vista folders

This is for all discussions related to IT and technology. Hardware, software, programming, it all goes here.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

vista folders

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I've had Vista for almost a year I think and aside from a few folder view issues it's been fine. I must have done something to upset it today though (all I remember doing was trying to save the view of my pictures folder as the default pictures view) because now any change I make in 'Pictures' is reproduced in 'Computer'. Other folders seem to be working fine but Vista only saves ;Computer' or 'Pictures' setting depending on which I close last. I want 'Computer' grouped by type and 'Pictures' sorted alphabetically with large icons. I didn't see anything like this on the few threads I read through online, other than whoever coded Vista's folder views shouldn't be let anywhere near a computer.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
DesertYote
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Coyote

Re: vista folders

Post by DesertYote »

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've been using Vista since launch and that has always baffled me. I haven't had a chance to check out Windows 7 yet, but I'm praying they sorted out some of the "weirdness" that was found in Vista. More of an annoyance than anything, really.

'Yote
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

A big annoyance though. When I sit down at my computer I don't want to be annoyed, I want it to work. I still like Vista but it definately has flaws that need fixing, and the folders are one of them.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
DesertYote
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Coyote

Post by DesertYote »

And it gets even more complicated if you're running the 64-bit version. Everything's all segregated depending on what the program can handle and whatnot...that's what really drove me nuts. You think that something should be one place after you install it, when in fact it's somewhere completely different.

'Yote