Two Truths and a LIE Game

Come in, relax, play with your friends! You can find something for everybody here. You can even find threads with no particular point at all, other than a good time! You can even start up some role playing.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena
Region: Gauteng

Re: Two Truths and a LIE Game

Post by Ryall »

@ Animew, busy yeen not lazy yeen: they're like opposites so get it right!

@Noah, 1 sounds oddly specific and 2. Sounds like something you've written about in the venting and support thread. I am going to guess 3. Is a lie.
Hahaha! :lol:
noah-lausberg

Post by noah-lausberg »

Nope. Wrong. Anybody else? :lol:
Healer the heals, refusing to be healed
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

By elimination the only answer that's left is 2. Even so I would have guessed that one, because nobody is constantly depressed; there are scattered blips of light in even the darkest darkness. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.
noah-lausberg

Post by noah-lausberg »

Correct!

1. I remember this in detail cause the drink was literally nice in a weird way. :lol: A week later I lost a tooth.

2. Lee, you're right 100%. I'm never constantly depressed, I have days, even weeks where I'm happy but sometimes I feel misunderstood sometimes where even a few times people thought that I was constantly depressed.

3. I love my grandparents and with their current situation (read "Forgotten") I feel the need to help them as much as I can and so instead of walking, I can just as well live with them.
Healer the heals, refusing to be healed
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

noah-lausberg wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:08 pmI have days, even weeks where I'm happy.
I feel you bro. Depression is annoyingly fickle. It's like having a demon toddler in charge of your emotional control panel, and most of the time it forgets to even switch the damn thing on.

Okay my turn I guess, unless Ryall can post faster than me.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Let's go back to my favourite time of my life. /s

1. I never took part in a single extracurricular sport offered by my high school for more than a couple weeks before giving it up despite it being a requirement.
2. When I was in matric, my high school choir (which I was a member of) came first in the provincial eisteddfod.
3. I didn't have a date for my matric dance, so I went with a group of single friends.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Leeward wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:34 am Let's go back to my favourite time of my life. /s

1. I never took part in a single extracurricular sport offered by my high school for more than a couple weeks before giving it up despite it being a requirement.
2. When I was in matric, my high school choir (which I was a member of) came first in the provincial eisteddfod.
3. I didn't have a date for my matric dance, so I went with a group of single friends.
I am going to go with 3: you and your partner are childhood sweethearts, so I can't imagine you going to matric without a date.
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

I'ma go with 1, just cause I'd have done the same thing.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Oh Ryall, so close, yet so far away... We met on HIS matric dance, not mine, which was a few weeks prior. And for which I actually did have a date, just not him, but the slightly older son of a family friend who accompanied me out of pity because it was literally a last resort short of not going at all.

Adagio is correct, 1 is the lie. I got away with it for several reasons: for one I was absolutely terrible at sports so they didn't want me on any teams anyway, and in almost all other respects I was a model student who didn't cause any trouble. Also my mother was a teacher/librarian at the same school and that had a couple perks to it. Before anyone asks, no, I was never in any of her classes, nor did I ever have to call her Mrs. Leeward Senior (barf). I was her head librarian in matric though, but there was no favouritism there, I was genuinely the most diligent of her student staff. In hindsight, the irony and cringe is not lost on me.
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

Wooo! What do I win? Oh...

Yeah... It's a bad idea to be in one of your parents classes... Luckily my mom knew this... I was in the school she was a teacher at in Gr 1 as well and I was in a different class...
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Wait hang on the logic is wrong... by the explanations, it's Ryall who is correct, but for the wrong reason lol. I did myself a confuse. This is two truths and a lie, not two lies and a truth. 1 and 2 are true, 3 is false.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

I was so confused by your responses, Leeward. I also only got 3 hours of sleep on Saturday, so I wrote it off as me being confused and didn't give it any thought after that.

I also took a family friend's kid to my matric dance, heh. I am surprised by your choir story: I didn't know you were a singer. 🙂

Anyway, I have done a smart, and so it is my turn now. 🙃

Let's give it a theme!

1. When I was 4, my sister hit me with a metal garden rake on the knee, and I had to get stitches, and I still have a scar on my knee today.
2. When I was 5, my grandmother's dog mauled me, and I had to undergo facial reconstructive surgery, and I still have a scar on my face today.
3. When I was 6, my brother kicked me in the side and cracked one of my ribs, and I had to go on a course of painkillers, and I still have a lump on my ribs today.

Have fun! 😋
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

2 is my guess; I'm not buying that a handsome hyena like you has undergone facial reconstructive surgery.
Baz
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Saber tooth Cat
Region: Other

Post by Baz »

Just for giggles I will go with 3
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Since there's only one more option left I'll go with 1. Even though I know that I had a very similar experience with my sister...I was fooling around with an axe nearby her and it slipped out of my hands and nearly hit her...all of those options are plausible...
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

*Drum roll* And the winner is... Ivic! #1 is a baseless fabrication.

Thank you Leeward, I am flattered. When I was 5 and whilst visiting my grandmother, I - who likes dogs - would go gently pet all of her dogs, including her Alsatian. It turns out the Alsatian had had a stroke the day before, and was feeling a little jumpy. When I lent over to pet it, one of my cousins thought it would be a hilarious prank to stamp on its tail as I was petting it. The Alsatian then ripped my face apart, opening holes in the sides of both my cheeks through which you could see my teeth, and ripping my nose wide open. I was rushed to hospital for emergency surgery. I was very fortunate in that I escaped the whole ordeal with only one minor scar: if you look carefully on some of the later mugshot thread photos (better phone camera), you can see it as a line extending from the left of my lip (my left (it would appear on my right in mirrors)). ;)

As for number two Baz, it really was just for giggles: my brother who is four years older than I were play fighting and he got a little overzealous and karate kicked me in the side, breaking one of my ribs. The cartilaginous bump that formed is actually mostly gone: you can't see it, and you can't really feel it anymore either, unless you know where to feel and are intimately familiar with how my ribs feel. No hard feelings against my brother. :P

Ivic, your turn!
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

1. I eat peanut butter as a snack, as is from a spoon.
2. We once tried to make zucchini fries. I also really liked them.
3. My fav meal is my father's steak with a homemade peppercorn sauce.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

2. Zucchini fries are tricky to get right; I'm doubtful that your first attempt was successful enough for them to be particularly enjoyable.
ShadowTale
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Fennec Fox Cat

Post by ShadowTale »

Sweet thread! Let me give this a try:

1. I have driven a car while it was on fire.
2. I have been hunted and shot at by angry farmers.
3. I have spent a day training how to drive while drunk.
*Awesome life changing quote initializing...
Telegram: @ShadowTale
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

I personally have done number 3 >_>

But I'm going to say number 2 is the lie
ShadowTale

Post by ShadowTale »

Ivic_Wulfe wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 pm I personally have done number 3 >_>

But I'm going to say number 2 is the lie
Actually number 3 is the lie lolz. A friend and I kind of tried it on his parents plot once (while they were away) but not too successful, mainly we quickly got quite "car sick" and decided it was a bad idea XD

The 2nd one is true. Was quite long ago (around 2004, close to Pretoria). A bunch of us were just innocently walking along a railway track (at 2 in the morning) when the sound of our footsteps on the gravel woke some dogs, who woke some people... one thing led to another and we found ourselves running down a dirt road with bullets whizzing past our heads (considering the situation with the farm murders and all I could not really blame them much so yea... lesson learnt I suppose).

And the 1st one. To summarize shortly... while I was "test driving" my awesome project car (1998 Opel Corsa Sudan :lol: ) she developed an oil pump pressure challenge and dumped about a litre of oil through the breather pipe onto the hot exhaust running below the engine causing lots of smoke and flames. Luckily as I did not slow down when it happened, the flames quickly went out. The cause of the flames did confuse me quite a bit until I changed the oil a while later and found it smells quite badly of petrol... which kinda does make sense considering that the engine has an over-fueling characteristic to it.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

Shadow tail sounds like the one guy I work with who made his Audi R8 super charged and a bunch of other boy racer fancy terms, and then went to fix something on his car his friend did something else and he get his arm caught in some belt. he has a mark now from it. You car peoples are a breed almost as scary as us horse peoples!
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
ShadowTale

Post by ShadowTale »

Raven Song wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:09 pm Shadow tail sounds like the one guy I work with who made his Audi R8 super charged and a bunch of other boy racer fancy terms, and then went to fix something on his car his friend did something else and he get his arm caught in some belt. he has a mark now from it. You car peoples are a breed almost as scary as us horse peoples!
Lolz is true. That car makes absolutely no sense, yet I can't help loving her. She is like a living pet to me... I feel guilty because I have been neglecting her lately :cry: