dream catcher

Come in, relax, play with your friends! You can find something for everybody here. You can even find threads with no particular point at all, other than a good time! You can even start up some role playing.
snow
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: white snow wolf
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

dream catcher

Post by snow »

Well here I go, how many of you can remeber your dreams when you wake up and you wish it could have lastted a little longger or maybe you just a little shortter, woke up before hitting the floor... Tells us your story from dream land.

I once had a dream not to long ago I was in the zone from the game called s.t.a.l.k.e.r and it was awesome felt so free and look and fightting the enemy with paintballs guns witch was a lol! And then I woke up for the alarm then that was the end.
what is a wolf? Strength, wisdom, loyalty, courage.

Things have changed.

http://dagobah.net/flash/Aoi_Furrysh_2.swf this is how it goes....

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/snow007/
Obsidian
Species: Dragon
Region: Gauteng

Re: dream catcher

Post by Obsidian »

Mine are mostly do with flying :P

Think the worst one i had this year was dreaming bout having finished 3rd year (dream started one the 24 Noc 2012) and passed EVERYTHING i was like oh yeah! im awesome :D holiday time

woke up, saw it was march and tried to will myself dead
It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, especially if you live near him.

Always be yourself..... Unless you can be a Dragon, then always be a Dragon
Venic Dragon
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snake/Dragon hybrid

Post by Venic Dragon »

I had a dream many years ago. I was in a huge house. It wasn't furnished or anything. Completely lit up. I could feel something was wrong, i could feel something Evil in the house. I walked into the lounge area and saw a room on the opposite side. It was completely dark. I couldn't see into it at all. As i walked closer, that feeling got stronger and stronger. I went into the room and i could see everything. The light was on, the windows were open, But that feeling was over whelming. I ran out of the room, I looked back and the room was dark again.

I had this dream multiple times in my life. Once the darkness in the room was growing out of it, like roots.
I am who I am.......... I am not Evil........ I am not Holy........ I am MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
Wait, is that a Wolf? *sneaks up on Grayhound and pounces* MY PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!
Grayhound
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolf-Keidran

Post by Grayhound »

Any time I am able to Lucid dream would have to come under that category of wishing it had lasted longer. Being able to shape your own dreams is a truly magical experience.

As for wishing it was a little shorter, hmm, does sleep paralysis count because I used to suffer from that quite badly.....if not then I guess there was this one dream where (and I know this will sound stupid but i'm being serious) there were credits, words flashing across my vision too fast to read while everything including myself stood immobile. I would have preferred that to be shorter as it had been a nightmare before then and I had a horrible sensation that the murderous aliens (don't ask) were right behind me.
True love is real, sometimes it just happens in unexpected places.
I do what I must; not because i'm certain of my own sense of justice, but because i'm not certain of anyone elses.
Obsidian
Species: Dragon

Post by Obsidian »

Well ive heard of this lucid dreaming from some friends and as soon as anyone mentions the words "sleep paralysis" I say screw that :P

sleep paralysis + claustrophobia makes a certain dragon freak the **** out :? (dunno if ur the same)

Must say u guys have some horrible dreams, horrow movie stuff, mb take some lessons on leaving stress behind before u hit the pillow :D? know it works for me
It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, especially if you live near him.

Always be yourself..... Unless you can be a Dragon, then always be a Dragon
Grayhound

Post by Grayhound »

The sleep paralysis came long before the lucid dreaming with me. Although having suffered so regularly from it and having to deal with it by realizing I was dreaming helped me to learn to lucid dream. Yeah it freaked me out before I knew how to stop it but now knowing what to do with sleep paralysis (just focus on wiggling your toes) I rarely have it anymore, but that ability to realize you're dreaming stays with you forever, definatly all for the best in my opinion.
I do what I must; not because i'm certain of my own sense of justice, but because i'm not certain of anyone elses.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

LOL! @ Obsidian's dream :lol:. I know the feeling!

Last night I dreamt amongst other things that VoxLupus and I went to the aquarium! Vox, we should go to the aquarium... :P

My dreams are quite interesting usually. The above dream was unusually tame and vague by my dreams' standards. Often I will end up either flying, turning into something (an anthro if I am lucky), murdering someone, or I end up dying in some heroic way. They are usually quite intricate and detailed as well. Here's an example of one I had at the end of last year.

I dreamt that I was born into a clan of dragon hunters. During the initiation process, the initiates, including myself, were tasked with journeying alone into some nearby mountains - where some lesser drakes had been spotted - to hunt down and kill a 'dragon' each on our own.

We had been trained our whole lives for this purpose (how cliche), and used mainly bows, snares and hunting spears.

During my journey through the mountains, having spotted other initiates and the occasional drake only briefly, I eventually found some cracks in the mountain side leading to an unusual clearing where I was met by an ancient dragon of immense power. The dragon did not kill me however, but instead revealed to me that I was a dragon. After forcing me to transform into my true form, the dragon gave me a crash course in flying, and speculated as to the nature of what my dragon powers might be (different dragons had different powers unique to them).

After transforming back into my human form I started the journey back home. on the way, a rival initiate, whom I despised, confronted me. He had been following me during my initiation, hoping that I would lead him to some drake to kill. As a result, he had spied my meeting with that greater dragon, and had seen my true form. He then attacked me.

With my innate dragon strength, skill in the use of pole-arms, and a rather spontaneous transformation half-way through the fight, I was able to overpower him and beat him to a pulp. As if leaving him physically crippled wasn't enough, I by chance discovered the nature of some of my dragon powers: I launched a psychic assault on his very consciousness. He fought desperately but his will was weak, and the onslaught subsequently destroyed his mind. I left him to die a vegetable on top of the mountain.

I returned home to my family, and the clan, where in secrecy I would start discovering more about my true nature.

The dream ended right there. Damn it reality, why must you be so mundane!?
Hahaha! :lol:
Venic Dragon
Species: Snake/Dragon hybrid

Post by Venic Dragon »

I've also had quite a few dreams about flying and falling. The falling dreams i always wake up very quick, after a jolt through my whole body like a twitch. Flying, I always had to run really fast before i could fly. Although i couldn't control it, so i'd end up going too high. Well i could control it to a point, then it would get out of my control and i'd end up WAY to high.

Also one dream i remember from when i was a child. Very odd. It was myself, Mickey, Goofy and Donald. An evil version of them as well. Satan and God. Satan had me in his arms, I hit him on the head with a hammer and i ran to God. I can't remember what Mickey, Donald and Goffy were doing. But i remember running from Satan and into Gods arms, very well.

Other than all those, I don't remember any other dreams. I don't dream anymore. I just black out. :shock:
I am who I am.......... I am not Evil........ I am not Holy........ I am MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
Wait, is that a Wolf? *sneaks up on Grayhound and pounces* MY PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Flying in dreams is such an awesome sensation: especially when you go fast, and just above the treeline of a forest.

@ Darth Drakon, you should have given Satan a chance. He seems very misunderstood; he could actually be a really nice guy if you got to know him!

God's a jerk. He tells people to sacrifice their own children as a joke then at the last minute is like, "stop omg lol, can't believe u actually nearly did that! I just wanted to see if you would do it - I didn't think you actually would!"
Durosuka
Species: Liger

Post by Durosuka »

Lucid dreaming is very hard to attain, but once you have it you can almost never lose it.

I am still trying to get into it. I'm keeping a dream journal to see if there are nay recurring patterns that I could possibly recognise whilst in a dream to attain lucidity.

One of my more memorable dreams happened last year.

I remember it starting in what seemed like a flat block. My best friend was a furry in this dream. a tiger. He was an orphan and had no other family, I sort of became like a brother to him which was awesome. the two of us just ran around having fun for some time before more background information started occurring. We were living in very poor conditions, there was an oppression and we were on the oppressed side. the oppressors were like this dark government group that ruled the whole world.

In this dream there was also a resistance group comprised mostly of furries. me and my tiger buddy found there calling card and believed that we were chosen to join the resistance. sadly we were ambushed by an agent of the government. We ran through some buildings but got stuck behind a gate of some kind. It was locked and we couldn't find the key code. I could hear the footsteps of the agent in the hallway. I touched my fingers to electrical cables connected to the gate and it flung open. so for some reason I had a special gift that allowed me to sort of manipulate technology.

once we were out of the building we ran into someone that beckoned us to come along as they knew an escape rout. we followed this person for a while and then reached what looked like a group of people at a dinner table or something. then the dream ended

there is more to the dream that I wrote down in my dream journal but I'm too lazy to go dig it out now. I'm thinking of taking it and turning it into a furry story.

Me, My furry friend and the resistance fighting the evil government for freedom for furries and humans alike
Time to change
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

I had an incredibly weird dream once. I dreamt I was inside a strange house. My sisters were throwing a huge party in one of the rooms, but I had more "important" things to do. I was on my back, underneath a chair, and there were all these thorns stuck on the bottom of this chair. I pulled them out one by one and placed them on the floor. The thorns then thanked me kindly and hopped off to join the party (seriously, how weird is that?). I then got up to join to party as well, but there was a Rastafarian blocking the door. I asked him to get out of the way, but then he took a huge gulp of air and started to hold his breath. He just stood there, his cheeks puffed out and his face turning blue.
Then I woke up.
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

This is a dream I had some time near the end of last year(Sorry this is quite long), I dreamed that I was a green scaled dragon(just a plain anthro drake) in plain mainstream school and I had a crush on this other crimson scaled dragoness( gosh she was beautiful, she wore a bikini top and baggy shorts, she had medium length black hair) and in the dream my friend, a fox(really short fellow), tricked me to give her a letter from him (Sadly I did not know the contents of the letter) in which he said to her that I had feelings for her.
I then found myself on a beach, she was standing in the sea(just at the point where her knees were submerged) playing about with the water, looking at the beautiful sunset that was drowning everything in an orange-red light. I nervously approached her, wading into the sea(my heart pounding faster and faster at coming close) said hello and gave her the letter. I stood oblivious of the information contained in the letter( Hyperventilating softly and drooling(figuratively) of the sight of her ) as she read it. When she finished reading it she had a big smile on her face and giggled as she came right up close to me, she whispered something, something like 'I know you love me' and 'You're really cute'.
She then moved in, coming in real close for a kiss, I became paralyzed, breath caught. Just an inch away it all froze and I awoke. then I cried.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

I once had a dream that i was at my primary school, and we were having a cross country horse riding event through the school. I was on a black horse i didnt know and we were winning until my diving coach pulled me off him right before the finish line and dragged me away. I got locked in my teachers office, and it was like lunch time so no one was arounf, and she proceeded to do "eebil" things to me. I tried to fight her off but she kept yelling at me to tuck tighter and learn to twist better (i know i know, it's diving okay). I kept trying to read the sign on the desk below me, and i couldnt, becuase it was in french and i only a bit of it. I also had a spider (a recluse*cantspell*) on me, and i freaked out and real life i brushed it off of me hitting my father in the face because he was, in reality, leaning over me trying to wake me up. I didn;t go to diving the next day and found out that my coach had been in a nasty accident where one of my team mates had been killed and Loredana was badly injured (a truck tried to make her back seats the front). I felt terrible for dreaming that and she became my mentor and a few other things.... i miss her....
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Grayhound

Post by Grayhound »

This will probably make me sound like a gaming addict, but in the buildup to an awesome game's release, I start dreaming about the game....about buying it, about playing it, etc.....last night I started dreaming about playing Assassins Creed Revelations in build up to the AC3 release....le sigh....only 4 more months of these dreams to go....
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

There was an interesting letter published in this month's NAG about Gaming dreams. He sounds like an intelligent fellow. And I'm sure that whole Noob quote was taken entirely out of context!

I'm just saying... :?
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

Had a funny dream, dreamped I was a monster, was creeping bout the darkness, stealing, killing, ectra, untill I was caut and put in an ausylum, strangely the only thing I could think in my prison was that I hoped my girlfriend would still love me and come visit me (even though I didn't have one).
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Post by Faanvolla »

I had my usual post vacation dream this week.

I was tied to a cold metal table whilst all the teachers slowly cut off all my hair and give lessons.
*shudders*
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Aw man, Vega mentioned sad dreams which reminded me of one I had, not surprisingly, after watching 'The Next 3 Days.' If you've watched the movie, it's a pretty similar story (not all of my dreams.

I dreamt that VoxLupus had been falsely accused of some crime and that he was sentenced to life imprisonment. For the next few years, I would visit him almost every day, until one day, a few years later, I got a phonecall. It was the police phoning from a state hospital: struggling to cope with the harshness of prison life, and the reality of a lifetime-incarceration, Vox had cracked and had made an attempt on his own life. He was in a critical condition, but he recovered.

Despite Vox having implored me to move on with my life, I could not, and made a decision after that visit to hospital that I would break him out of prison, and that we would escape the country together.

That's where the similarities with the movie stopped.

Well, anyway, long-story-short after an action-packed few weeks as fugitives, we were finally atop the roof of some apartment block. In the ensuing confrontation, there was an explosion; I shielded Vox against the blast, was mortally wounded, and died on the scene in his arms...

That made me emo.

Not the first time a dream has been inspired by a movie for me though: I remember charging from landing-craft onto Omoha Beach, along with all my schoolmates, on D-Day after watching Saving Private Ryan! :P
VoxLupus
Species: FuzzDragon

Post by VoxLupus »

I almost cried the first time you told me that story...

Why do you keep reminding me of it?! :(
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Yeah it made me emo too. :(

Oh well, it was a good story! :P You should watch the movie sometime: it had a much happier ending! ;)
Acynnonyx
Species: Cheetah

Post by Acynnonyx »

Once I had a dream but I cant remember too good, it was about fly and things like that, the interesthing of this is that I woke up in the middle of it and went to the bathroom then I returned to sleep and the dream continued where it was interrupted. According to a friend this is extremely difficult to happen ~_~

Other one was a war with Aliens, too scary but inconsistent that I woke up cause I couldnt belive it
Let the good times roll
Aeowyn
Species: Percheron

Post by Aeowyn »

I dream of flying all the time. sometimes I have to flap my arms to go anywhere, sometimes it's basically like a jump with extra hangtime, sometimes I can just glide through the air at will, sometimes I need a "broomstick" to fly on (and it can be ANYTHING basically cylindrical, one time it was a permanent marker that I was trying to fly on) and usually I can't maintain more than a minute or so of flight before gravity sucks me down again. only once did I summon a cloud thing to sit on, and I was able to fly perfectly, hover etc without the slightest difficulty. I usually never fly higher than about 10 ft up, dunno why.
once I dreamed I was being chased around by a regenerating zombie steam train and I eventually escape by hiding on top of a curtainrail. still trying to figure that one out myself...
I'm all that's left of a BIZARRE childhood
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

I just had a weird dream.
Me and Alvor (the smith from Riverwood) were walking down the road to Windhelm when three giants attacked us. We ran for our lives (yes, it was one of those "being chased" dreams). I knew the only way for me to survive was to outrun Alvor, but he was so fast! That's when I realized Alvor was a vampire! And those giants kept reaching for me with those long arms of theirs...
*Shudders*
Rags_Wox
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: wolf fox

Post by Rags_Wox »

i had a dream that i was dreaming about a dream that i had dreamed when i used to dream.....

sorry. where were we?
We don't always wrestle our inner demons. Sometimes we just cuddle
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Species: Dog (Vampire)

Post by Faanvolla »

Ragnarok wrote:i had a dream that i was dreaming about a dream that i had dreamed when i used to dream.....
Dreamception...
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

I dreamed I hulked out at the shopping mall and smashed a bench with a potted plant. Then I got arrested. :?
Kalium_Puceon
Species: Duiker!
Mastodon: pleroma.site/kalium

Post by Kalium_Puceon »

I have an odd dream that comes round twice a year, once in february and again in October- It is never exactly the same, the theme changes and a few new characters appear every year. The dream is in a series lasting between one to 3 weeks and most recently was Pokemon themed- It always involves my school with modifications placed on the upper Prefabs and the field- in this case it was a fortress ruled by darkrai at the prefabs and a field covered in 216 mines- Half were concealed voltorbs on self destruct, the other half were actual mineral mines- these dreams also include another- usually purple and green- far off planet and a racetrack back on a solar system body, this year it was charon, the moon of pluta
"You never get over the desire to do stupid things. You simply have to overrule your stupid urges with an acquired sense of fear."
-Dr. Richard Weisiger

Contact Me!
My Github! | My Twitter! | My Tumblr | Hit me up as Kalium on foonetic IRC!
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

i had a dream the other day that this lady at my office, she's kinda big, any way she was standing there with triplets, and i asked her who she stole them from, and she was like "they're mine" and i was like no ways.... then she slapped me and stormed off... about half a minute later this girl i used to have a crush on was asking me why i never asked her out... and then i fell off my bakkie and woke up....
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
jacojerb
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

I keep getting ultra-realistic dreams which I keep confusing with memories later on... For example, once had a dream of my sis telling me our English teacher's getting married. Later congratulated the teacher, was really awkward hearing that no such thing as a wedding ever existed...
Mew?
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

I dreamed I was some kind of demon/monster/cat/charr/thing, xept unlike my bretherin I was leaner and smaller with smaller horns (I had a mixed dark brown and black furr). Even though I was rather unintimidating as others it didnt take me long to prove I was a better leader and much better at sneaking.