dream catcher

Come in, relax, play with your friends! You can find something for everybody here. You can even find threads with no particular point at all, other than a good time! You can even start up some role playing.
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox
Region: Gauteng

Re: dream catcher

Post by jacojerb »

Dreams are really tough things to understand. Biologically, we have no reason why we do dream. It hardly seems necessary

There are several theories. One being that the subconscious is just processing information, background stuff you didn't process when you were awake. Another being that dreams are a sort of simulation, to see how you'd react in situations, even if these situations aren't possible :P

Sigmund Freud believed that our subconscious is showing us things, heavy things, but it uses symbolism to "Lessen the impact". So just telling us things that is hard to tell without symbolism...

I, personally, think Freud was a bit mad. I don't like a lot of his theories...
Mew?
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Many of Freud's theories are outdated and/or have been disproved. He was a pioneer, but psychology has come a long way since then.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

I did a course in dream analysis. However because most people don't either believe in it or because dreams are open to each and every persons interpretation I don't bother analysing anymore. I did some dream analysis for Neon and he felt it was pretty accurate.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
rusted hydra
Cannibal
Sexual preference: Bi

Post by rusted hydra »

I had a disturbing dream... Medical science and organ cloning had progressed so far that everyone stopped caring about dismemberment cause they can just get new ones.
One point a guy took out his brain and popped in a new one cause "he felt a little tired from thinking with that brain"
O.....o
That isnt even suppose to work.

And one point a girl walks through a fan and gets her legs and hands chopped off cause she needed to get to the other side and was too lazy to swith off the fan.
._.
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

I just had a really awesome, really long dream. It had a lot of detail, but I'll just make it short

Me and a few friends were lanning at one of their places, near the sea. Then, one day, when we were on the beach, a zombie apocalypse happened. We were able to kill a few, before we got bitten

We turned pretty soon. Though our view of the world was distorted (for example, none of us saw each other as zombies, though we knew we were), we were still more or less ourselves

We talked about the whole being a zombie thing. We decided we needed to eat something. The one guy said to leave it to him, we'll regroup at the lan

The next scene was back at the lan. We played games upstairs, in the attic. We used a ladder to get up there. Though everything looked fine, the ladder was falling apart as we tried to climb it. I eventually made it up there and threw down a rope they could use instead

The friend who went for food, came back with a big bag filled with food. When he opened the bag, we saw it was rainbow coloured two minute noodles. I was more interested in the board games.

After a while, we discussed, we must really be crazy to really think that our clothes was still clean. We realised it must be falling apart. That's when I woke up

When I woke up, I realised a lot of time must have passed. It's as if our perceptions was in slow motion

I also realised the bag with two minute noodles was probably a dead human...
Mew?
Randall
Species: Funambulus palmarum (Squirrel)

What a real dream...

Post by Randall »

So last night, pretty much the whole night, I dreamt I was fursuiting as Sonic.

I even in the dream, remembered how my wife and I made my Sonic fursuit.

I dreamt that I went everywhere with it, even to the local mall.

Woke up with a jolt at 10:25AM to realize it was just a dream... that was like 9 hours of pure joy.
Randall
Species: Funambulus palmarum (Squirrel)

Post by Randall »

These meds are fricking awesome folks. The dreams I have of late:

I was directing the scene in a live-action CGI movie, and what happened was that Sonic and Tails crashed the plane (Tornado) into a city centre. As it would turn out they landed in the middle of an open courtyard of some really sleazy nightclub. This of course meant they got captured. The whole scene revolved around getting out of that place. Tails got locked in a room and he was pretty unhappy about that. Eventually they convinced the sleazy people in charge to let them go, and Tails was very pissed off with Sonic for being stuck in that room for so long. As it would turn out, it was rather a disgusting place, a really bad type of brothel nightclub. But eventually they do get out, and I didn't dream anything further because my child woke me up at 2:30AM screaming with pain.
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

I dreamt something wierd just now... It involved 3 of my friends.
They all happened to be cats of some form or another.

The settings was medieval, kinda like game of Thrones style.
My one friend was high up in the kingdom. I have been raised to power, to fill in for one that was away.

I kept trying to get my friend, wet for some reason. I knew he didn't want to be.
And eventually succeeded. Once he got wet. I took a sample of his wet fur, and gave it to his enemies who used it to break some kind of enchantment.

I woke up at this point, and couldn't sleep since...
Why would I do that?

I guess in my mind, I have been struggling with this fear of "betraying" my friends. Ever since I got someone back in my life that has been absent a long time...
Someone that is indirectly responsible for me making these friends in the first place. If he didn't do the things he did. I never would have net Tocs or Badge.

Eeh... I guess my mind is just being silly.
Lets see if I can get back to sleep...
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

I dreamed I was taken to hell...
not because of something I did... its just they needed someone to teach some students >....>
but despite the dark and dirty classroom it was enjoyable! cause whenever one of them got noisy a thing came in and mauled them.

I think I'd make a good hell teacher >x<
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

I had the most terrible nightmare this morning. I dreamt I was back in high school, writing an exam (haha, cliché, I know), but instead of an actual exam I was actually working on my novel, and I had to finish the whole thing in only 30 minutes! D:

I look down at my keyboard, but all the letters are slowly disappearing from the keys, leaving them all blank. So now I can't see what I'm typing and everything is appearing on my screen in a jumbled mess and time is running out. I get it in my head that the reason the letters disappeared must be because the PC wasn't plugged in properly (maybe it was one of those lighted keyboards, or something) so I fiddle with the plug and suddenly the computer goes on the fritz. I get it back on, but my novel is gone, including the backups! Everything I worked so hard on... Poof! Gone! Vanished!

I woke up in a panic. It was awful. >.<
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Contrast wrote:I look down at my keyboard, but all the letters are slowly disappearing from the keys, leaving them all blank. So now I can't see what I'm typing
Dream-Contrast should learn to touch type. XD
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Leeward wrote:
Contrast wrote:I look down at my keyboard, but all the letters are slowly disappearing from the keys, leaving them all blank. So now I can't see what I'm typing
Dream-Contrast should learn to touch type. XD
Do not question my advanced typing techniques! :P

Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

I have dreams almost every night. I would share it, but don't feel like spamming here...

Also, I can't seem to remember any right now... Dreams are weird like that. You feel so good in the morning, mystified and stuff, then can't remember it 7 hours later
Mew?
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Post by Faanvolla »

Keep a dream journal, writing down as much as you remember immediately as you wake up. Allegedly you'd become better and better at remembering more of the dream.
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

Faanvolla wrote:Keep a dream journal, writing down as much as you remember immediately as you wake up. Allegedly you'd become better and better at remembering more of the dream.
It really does help!
It's also quite a lot of fun to read back on dreams you've had in the past.
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

I dreamed a load of hipster/punk thugs ambushed me, held me down and installed iOS on my laptop
>…>
<…<
It was so terrible! I spent forever trying to find where to do options!
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Ooh, I had weird dreams last night. I'm pretty sure this is the order they occurred in. And I woke up for the bathroom in between 1 and 2.

1) I remember riding a bike to go somewhere and then the front wheel just completely fell apart. I think someone sabotaged it while I was waiting at a stop sign for something. And then I was in a big mansion which I think was mine but a relation of the previous owner wanted it and was making plans to take over. He was also allergic to dogs which was relevant in some way but I don't recall how. Then for some reason we started working together to protect the mansion from some third party, which is weird because he had a bunch of guys and it was just me and some friend.

2) Then there was one where I was going along train tracks. Through mostly wild land with lots of hills. Ivic was with me, you know in dreams you just know when it is someone. We were mostly doing it by pulling ourselves along the tracks while on surfboards or some flotation device. That's because a lot of the tracks were submerged and I think that included the ones going up hill. So that was odd.

3) There were lots of people at one of these fancy waterparks. Then there was an earthquake and the people slipped down the slides but it was okay because of the way everything had been built. I know this because we looked at some horizontal crack in the ground which meant the earthquake moved under the park but it didn't pull it apart. Somehow the engineering lesson got sidetracked though because it revealed that they made the park earthquake proof but they hadn't solved the problem of weird flea-like creatures that lived in the ground and were a huge problem. I think more of them started coming out because of the earthquake.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

I had a weird dream... But I kinda liked it! Haha!

I think the world was running out of food. They were looking into using pack wales as "food tunnels" whatever that is... I was sent on a mission down to a underwater bunker where a team of scientists were working on growing potatoes underwater. And they have just succeeded. There were these huge fields of potatos on belts. Apparently they were hard to get out without using the belts. I was going to see the rest of the machine. But then I had to brief the guy. They had all kinds of marine animals in cages. Right above the fields.
I remember a octopus..

Now that they succeeded I had to brief them about the next stage. Which was given to them by Steven Hawkings of all people...
But then all hell broke loose, and they locked me in a panick room. There was a big flat screen TV, A virtual window, a stack of baked beans and sonething in tomato sauce. An old refrigerator that I remember was empty from a previous dream (yeah. I dreamt about this place before...)
And a small compartment with a bed.

This is when some of our tenants children woke me...
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter

Post by Trace »

Adagio wrote:I had a weird dream... But I kinda liked it! Haha!

I think the world was running out of food. They were looking into using pack wales as "food tunnels" whatever that is... I was sent on a mission down to a underwater bunker where a team of scientists were working on growing potatoes underwater. And they have just succeeded. There were these huge fields of potatos on belts. Apparently they were hard to get out without using the belts. I was going to see the rest of the machine. But then I had to brief the guy. They had all kinds of marine animals in cages. Right above the fields.
I remember a octopus..

Now that they succeeded I had to brief them about the next stage. Which was given to them by Steven Hawkings of all people...
But then all hell broke loose, and they locked me in a panick room. There was a big flat screen TV, A virtual window, a stack of baked beans and sonething in tomato sauce. An old refrigerator that I remember was empty from a previous dream (yeah. I dreamt about this place before...)
And a small compartment with a bed.

This is when some of our tenants children woke me...
Haha, that does sound kinda fun. I've had recurring elements in dreams before too...

So I had an interesting dream last night. I dreamed that I was reading the biography of a furry artist. It didn't seem to be about any artist in particular, as elements of his life seemed to be taken from several sources. It talked about his struggles, and how his parents and friends didn't really "get" his art.
There was something about a coloring competition that he entered at an early age that spurred his interest, that he had also convinced a friend to join. Various pictures made by him were interspersed throughout the biography, showing his art going from extremely crude drawings to exceptionally detailed ones with a fantastic grasp on things like anatomy and musculature.
The dream ended with a quote from the artist talking about how his wife understood him and was supportive of him. "And that's all I'm going to say about that" was how the quote finished.
And then I woke up.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

I have had a recurring dream (or nightmare, rather) for the last three nights: I keep seeing myself at a younger age in high school, with my friends and doing the things I used to do. In my dream, I am so much happier then - evident not only on the wide grin on my face and the atmosphere of the setting, but I can feel it in my own mind as I watch through the lens of my subconscious. And then I awake, pulled back to the reality that since then I have not been nearly as happy and have lost many of the things which once allowed me to be so euphoric. I am going to try and distract my mind with other things, perhaps by reading, before bed, so I can avoid it a fourth time.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

I just had the most surreal dream; I was practically living it.

Okay, so I was riding in Gauteng, on one of the freeways, and suddenly, out of nowhere, an intersection with a red light appears. I didn't realize until too late, because all of the traffic was still flowing.

So, not willing to risk the kind of emergency breaking that would have been required to go from 120Km/h to 0Km/h in a few meters, I wacked the throttle to the stopper and ended up doing a wheelie through the intersection.

Made it through safely. No sweat, crisis averted, right?

That was until a few days later, when I got an email from I don't know who. You see, because I was doing a wheelie when the camera went off, my license plate was partially obscured.

But some or another legal firm had somehow managed to decode it. They wanted $1.5K, otherwise, they were going to release the result to the traffic department - which would have cost me my license.

The whole thing felt like entrapment, because up until this completely random intersection came about, I wasn't doing anything vaguely illegal.

I woke up genuinely relieved, because I was willing to fight a protracted legal battle in the name of justice.
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

So I had a pretty weir. d dream last night...
The dream started off quite normal. Was at a resort kinda thing, they had a huuuuuge hardware store(and a tower like in a castle).
I was trying to 3D print a water pump shaped like a cow for some reason. Later decided to just design my own. Think it was the one that was available and that's why I wanted to 3Dbprint that one. I had bougt some PVC pipe and other miscellaneous things, including a globe for my car.
anyway. The dream segwayed to this, apearently I wanted to restart plahing Bioshock, which meant I had to reset it. So I got on a little cable car thingy and git escorted to the reset switch. When I pulled it I accidentally pulled it too far and the game started uninstalling instead. I stopped it but the sequence already started and was currupted beyond repair, and I was stuck in the game now.
Physically in the game.
I could walk around and I saw the remnants of the animation that was supposed to play after pulling the lever but never happened. Was bizzare and kijda cool.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

Thats almost as weird as my dreams...

I dreamt that my moms old house in Kensington in SA was a party house and the back garden was the ocean and there was this guy doing trapeze above a swirling mass of sharks. anyway we sent most of the sharks away but my best friend and my land ladies daughter were both swimming and this shark went for them. So I swam after it and tried to pacify it, and ended up turning it upside down and suddenly it wanted to follow me around like a dog...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I had a weird dream the other day. One that involved dreaming about waking up in my bed and then the weirdness continuing. Quite messed up. @.@
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~