiar - the creature had disappeared completely. Had they managed to evade it so soon? The raptor would not let his guard down just yet, but he was most certainly relieved.

The raptor turned to face the possum female as she asked what to do. It was certainly a difficult question to answer. Galahad's ship was simply unsalvageable and beyond repair, and so it was no use going back to his. "Our goal is to find a ship, even if it is damaged, and get off this planet. I am an engineer, and so I can attempt to repair a crashed one," he said, tapping his chin with a claw as he thought, "Now that I think about it, I remember seeing an abandoned, crashed vessel fewer than ... about five or six kilometres north of my own crash site. I initially planned on going to it, but a gorge separates it from my own crash site. We can go around it from where we are now if we head a little north-west, though. It may or may not be repairable. What do you think of that plan, Theodore?"
TheOldWolf

Post by TheOldWolf »

Theodore flicked an ear as the raptor mentioned his plan, “It works.” He said noncommittally, “A gorge though, that could prove to be very problematic. With no maps of this area we could waste a lot of time finding a suitable place to cross it.” He paused, and turned the raptor, “If at all.”

He hummed a low note. “A moot point at the moment in any case. From your crash site, it was a blind rush from there to here – Think you can orientate yourself in the right direction towards it?”

A thousand thoughts ran through Theodore's mind and he sighed – they were woefully under-equipped for this undertaking, perhaps mortally so.
“Morbid.” He thought and lashed his tails.

He sighed, “let's. Let's just try to stay alive in any case.” He turned to wink at Triss, “After all, we have a coffee date to keep after this, don't we pretty lady?”
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

Triss raised her eyebrows at the wolf's question, but couldn't hide a smile. "I guess we do."

Triss took a second to survey their surroundings. From atop the barren hill, the "trees" looked like twisted flowers in the dim light of the moons and the stars. There was no sign of the creature that had chased them away from their meeting point. The flare had long since faded, and there was no indication of which direction they had come from, save their own tracks. The night was quiet, only the occasional whisper of the chill wind breaking the near complete silence. They were not welcome here. It was time to leave.

She looked back towards the 'raptor. "Well, if you think you can get us to a potential way out of here, then by all means, lead the way. That ship you spotted seems as good a starting place as any. Let's not stick around to see if that thing that was chasing us shows up again."
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Galahad had to resist rolling his eyes at the wolf's flirtation - but had to give credit where it was due, and admire Theodore's confidence. However, far more pressing matters were at hand: the trio had a plan in mind, and the sooner it was executed, the better.

"Follow me," said Galahad, and after slinging his backpack onto his shoulders and with his pistol in hand, he made his way down the hill. "I am not sure how long it will take for us to get there, but I know of the general direction. When we're close, we'll just follow the landmarks I saw."

Something akin to a howl - a deep, resonating outcry, as if of lamentation - sounded a moderate distance away. Galahad stopped, and glanced over his shoulder. "... And let's not dawdle. This planet's inhabitants don't seem too welcoming of guests."
TheOldWolf

Post by TheOldWolf »

Theodore suppressed a desire to let out a howl, whether for the better or worse – some far off beast did so in his place.

“I think you may be right,” he passed in comment, “Let's get a move on.”

Theodore twitched his tails and scented the air, it was unsurprisingly full of unknown alien smells and rather noticeably, the scent of raptor and possum sweat – respectfully he decided not to say anything of it, knowing that he too, would smell quite rank to the others.

He let out a small growl in frustration, “I'll take up the rear, if anything happens, I can come running to help out with ease.”

He squared his shoulders and raised his voice slightly, “Let's move, Galahad. Lead the way, Triss - fall in line. Keep your ears open and your eyes sharp. We're staying alive, all of us.” He spoke with finality, eager to be under-way.
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

Triss nodded at the wolf's assertion. "Agreed. We're getting out of here, together."
She gave a surreptitious glance towards the source of the howl, then squared her shoulders and looked towards their goal, surveying the horizon ahead.
"Sounds like it may be a ways... but we'll make it. We're not dying here." She looked at her strange companions, her gaze lingering for a moment on Theodore before she turned to face Galahad.
"Lead on, raptor." She said confidently. "We've stood here long enough."
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

It was time for the party to move out. They had much ground to cover, and even more reason to cover it quickly: what they had received was merely a glimpse into this strange and bizarre world, but it had been enough to drive home one indisputable fact: they should not stay here any longer. To escape, they had to turn their path to the sky - but they needed wings, first.
And so Galahad led them. Compared to what happened a few hours ago, the journey was relatively uneventful. Occasionally, the raptor would stop in his tracks, thinking he saw a shape prowling among the foliage, but would dismiss it as nerves or imagination. In truth, he did not want to take any drastic action unless he was convinced it was necessary - after all, he had only a few shots left...

The planet's moons cast slivers of silvery light upon the eerily quiet world. In the dark, among shades of violet, brown and black, the three forms moved, their living outlines barely visible in the cold night air against the dead backdrop. Quiet. Wordless. Yet their thoughts manifested in the almost painstakingly cautious gait and nervous glances. The moons moved in their grand arcs across the sky as time passed by, shadows shifting and melding in the blanket of darkness that smothered the land.

Eventually, the three arrived at their destination.

"Look, there it is!" whispered Galahad, pointing ahead. There, in a large clearing, was a medium-sized starcraft; its magnificent hull and plating appeared intact, moonlight dancing upon its metallic surface. The night-time dark obscured the full glory of the ship, but its massive silhouette rose like a monolith from the ground ahead. Yet something appeared amiss with the rear engines. The raptor would have to get a closer look, to be sure. "Let's move in slowly... We might not be the only ones with this idea."
Traden
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Leopard

Post by Traden »

Sure, you just want the ship. I don't believe that for a second, Zeki thought. The falcon had just found the ship himself half an hour ago. He was directly behind the spaceship, trying to repair it, a side panel opened up with the ship's insides spilling out onto him.

Luckily, the three military personnel (that's who these newcomers had to be) came into the clearing on the opposite side from Zeki. He stopped working immediately when he first heard them approach. Somehow, he was going to have to avoid being seen or heard until they finished pretending to want to fix ship and left.

Not that it was going to make much difference. Zeki was a programmer. He had no idea how vehicles worked and wasn't getting this ship off the ground. He was going to have to give up on it and try to find something else.
TheOldWolf

Post by TheOldWolf »

“My tails itch!” Theodore arbitrarily complained, as he desperately attempted to scratch the itches at the base of his tails – one would think, that there were greater things to complain about.
The itch persisted despite the best attempts of his paws resulting in a small whine exiting Theodore's throat.

“No fair! This sucks! Galahad! Does your ship have a good brush or back-scratcher? Please tell me it does!”

Theodore continued to furiously scratch as the itch continued to well, itch.

His ears flattened against his head, turning to Triss he spoke, “You don't think I have... Y'know... Fleas...?” He hushed his last words, not wanting to face the possibility he may have picked up interstellar parasites.

Theodore promptly flopped to the ground in a rather awkward position in a desperate attempt to better scratch the itch that plagued him.

He whined again, “I hate itches.”
Exit light, enter night. My fluffy underbelly is the sky.
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

Triss watched as Theodore flopped onto the ground. "Um... do you think there might be a better time for this?" She asked.
She stepped around him as she moved towards the ship, gazing up at its bulk. "It looks a lot more intact than my ship." She said. "I think we might be able to use it to get out of here. But I wonder... who left it here?"