dream catcher

Come in, relax, play with your friends! You can find something for everybody here. You can even find threads with no particular point at all, other than a good time! You can even start up some role playing.
Franky
The Bad Guy
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox
Region: Gauteng

Re: dream catcher

Post by Franky »

Recently every morning I dream something exceptionally great happened such as winning the lotto or something only to wake up and find myself in the same location having to go to work. It's extremely vivid and I hate it. I'll consider nightmares over this. :x
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Okay, I had an exceptionally weird dream last night.

Jean Claude van Damme and Alan (the dude from Two and a Half Men) were an elite duo of Ghost Busters. They were tasked to transport a heavily spray-tanned Arnold Schwarzenegger up a river via broken log (yes, a broken log) to a secret underground military laboratory so he could defeat a race of aliens with a victory pose. They reached the lab, Arnold jumped up, flashed a thumbs up and said "Aliens only attack Arnold ONCE!!"
The I woke up.

Seriously, what kind of dream was that? I wasn't even in it!
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

I had the most horrible dream last night. I dreamed that all my favourite yiffy pics were up on my walls in HUGE posters. It was awesome, at first, but then my entire family materialized out of nowhere! There was much gasping and screaming and WTF'ing, and I was desperately trying to quell the situation while my family members looked at me like I was a freak. It was terrible. D:
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

I had a dream that one of my friend's dads molested me while I was at a lan there, in full view of my friends, who just stared in shock. I really gotta get my head checked out...
Mew?
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

jacojerb wrote:I had a dream that one of my friend's dads molested me while I was at a lan there, in full view of my friends, who just stared in shock. I really gotta get my head checked out...
I wouldn't do that. Your probably just fine the way you are. Besides, what if you get a shrink like Freud.
[REDACTED]
Asbjorn-phoenix
Papa Bear
Species: FireBear - Bear Phoenix hybrid

Post by Asbjorn-phoenix »

I have a dream that wakes me up every morning at 3:30, in the beginning because I was crying, but too personal to put here besides this is the fun and siliness thread...

When I lived in Bloemfintein we lived accross the road from a piece of veld, my strangest recurring dream was our house being invaded by a herd of buffalo and going to hide under my bed (which is a modern base set about 5cm off the floor) and while lying under the bed a buffalo comes sniffing and snorting around the bed, I can see steam being emitted from its nostrils then I wake up... Never did figure that one out.
If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear,
if you've something to hide you shouldn't be here.
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

Your dream would be awesome if it was the other way round. You just sleeping in your bed, when this heard of mini buffaloes (5cm size) charges out from under your bed.....
[REDACTED]
rusted hydra
Cannibal
Sexual preference: Bi

Post by rusted hydra »

I intended to take a nap but it went on into sleep. And so I had this dream: I was sitting at a bar/hangout of some sort, images of supernatural devices and beings kept flashing up, specifically one device I had built and used to create myself a child(and said child). and suddenly I realized the one I built (a sort of pyramid/door with a circle thing on top completely made of stars) had reactivated. I rushed home on foot, walking fast up a road. when I looked up I could see billions of green stars in the night sky. then I was in my house, my child was sitting at a table doing something. I walked through to my room, the door was open and green light shined through the door, inside on a table was the device glowing green. I ran to the windows to close them and shut the curtains but then I woke up.
CourteousCastellan

Post by CourteousCastellan »

Recently I had a dream where I was some kind of mage whose magic didn't always work, which was pretty annoying. Half the dream I was trying to cast awesome spells, but I just couldn't. My sister was some kind of Scandinavian viking prince who looked like he belonged in some kind of heavy metal band. I have no idea why my sister was a man in my dream. :?

Regardless, it was my mission to protect her from some kind of evil demons because she(he?) was on some kind of super important journey. Funnily enough this fantasy world with knights and mages also had blocks of flats and asphalt roads. So we travelled along this highway until we reached a castle/tower of some sort, but then the bad guys attacked and this knight who was with us got wounded. They were bombing the tower and it was falling apart, but luckily I found a horse in one of the rooms at the top(?) and even more luckily I was able to speak horse(!?) and so I could convince it to help us escape. It wasn't an anthro horse or anything. Just a regular old horse. In a tower.

That was an odd dream.
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

I had a really weird dream. Was playing a game with Dasc, on pc. Was actually quite a fun game. Basically a furry Chivalry meets skyrim (like chivalry, but with weapons and magic from skyrim, with an awesome combat system). So, we were having fun, until something weird happened
A NPC joined the game. A witch. He was totally badass, and kept killing me in horrible ways. He shot a huge fireball out of an axe before proceeding to stab it through my guts. Me and Dasc just couldn't compete. Once, I kept pushing him to a wall. Had a deadruc dagger and a big shield, and proceeded to shield bash and slice him till he was up against a wall. He somehow disarmed us both, I managed to get a hand around his neck and pin him to the wall like that, and repeatedly hit him with my other hand. He just let out a screech that killed me.
Also, for what it's worth, even though I could just see what's on screen, I knew it was a pc. Remember having to press the number keys to switch weapons, and tab to check the score. The last score I can remember seeing was Dasc: 1300, me: 999 and him: 666.

I don't dream often, but when I do dream, it's sooooo weird...
Mew?
CourteousCastellan

jacojerb wrote:He just let out a screech that killed me.
Haxorz. I hope you kicked him from the match.

I couldn't help but noticing that his score is 666, whilst yours is 999. So he's the devil, and you're the anti-devil? So you're God, then? Either that, or you're really smart.
Jeez, so vain. :P
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

CourteousCastellan wrote:

I couldn't help but noticing that his score is 666, whilst yours is 999. So he's the devil, and you're the anti-devil? So you're God, then? Either that, or you're really smart.
Man is five, the devil is six..... that must make me seven!
[REDACTED]
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

CourteousCastellan wrote:

I really didn't get that either. No clue how the scoring system worked to allow that, but that's what I remember from my dream

And it was at a closed lan. He shouldn't have been able to join anyway. But yeah. I guess I never even tried to kick him
Mew?
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

Oh yeah. Had another dream last night. Which is odd, cause I never used to dream much...

So, in this dream, I was playing soccer. But it was totally not a fair game. For one, my team had to play uphill, and for two, their goal was behind a barrier and facing the wrong way. The score was 13-1 at the end
Mew?
CourteousCastellan

I can't help but noticing that both dreams where in succession and contained very similar elements.
CourteousCastellan

I think I scared people off of posting in the thread. :?
I'm not actually psychoanalysing you guys, hey.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Lol even if you were, I don't think anyone would mind.

I just had a dream in which I was smoking a cigarette, and when it was done I threw it on the ground and stomped it. I have never smoked one (only cigars, on very rare occasions), and I hate people who litter.
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

This was a dream I had quite some time ago, but I didn't post it. Thought I would now. Now the start of the dream is a lil too blurry for me to remember clearly but I was a dragon(green, wore scraps) at some place called The Oracle Plains. some point there I met a princess (human, small tits, green hair, nice hips, plain clothing) who was running away from her father the emperor. she gets caught by some royal servants(not too sure who or what) and taken away.
And so I went through a big blurr of a venture, meeting people in a steampunk city with a lot of pipes everywhere and finding out who the princess was and where the palace was where she was being kept.
Apparently she didn't want to live there, she was suffering and she was sort of the 'black sheep' of the emperor's many children.
So then I find the palace and meet with a person that got me into the palace disguised as a guest of the ball that was going on. Now comes the part that is a lot clearer in my memory. So I meet up with this fat man(as in perfect round fat) in a business suit who started telling me how to get to the princess.
"Oh to get to her you must disguise yourself as one of the staff, to do so you must go into the accounts books..."
"and change some values?" I interrupted
"Nooo! you must go waaaay back in time to when the great titan Cronus rose and made the emperor the emperor, there you will be able to make yourself one of the staff and..." this point I stopped paying attention to him. Because I noticed the way to her was blocked off by a gate, and said gate didn't extend to the ceiling.
(And I kid you not) I just thought: 'fuck that. I'm a dragon.' and flew over the gate. Behind the gate I snuck past two security guards (who were horses) and started searching when suddenly I ran into the emperor. I thought 'shit I'm caught' but the emperor was too shitface drunk from the ball he thought I was a member of staff. So I got away from him and found where they were keeping the princess.
It was a maze, I flew up onto the walls of the maze and searched for her. I found her crawling on the ground crying, dirty and starving, trying to get out of a mess of tripwires.
I flew down and picked her up and put her on top of the walls. Then there was a bucket of water and I started flinging water at circuits and cameras to break them. We then ran for an emergency exit and next moment we were outside away from the palace. She was running on foot and I was flying n circling above on watch, we were nearing the oracle plains, we were free.
Then I woke up.
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

Epic dream, Sakul!

Kinda needs a part 2 xD
Mew?
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

Yea I have some fantastic dreams, but they come with a downside. I have had some pretty bad dreams. Not to mention some dreams seem to pick away at my sanity (even some nice dreams seem to succeed in doing this as well)
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

My dreams scare me sometimes. It has happened before that my dreams actually come true, on multiple occasions. Met people in dreams 6 months before I really met them. But it's definitely the same person...
Mew?
CourteousCastellan

jacojerb wrote:My dreams scare me sometimes. It has happened before that my dreams actually come true, on multiple occasions. Met people in dreams 6 months before I really met them. But it's definitely the same person...
That used to happen to me when I was very young. It was especially worrying because in those days I also used to get a lot of dreams where my entire family would die gruesome deaths. I would always hope that those ones aren't the ones that actually happen.
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

Wooow. Had an epic dream

In my dream, I was sleeping too. In my dreams "dream" I woke up in some woods. A few dogs saw me and attacked. I jumped, and noticed low gravity. So I jumped to avoid them. Eventually one bit me. There was a little blood, but no pain. Soon after, I jumped very high. Was like zooming out on a map. Aimed for where my house was

Landed in a city that was very viking-ish. I recognised it as my own. Soon I ran into some people I know. Among them was Dasc. I greeted him. He was surprised to see me, saying I already went to bed.

I explained that this was my spirit, and that my body. Someone soon confirmed my sleeping body

I was tangible. But couldn't feel pain. Could feel other things though. So, in the end, me and Dasc ended up getting yiffy... him with my spirit

I don't even believe in a "spirit" irl. But this was a very fun dream xD
Mew?
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

Had another dream this morning (wow, I'm dreaming often lately. Used to not dream at all)

Basically, in it, I woke up somewhere in August last year. Then I started stressing that I'd need to re-live this last year. First of all, how do I explain to people how I have lived all that before. Second, how do I not screw it up. A lot of great stuff has happened to me, that I never expected to happen. Knowing that it will happen, might change it...

Basically, weird nightmare. Very weird nightmare
Mew?
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

There's only one thing to do in a situation like that. Just say "F**k it!" and stuff an entire twinkie in your mouth like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. :P
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

I dreamed I was at a rave? Think it may have been a "flashback" to a bad time. I really didn't like it there.

But then she came. She was short, slightly chubby girl with black hair. She took me away from there to a calm place. She asked me to come to another party. I woke up, and fell asleep again. I was then at a place. there was a fire, and some of her friends, it was nice quiet and calm.

She ran to me and tackled/hugged me. Letting loose a high pitched squeal and saying 'thanks for coming'. She showed me her friends. She occasionally made cat sounds aswell.

I couldn't stay there forever. I had to wake up. I have work. But when my eyes closed for a second she was there, welcoming me back.

I asked her: please. I have to wake up. Please. Be here when I dream again and save me.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I've been having a recurring nightmare that I was being forced to go back to high school because due to a clerical error I had never been told that I had failed matric maths, and had to pass it before I could continue my life any further. That meant going through the entire course again; and if I didn't, my degree would be invalidated. Of course consciously I know it's completely ridiculous (I passed matric with 9 A's) but when you're dreaming you can't tell the difference because it plays with your deepest fears and insecurities. Talk about overachiever problems.
Elyk
Species: Flusky; fluffy husky/cat+husky
Region: Western Cape

Post by Elyk »

Let's get this written down while is still sorta fresh. I don't remember much, from what I can remember everyone was asking me about my BBM display picture (same one I have here) and I had to keep explaining that I'm a furry. And then certain ones clearly didn't get it, because they started saying that they'll get me back to normal. Strangest dream for me in a while.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Last night I dreamt that I was making herb shortbread cookies with my mom, only the "herb" was weed and she thought it was rosemary the entire time. I was half-laughing, half-anxious that she would realise what was going on.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

I have been having ridiculously weird dreams recently. They pretty much always involve Taka and I in some or another capacity.

Last night, people believed that I had died, but, in reality, I was simply hiding from my family who were doing evil things. During this time, Taka found another boyfriend; a so called "Michael". My two goals were to ascertain whether or not he had mourned me, and also to try and get him back. I was not going to forfeit my life partner because of some misunderstanding.

During this dream, there were also lots of weird side stories involving cousins, toys, and pet stores. And it distinctly felt like TimeShift meets Mortal Kombat, with regards to the "gameplay": the ability to freeze time, and brutal melee combat respectively.