Ask Ivic!

Come in, relax, play with your friends! You can find something for everybody here. You can even find threads with no particular point at all, other than a good time! You can even start up some role playing.
Marotter
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Otter
Region: Limpopo and Mpumalanga

Re: Ask Ivic!

Post by Marotter »

I complimented my a friend on their epic mustache and now she doesn't want to talk to me... what do I do?
We don't have to take our clothes off, to have a good time.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

You complemented a girl on her "epic moustache"?
SnowDragon
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon

Post by SnowDragon »

Hehehe. That was brave of you.
Daylight dancer, Moonlit wonder;
Manifest upon the very gates of eden..
Marotter
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Otter
Region: Limpopo and Mpumalanga

Post by Marotter »

Well it was an epic mustache...
We don't have to take our clothes off, to have a good time.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

How would you go about "being yourself" in the sense of expressing your individuality, more so than you already are?

Why are some people impossible to please and incapable of agreeing on a compromise? They need a high-five... to the face... with a brick.
SnowDragon
Species: Dragon

Post by SnowDragon »

Why is it so hard to find really sour jellybeans?
Daylight dancer, Moonlit wonder;
Manifest upon the very gates of eden..
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Green Folf
Region: Gauteng

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

The Otter Guy wrote:I complimented my a friend on their epic mustache and now she doesn't want to talk to me... what do I do?
Take her to a barber shop for a shave.
Leeward wrote:How would you go about "being yourself" in the sense of expressing your individuality, more so than you already are?

Why are some people impossible to please and incapable of agreeing on a compromise? They need a high-five... to the face... with a brick.
I would be in a different job for one. One with a bit more freedom and room to grow and actually research as my job rather than my 'hobby'. Individuality is subjective. I'd like to rather not have a work face and a home face. I'd like to have my home face as my work face and be as candid as I usually am.

In respect to the agreeing and compromise, it is human nature in some who have not been able to unlearn it, or evolve past the need to be in control, compromise means a loss of control and a bending to a will. It is difficult for people to understand that compromise 'IS' in a sense more control. You are 'allowing' the person the 'favour' or at least that would be the way I would approach a situation with someone who is being unreasonable.
SnowDragon wrote:Why is it so hard to find really sour jellybeans?
There used to be really sour jellybeans a couple years back I think Beacon made them big red bag with jellybean caricatures in the characteristic "sour cry-face" it was discontinued I guess. I used to munch a bag like that in an evening and I wouldn't be able to feel my tongue. Was AWESOME. I also lament the discontinuation of sour apple jelly. :(
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Ivic-Wulfe wrote:There used to be really sour jellybeans a couple years back I think Beacon made them big red bag with jellybean caricatures in the characteristic "sour cry-face" it was discontinued I guess. I used to munch a bag like that in an evening and I wouldn't be able to feel my tongue. Was AWESOME. I also lament the discontinuation of sour apple jelly. :(
All the cool sweets disappeared. :( I remember those jellybeans too. I hear a lot of the stuff was removed because it wasn't healthy (what sweets are?) or used complex chemicals that people now moan about. That's apparently why Smarties are so dull now instead of shiny. Practically the only thing that has survived, which I'm very glad for, are Fizzers.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Elyk
Species: Flusky; fluffy husky/cat+husky

Post by Elyk »

Why does life like to screw up any plans I try to make?
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

zangelHusky wrote:Why does life like to screw up any plans I try to make?
Because life happens whether you made plans or not. The best way to deal with this is to roll with the punches and keep your head high.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Elyk
Species: Flusky; fluffy husky/cat+husky

Post by Elyk »

Why do people have such a bad outlook on the furry fandom, believe everything they read online,and refuse to change their minds even when it's spelt out to them?
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

Hey Ivic, in terms of aesthetics, what would be an ideal man for you? Try to give as much detail as you can (or want to) in an imaginary example you would find most attractive, rather than a set of acceptable criterions. Be sure to discuss height, build, complexion, hair, body hair, eye colour etc.

Now do the same but in terms of an ideal personality. Be sure to discuss mood, sensitivity, humor, playfulness, whether they are introverted or extroverted, etc.

lol, apologies for making this like a homework assignment. Answer as much as you like. :P
Hahaha! :lol:
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

zangelHusky wrote:Why do people have such a bad outlook on the furry fandom, believe everything they read online,and refuse to change their minds even when it's spelt out to them?
Essentially it is because it is considered to be a very 'strange' (to those people) culture. The issue stands that there are a few more 'unsavoury' things that are done by a very small group. People have the tendency to hate/dislike what they don't know. Consider the idea of the fact that many people hate gays or metal.

Essentially the same struggle. All I could say is don't be aggressive in your defense and just understand their position on the matter and leave it at that. As much as their opinion may be "skewed", it can only be made worse by flaming at others. It isn't good for communication. Show people that no matter what your disposition is, it doesn't change who you are. This was how I got a good colleague of mine to get over the fact that I came out to him. I told him, what I associate with does not change me.
Ryall wrote:Hey Ivic, in terms of aesthetics, what would be an ideal man for you? Try to give as much detail as you can (or want to) in an imaginary example you would find most attractive, rather than a set of acceptable criterions. Be sure to discuss height, build, complexion, hair, body hair, eye colour etc.

Now do the same but in terms of an ideal personality. Be sure to discuss mood, sensitivity, humor, playfulness, whether they are introverted or extroverted, etc.
O_O;
>///>;

Why would you make me do this...?

For aesthetics...I can't really answer that. It isn't about aesthetics with me. But I guess either a bit taller or my height. Dark hair or a dusty blonde (and if they have that new comb-over freakshow hairdo I will be there with a razor) blue or green eyes. athletic but not overtly 'built' as much as sixpacks are 'sexy' I can't say I like em. Aesthetically displeasing to have a guy all bulgy. I like strong jawlines.

Personality...smart, quick-witted, a good-guttered mind so that I can continue all my sexual innuendos. Less sexually driven and more 'sensually' driven the journey is far better than the destination. Ability to talk bullshit and intellectually in the same conversation. I tend to be all over the place in a conversation so someone who enjoys spontaneity and being spontaneous and not mind long nights chatting over a drink. (I don't mind if they don't drink but they must accept that I do) I love cuddling. Must also be able to take initiative but not be pushy about it (<--VERY important).

Talk about your disparate fields of answers >_< I'm gonna go...and...do something that will distract me from this...
Asbjorn-phoenix
Papa Bear
Species: FireBear - Bear Phoenix hybrid

Post by Asbjorn-phoenix »

1. Are hybrid furries cooler than singular fursonas?

2. If someone was to come on to you, what would be the best come on to get a positive response from you?
If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear,
if you've something to hide you shouldn't be here.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Asbjorn-phoenix wrote:1. Are hybrid furries cooler than singular fursonas?

2. If someone was to come on to you, what would be the best come on to get a positive response from you?
1. Hybrids are awesome. Mix and match the parts and the personality traits to what suits you best or just fool around with it. But there's nothing wrong with being a 'pure-blood'. Variety is the spice of life.

2. >_>; personally...I find anything of the sort a bit awkward I guess...for a positive response just try to get to know me and allow me a similar ability to do so with the person. I tend not to have game or notice when people are really coming on to me most of the time. <_<; last night was an exception because a couple of guys were a bit...hands-on...*shivers* so I got the message...
SirenLeo
Species: Snox (Snow leopard/ Fox)

Post by SirenLeo »

Forgetting appearances, forgetting sex and gender. What are you looking for right now?
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

SirenLeo wrote:Forgetting appearances, forgetting sex and gender. What are you looking for right now?
Nothing...I kinda realized I don't really want to look that hard, I am far better off having the friends I have now. I'm playing the fool, the tease if you will, but actively, I want nothing more than the group of people who I have had the amazing pleasure of meeting.

Relationships ruin friendships and distract me from what I want to do right now. I can't do the meet and greet which turns to bump and grind. Essentially I would rather get to know someone, find out how they are as a friend and maybe only then consider taking it further.

I'm a goofball and right now I don't exactly know what I want. Not even in grey terms which is, as you know, where I do the majority of my thinking.

(Edit) this train of thought is beginning to search my soul... o.O
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

What is the best way to prove one's love beyond all doubt?
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Leeward wrote:What is the best way to prove one's love beyond all doubt?
This is essentially one of the toughest questions around and I would have to say it depends on your mate. I would assume anything short of proposing or promise rings...but that in itself is an outdated form and I know a few furs who have been engaged before and then have been cheated on or left. (I add myself as a two-time candidate in that past category).

Romeo and Juliet answer: Have your friend killed and kill the man that killed him, get exiled, come back after hearing your love has died and then ensure that a double suicide ensues.

It also depends on what the person you're with knows how you love, I'm sure that many men would say there are specific taboo acts that they would like to have done to them in protest as 'if you love me' but that isn't right either.

To be fair love needs to be shown without the need of some price-tag. Rings cost money, dinner costs money and if money is easy to get by then it doesn't mean 'love' as it wasn't difficult to obtain in the first place. More elaborate is not in direct correlation to more love. In fact it feels like a cop-out.

Personally...I'd find it squee-worthy if I was given something that showed me all the things we'd done together and that includes whatever fights we'd had and pointed out that even though these happened, that we stayed together despite it.
SirenLeo
Species: Snox (Snow leopard/ Fox)

Post by SirenLeo »

We know sometimes in relationships one person loves more than the other...... what if Juliet didn't love Romeo enough to kill herself as well (yes I realise I will pay for this)
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

SirenLeo wrote:We know sometimes in relationships one person loves more than the other...... what if Juliet didn't love Romeo enough to kill herself as well (yes I realise I will pay for this)
Knowing Shakespeare, she probably would have had to face the wrath of the Montagues and died anyway.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Everybody brings up good points, but there are much simpler ways to prove your love...

Just sayin'. A lot of guys sure would appreciate such a sentiment. >_>
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Leeward wrote:
SirenLeo wrote:We know sometimes in relationships one person loves more than the other...... what if Juliet didn't love Romeo enough to kill herself as well (yes I realise I will pay for this)
Knowing Shakespeare, she probably would have had to face the wrath of the Montagues and died anyway.
"I am fortunes fool" It was meant to be a melodrama. To show that things born out of chaos will die similarly. "Love moderately" as Friar Lawrence would say
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Contrast wrote:Everybody brings up good points, but there are much simpler ways to prove your love...

[Bondage gear]

Just sayin'. A lot of guys sure would appreciate such a sentiment. >_>
Yeah...that was what I was referring to here:

"It also depends on what the person you're with knows how you love, I'm sure that many men would say there are specific taboo acts that they would like to have done to them in protest as 'if you love me' but that isn't right either."

I mean taboo in the sense that if you aren't into it it may be rather scary
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

However important it may be, sex (and related practices) isn't all there is to a relationship. Feeling appreciated is a big factor, especially for guys who are more emotionally complex than stereotypical simple-to-please Joe Average. But yeah, trying new things can have a positive effect.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

Dear Ivic-Wulfie,

If you were given the option of living indefinitely, 'forever young,' would you take it? Would your answer change if you could also grant this immortality to one other person?

Kind regards,
Ryall Hyena
Hahaha! :lol:
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Ryall wrote:Dear Ivic-Wulfie,

If you were given the option of living indefinitely, 'forever young,' would you take it? Would your answer change if you could also grant this immortality to one other person?

Kind regards,
Ryall Hyena
Good evening Mr Hyena,

I am pleased to announce that the passage of time is a necessity for our functionality. Finality is what makes us human. Even if I had the option I would most probably have to pass.

Thank you for your inquiry, it was much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Ivic Wulfe
Dire wolf
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: howler

Post by Dire wolf »

All right stop, Collaborate and listen
Dire is back with my brand new Question
Something grabs a hold of me tightly
Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly
Will it ever stop?
This is your life, good to the last drop
Doesn't get any better than this
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Dire wolf wrote:All right stop, Collaborate and listen
Dire is back with my brand new Question
Something grabs a hold of me tightly
Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly
Will it ever stop?
'Puter says no
Asbjorn-phoenix
Papa Bear
Species: FireBear - Bear Phoenix hybrid

Post by Asbjorn-phoenix »

Dear Ivic.
If night were day and day were night would dragons become confused?
Or could dragons cause this scenario to happen?
If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear,
if you've something to hide you shouldn't be here.