Two Truths and a LIE Game

Come in, relax, play with your friends! You can find something for everybody here. You can even find threads with no particular point at all, other than a good time! You can even start up some role playing.
Neon
Species: Huskeh
Region: Other

Two Truths and a LIE Game

Post by Neon »

Wow, I'm quite surprised this hasn't been done before, this is a really nifty game where you have fun AND learn useless titbits of information about the others who play.

The game is simple, you tell two truths and a lie about yourself (all on the same believability level), and the others have to correctly guess the lie based on what they know of you. Ideally, if all your statements are hard to believe, you're doing a good job. There is also a scoring scheme, but meh... who keeps scores here anyways?

I'll start!

I've been camping with a mate on his game farm that has repeatedly seen a leopard slinking around. All we had to protect ourselves from wildlife was our thin tent, an axe, a Swiss army knife and a potato peeler.

When I was young (around 10) I had a pet emperor scorpion named Sparticus. He grew bloody big and only ever stung me once.

I've never had McDonalds

Which of these sounds like a lie to you? I'm looking forward to what you guys put down about yourselves.
You're allowed to pry a little into the statements, but the poster doesn’t have to comply to your requests. Have fun!
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Re: Two Truths and a LIE Game

Post by Leeward »

I'm going to go with number 3.

Also, must we wait until somebody gets it right for it to be their turn? What if the one who gave the last three statements doesn't respond with yes/no?
Neon

Post by Neon »

Leeward wrote:I'm going to go with number 3.

Also, must we wait until somebody gets it right for it to be their turn? What if the one who gave the last three statements doesn't respond with yes/no?
Since this is on a forum and all, I'd say you don't have to wait to play your statements and such. It'll be a little chaotic, but who doesn't love a little bit of chaos every now and then?

And for the answer.... I'm not going to reveal it just yet...
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Uh, okay then, but was I correct?

1. I kept a Cape dwarf chameleon for just under a year. One day she hid too well and I never found her again.
2. When I was little I found a beehive in my grandparents' garage; they had no idea it was there and thought the buzzing came from a switchboard.
3. I once assisted a vet during surgery on a puppy that had been run over; she sewed what remained of the hind leg back together while I held it because it was too small for the thoracic positioner.
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

neon: 2... an emperor scorpion stung you!? NAAAH! those things are as cuddly as kittehyz. i'd say no 2 is the lie.
but it's seriously amazing that you never had McDonalds before though, respect bro.

lee: i'd go for 2

1. when i was 6 i accidentally set fire to my aunts carpet while playing lighter bike
2. my ideal job is drawing smut
3. my mom once dropped a dumbbell on my big toe at the gym and the nail came off a few days later.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Neon

Post by Neon »

Leeward wrote: 1. I kept a Cape dwarf chameleon for just under a year. One day she hid too well and I never found her again.
2. When I was little I found a beehive in my grandparents' garage; they had no idea it was there and thought the buzzing came from a switchboard.
3. I once assisted a vet during surgery on a puppy that had been run over; she sewed what remained of the hind leg back together while I held it because it was too small for the thoracic positioner.
I'd go for number 2. I think It'd be pretty hard to not notice a beehive and bees buzzing around in your own home

Animew wrote:1. when i was 6 i accidentally set fire to my aunts carpet while playing lighter bike
2. my ideal job is drawing smut
3. my mom once dropped a dumbbell on my big toe at the gym and the nail came off a few days later.
I'd go for three. Simply because wouldn't the nail come off almost immediately?

And as Lee guessed. I have actaully have had MCDonkadonks before, just like only 3 times. But still. Good guess!
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Neon wrote: And as Lee guessed. I have actaully have had MCDonkadonks before, just like only 3 times. But still. Good guess!
*GASP!* no waaaay bro! Spartacus stung you!? what you do to the little guy to make him that mad?

also nope, not 3. O_o the nail actually goes blue then black then gets loose. only came off once it accidentally snagged on a carpet one day and ripped out where it was still attached щ(゚Д゚щ) was so fuggen painful. the nail somehow grew back though... strange considering the entire nail came out and left my toe looking like E.T's glowing finger.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Yup, mine was 2.
Neon wrote:And as Lee guessed. I have actaully have had MCDonkadonks before, just like only 3 times. But still. Good guess!
I was about 19 when I had Macky D's for the first time so I was willing to believe it, but it seemed so simple compared to the other two. The key to a convincing lie is detail. ;)

Animew: 2. That can't possibly be your only aspiration.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Green Folf
Region: Gauteng

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Animew, I'd go with number 1 but this is specifically because...what the hell is "Lighter bike"

1. (on the point of flames) when I was young I melted my dustbin by putting tissues into it and setting it on fire.
2. I got run over by a rolling dustbin when I was younger.
3. I had a cut on my face in high school because I was punched in the face by a guy with a ring, which grazed cheek to cheek across my nose.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Neon

Post by Neon »

Ivic-Wulfe wrote:1. (on the point of flames) when I was young I melted my dustbin by putting tissues into it and setting it on fire.
3. I had a cut on my face in high school because I was punched in the face by a guy with a ring, which grazed cheek to cheek across my nose.
I'll say number 3. Wouldn't your nose act as a barrier to protect your other cheek? (Assuming you're not Voldemort)
ManicWuff
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Fox or wolf

Post by ManicWuff »

Ivic-Wulfe wrote:Animew, I'd go with number 1 but this is specifically because...what the hell is "Lighter bike"

1. (on the point of flames) when I was young I melted my dustbin by putting tissues into it and setting it on fire.
I'd have to go with 2 because I feel bad imagining a stray dustbin rampaging down the stress and hitting you.

Let me get in on the action then.

1) When I was younger I nearly killed myself by pulling the TV set onto me. If my older brother hadn't been there, I might not be typing this.
2) I've deuteranomaly colour blindness however I only noticed once someone asked me to differentiate between an orange and the tree it was in
3) I've had strabismus in both eyes however after surgery one eye is now fine. The other's vision is about half as effective and will still pull in if I concentrate too much
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

I'm going to say number 2. You would have noticed colour blindness as a child.

Let's give this a go.
1. Once upon a time, I got out of a R2000 ticket by bribing the police officer with a pie.
2. Once upon a time, I had a threesome with my uncle.
3. Once upon a time, I humiliated and destroyed a young teenage girls social life for a pack of smokes.
[REDACTED]
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Ivic: 2. That's way too funny to have actually happened.
Manic: 3. I don't think that's how strabismus works.
Helios: 2. Because ew.
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

lol! actually it is lee. it’s fun, it pays well and it's never boring.

Ivic got it. lighter bike is when you take a flint lighter and you drive it around on the little wheel so that it makes a continuous spark and kinda sounds like a mini motorbike.
<_< my aunt set her own house on fire! it wasn't me!

Ivic: 3. ^_^ i saw yo face bro, no scar... well, none that i could see at least.

Manic: 1. er... because it's the odd one out?

Helios: 3. judging from the gravitational interplay between the moon and my left big toe... i'd say it's about 80% likely that you don't smoke.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Okay, why the hell not?

1. I once peed out a window.
2. I once dropped a shot-put ball on my toe just to get out of "kleure sport" back in high school.
3. I once got hugged by a serial killer.
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

@Leeward. Actually it was a funny story. My father remarried a 28 year old. Her brother that I got on with quite well was then legally my uncle even thou he is three years younger than me.

@ Animew. Yup. I smoke.

And I'm thinking contrast is a dark and brooding serial killer hugging writer who has never pee'd out of a window before?
[REDACTED]
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

@ Helios. \(´ー`)/ fire dancing usually has that effect... that reminds me, didn't i see you at ramfest at some point?

Contrast: 3. you don't seem like the kind of person to hug me.
then again who would want to get out of shot-put? its sooo classy!
shtpt.jpg
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Helios_phi wrote:And I'm thinking contrast is a dark and brooding serial killer hugging writer who has never pee'd out of a window before?
I have peed out of a window. It happened at a school camp called "SOS" (I was a "rivier rot"). This was prabably around the 4th or 5th grade mark. There were three long buildings to sleep in, one for the boys, one for the girls, and one for the teachers.

As you probably know, putting a bunch of boys in the woods in a building of their own can get them quite rowdy. The noise we were making was so bad that our Afrikaans teacher came bursting in with a sambok and started beating everyone within reach. He screamed at us to keep it down, and to stay inside the building, otherwise he'd tear our ass skins off.

Unfortunately, I needed to take a piss. Really, really bad. There were three problems with this. Number 1: the toilets were outside, deep in the forbidden zone. Number 2: I was still in my "super ultra teacher's pet good boy" phase, and number 3: I was terrified of getting beaten to death with a sambok.

Luckily for me, I was sleeping on the top bunk, and there was a window right above my head. Being the logical boy that I was, I surmized that the only way to relieve my bladder without breaking any rules was to pee out the window.

The bed wasn't exactly right up against the wall, though, so I had to do a bit of a stationary pelvic thrust to get in position. I was hoping it would be dark enough so that nobody would notice. No such luck.

I was just finishing up when somebody yelled: "Holy shit, he's peeing out the window!"

I dove back under my blankets just as the flashlights started coming on.

"Huh? Who's peeing out the window?"
"Was it him?"
"What's going on?"

I feigned ignorance, of course. "You guys are crazy! Go back to sleep before the teacher comes back!"

I thought I had gotten away with it, but I failed to think ahead. The next morning there was a small crowd of people gathered outside the boys' building. Girls, teachers, camp officials, all of them staring at the long, yellow stain running down the wall just beneath my window.

Yup.

Good thing none of my mates ratted me out. :lol:
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

3 is correct but not for the reasons you expect. I did have a cut across my face that ran over the bridge of my nose. I ran into a low branch while retrieving a rugby ball. I was running uphill and was watching my footing and didn't see the branch. The lie was actually a lie I used because I was too embarrassed to admit I ran into a tree. I was in grade 8

1. I did in fact do that I was kinda stupid. I tried putting the fire out by placing something on top of it to starve the fire...didn't work it started melting too. So i ran to the tap and put the fire out with water. I was in grade 4

2. we had a very steep driveway and we were taking the bins out in the winter. I slipped on a patch of black ice (was in America at the time. Blizzard of 1996) I fell forward and the bin just kept going...I wasn't much of a challenge for it.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
ManicWuff
Species: Fox or wolf

Post by ManicWuff »

As to answer the inquisitive minds, the lie would be number 2. I don`t have colour blindness but it seemed like the kind of statement none would question me on. Well spotted Helios_phi.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Animew wrote:Contrast: 3.
Nope, I really did hugged by a serial killer.

STORY TIME!!

This happened back in 11th or 12th grade. I was out drinking with my friends, and when I say "drinking" I actually mean we broke into my friend's dad's liquor store and were gorging ourselves on carton after carton of iJuba. For those of you who've never tasted iJuba, it's kind of like the devil drank a ton of beer and then pissed it out again. Of course back then we didn't really have the sophistication to give a flying toss about quality when it came to booze, we just wanted to get drunk for free.

Anyway, we were standing around, basically trying to see who could drink the most without throwing up, when some guy wandered in off the street. I didn't even see him come in, but next thing I knew he had thrown his arm over my shoulder and was leaning on me like we were the best of friends.

This guy... I want you to imagine Dhalsim from Street Fighter getting freaky with Smeagol from Lord of The Rings, and then somehow having a mutant love child.

ImageImage

You got that image in your head? Good. Now imagine that hellspawn getting punched in the face until he only has three teeth left and you'll have some idea of what he looked like.

So this guy is leaning against me, his breath stinking to high heaven, looking at me all friendly, and he says: "Hello! My name is Willem Etter! Pleased to meet you!"

Now for those of you who don't speak Afrikaans, "etter" means "pus", and it's considered a pretty rude insult (usually worse than "shit"). This guy actually took that word and made it part of his identity. That probably should have tipped me off, but I was way too drunk to notice such social subtleties.

I introduced myself and shook his hand (alcohol makes me all sociable) and said, "Willem Etter? That's your name?"

"That's what they call me."

"Why do they call you Willem Etter?"

"Because I killed a bunch of people."

I wish I could accurately describe what went through my head in that moment. I guess it must be the same kind of feeling soldiers get when they're marching along and they suddenly hear a click beneath their boots.

And the worst part? My friends were fucking gone. They had slipped out the back the moment Willem Etter started hanging on me, leaving me to sink or swim on my own. So there I was, all alone in an abandoned liquor store in the middle of the night, drunk out of my mind, with a guy called "Willem Etter" who had just claimed to have killed a "bunch" of people.

Yeah. I was about ready to shit myself, but I kept calm and, acting all nonchalant, I asked him who he killed.

"It was a mom, a dad, and a kid. I broke into their home, but I didn't want to wake 'em up, so I stabbed them." It sounded even worse in Afrikaans. "Ek't hulle gesteek!"

I nodded and sipped my iJuba, trying to think of a way out of this situation. The problem was, iJuba isn't exactly brain juice. Luckily for me, that's exactly when my carton ran out. I said, "Oh, would you look at that? It's empty. I'm gonna go get another one. You want one, too?"

He smiled at me, showing off all three of his yellow teeth. "Ja man!!"

So I slipped free, constantly thinking to myself: Don't run, don't run, don't run...

I went to the fridge, grabbed a carton of iJuba, tossed it to Willem and said, "I wanna check something with my friends real quick. Be right back."

I'm not sure he heard me, though. He had his head tilted back and was downing the whole carton in one go.

I slipped out the back door and started to look for my friends, thinking that I was probably overreacting. It was probably just some hobo looking for free booze, just like us. That story couldn't have been true.

I finally found them farther down the road, huddled together arguing about something.

"You assholes!" I said. "You left me in there with some weirdo!"

They were all very glad to see me. "Holy shit, dude! You're alive! That guy is a total psycho killer!"

"Um..." The unease started to creep back in. "He did tell me he killed a family..."

"What? No, that happened years ago. I'm talking about just last week! He totally walked up to a guy in the squatter camp, put his arm around his shoulders, and then stabbed him in the face! For no reason! Didn't even steal anything! He just stabs 'cuz he likes stabbing! We thought you were gonna die! Seriously! We already called the cops, so let's get the fuck out of here!"

We were all underage and we had technically broken into my friend's dad's store, so you can understand why we didn't stick around. We spent the night at another friend's house (the one nice thing about tiny towns is that there's always a friend's house nearby) and watched Urban Legend, possibly the silliest horror movie ever made.

A few days later I heard from another friend (he wasn't with us at the time, but his dad was a policeman) that they had caught Willem Etter at a liquor store. When they searched him, they found a massive hunting knife tucked away in his jacket.

Yup. That was definitely one of the most hair-raising experiences of my life, I can tell you that.
cuddlewolf
Species: Ragnifer-tarandus

Post by cuddlewolf »

This is a bit off topic but jeez Contrast, that is some scary stuff. If I was in that position, I would have shat myself.
excitablepuppeh :) :)
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

So by elimination, you didn't drop a shot-put ball on your toe to get out of whatever "kleure sport" is. (What is it, inter-house sports? I once feigned sickness to get out of that.)
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

cuddlewolf wrote:This is a bit off topic but jeez Contrast, that is some scary stuff. If I was in that position, I would have shat myself.
Lol, if I wasn't so drunk I probably would have panicked and gotten myself stabbed in the face. :lol:
Leeward wrote:So by elimination, you didn't drop a shot-put ball on your toe to get out of whatever "kleure sport" is. (What is it, inter-house sports? I once feigned sickness to get out of that.)
Correct. "Kleure sport" is "colour sport". The school gets divided into two teams once a year (blue and yellow), and then we have to compete in track and field events. It was mandatory to take part in at least two events, and I viewed that as a violation of my rights as a human being (I know I was a drama queen, but that's really how I felt at the time). I always threatened to give myself some horrendous injury to get out of it, but I never quite dared to go all the way. :lol:
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I claim a turn!

1. A family friend once gave me play-dough for Christmas when I was a toddler, and once left unsupervised I ate the entire jar. My mom used to let me lick the beaters/bowl of dough/batter (which she scraped poorly on purpose to leave some) whenever she baked something, so I thought it was that.
2. When I was about 5 I was violently sick (projectile vomiting) and I happened to have eaten avocado that day. Since then I haven't been able to taste/smell avocado without wanting to retch. I can't even have it on pizza or in salad, so forget about guacamole.
3. One of my best weekends ever was LANning with a handful of friends all night, watching the sunrise while one of them decided that the kiddie pool was a great place to sit in fully clothed (we were slightly drunk), and then sleeping until the next afternoon.
Neon

Post by Neon »

Lee, I'd go for 2. Simply because 1) Play dough must taste horrible. How can you eat an entire jar? 2) LANning with mates is one of the greatest ways to have fun (granted everyone is in the right mood) And finally 3), I consider hating the godly-fruits a crime.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Actually, play-dough isn't too bad, but that's not how I found out because that never happened. I don't hate avocados, their smell/flavour just makes me feel nauseous, which I'm aware is completely subconscious.
Asbjorn-phoenix
Papa Bear
Species: FireBear - Bear Phoenix hybrid

Post by Asbjorn-phoenix »

Lee I would go for 1. I also ate play dough as a kid.

1. My medical knowledge is better than the average persons due to having had a Professor as a father.
2. I am technically the Earl of Dumbarton.
3. I have watched tennis on the Wimbledon centre court.

Posted just after Lee answered, so I'll leave it at that.
If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear,
if you've something to hide you shouldn't be here.
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Leeward wrote: 2. When I was about 5 I was violently sick (projectile vomiting) and I happened to have eaten avocado that day. Since then I haven't been able to taste/smell avocado without wanting to retch. I can't even have it on pizza or in salad, so forget about guacamole.
MYUHUHU! do i disgust you, Lee?

Asbjorn, i'm going to say 2... unless your surname is like... douglas or something.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Asbjorn: 3.

Animew: what are you on about?