It's a trap!

Come in, relax, play with your friends! You can find something for everybody here. You can even find threads with no particular point at all, other than a good time! You can even start up some role playing.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

It's a trap!

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Just felt like sharing a conversation with a new person I just met on IM.

(18:15:11) cristineawilkinsonfv: hi
(18:16:54) Rakuen Growlithe: hello
(18:17:07) cristineawilkinsonfv: where you been all day?
(18:17:19) Rakuen Growlithe: o.0
(18:17:42) cristineawilkinsonfv: heyy, I was looking for people to chat 2 I found u in the yahoo directory :)
(18:17:55) Rakuen Growlithe: aww youre a bot arent you
(18:18:09) cristineawilkinsonfv: Ok, now you really lost me?? bot???
(18:18:45) Rakuen Growlithe: It was an odd start to a conversation with a stranger
(18:19:08) cristineawilkinsonfv: My name is HannaKay and I love chatting with new people.. Where are you from?
(18:19:44) Rakuen Growlithe: wait, what yahoo directory?
(18:20:08) cristineawilkinsonfv: Nice Im 23 years old and i'm going to school to become a nurse.. Can i ask you a question?
(18:20:21) Rakuen Growlithe: let me guess its about your webcam?
(18:20:38) cristineawilkinsonfv: lol, do want to see me on my web cam?
(18:21:27) Rakuen Growlithe: well since your previous reply had nothing to do with the question I'm leaning to bot again and thats usually the next step
(18:21:51) cristineawilkinsonfv: i just got some new underwear, these short boy shorts on they make my booty look nice :) let me show u ok.. want to see it?
(18:22:54) Rakuen Growlithe: Won't it just look like a bunch of wires and circuit boards poking out?
(18:23:10) cristineawilkinsonfv: i'm on LINK REMOVED if u wanna watch me :)
(18:23:44) Rakuen Growlithe: At least irl you get sex before catching a virus. I'm not interested in virus for no reward. or virus at all really but not the point
(18:23:56) cristineawilkinsonfv: how big are you?
(18:24:20) Rakuen Growlithe: almost eight stories. had to move into an abandoned Russian nuclear silo.
(18:24:41) cristineawilkinsonfv: it's free just go there, you should see me, we can cam2cam ;)
(18:25:44) Rakuen Growlithe: Oh you were good at first but probably because there are limited things one says to a new person but you've really let it slip now. plus you're obviously hiding the real url
(18:26:04) cristineawilkinsonfv: yes im real chief
(18:26:38) Rakuen Growlithe: what does the sun feel like on your skin?
(18:27:05) cristineawilkinsonfv: it's totally safe and totally free. im a paid member on this site, and i have a few free invites left! i just gave u one!
(18:27:26) Rakuen Growlithe: ooh, thats the wrong answer. would you rather cuddle a screwdriver or a kitten?
(18:27:49) cristineawilkinsonfv: i think u need to put ur cc in, but i just gave u the free pass so u wont be charged to watch me
(18:28:06) Rakuen Growlithe: Someone failing the Turing test says what?
(18:28:28) cristineawilkinsonfv: if youu do decide to come you'll see me i'm on there right now n about to get naked LINK REMOVED
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Re: It's a trap!

Post by Leeward »

Rakuen wrote:Someone failing the Turing test says what?
I lol'd. :lol:

I heard somewhere that they tell you to delete them if you say "I'm 12" or "I'm underage" or some such.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Leeward wrote:I lol'd. :lol:

I heard somewhere that they tell you to delete them if you say "I'm 12" or "I'm underage" or some such.
Hmm... I'll have to try that. Which makes it sound like I get added by bots all the time. x.x Doesn't happen that often, but it's always disappointing.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Yeah, trolling the more intelligent bots can be fun, but trolling stupid bots is like doing stand-up comedy for toddlers.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

I've come across a few legitimately convincing bots in my time.

"Prove that you're not a bot!"
"How 'bout you prove that you're not a bot first."
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Sev wrote:I've come across a few legitimately convincing bots in my time.

"Prove that you're not a bot!"
"How 'bout you prove that you're not a bot first."
Really? Usually it's like one or two messages that are borderline but then they mess up very quickly and don't even try to reply. Plus they can't wait to send you a webcam link.

Though as a reply to that challenge, "You added me. No one would add someone they thought was a bot."
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

That's the advantage of going against academic rather than commercial bots; they're actually designed with the Turing Test in mind.