PowerPoint 2007 HELP!

This is for all discussions related to IT and technology. Hardware, software, programming, it all goes here.
Nasheera

PowerPoint 2007 HELP!

Post by Nasheera »

Hi all! :D

I'm doing a PowerPoint presentation as part of a school project for CAT, but I'm a bit stuck.

I need one of you fabulous furs to tell me how to insert background music into the slideshow please? And if that song finishes before the presentation does, how to add another song to directly follow the first.

The computers we work on don't have speakers, so I can't hear or test anything out. As soon as we're done, our presentation gets thrown up onto the projector using my teacher's computer (which does have speakers)

I'm so scared my presentation music gets fuddled up when I put everything together, and the music only plays on one slide, or doesn't transition over to the second song properly when it's being shown to the class.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
Thank you!!!
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Re: PowerPoint 2007 HELP!

Post by Leeward »

This and this should help.

You could bring a pair of headphones or earphones to use on the school computers so you can test your presentation as well.

Also you can glue two tracks together in Audacity rather than have two separate tracks.
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

Unfortunately we're not allowed to bring extra devices to shool. I asked the teacher and she lost her shiz completely.

I'm unable to download any other programs at school, and I can't do so at home either due to lack of data :/
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Your teacher is an idiot. You're probably not allowed to bring storage devices such as flash drives or external hard drives because of malware, but there's absolutely no way headphones can do anything bad, so just bring them anyway and don't tell anyone. If she gives you trouble ask her to run a virus scan on them. Just in case, I'll state the obvious that that's both impossible and incredibly stupid, so if she tries to do that she just proves my point.

The only other reason I can think of is because you're not allowed to listen to YouTube or whatever so say it's for schoolwork and you'll get away with it.

Is there anything wrong with looping the same song? Or picking a song that's long enough to last the whole presentation?

Personally I wouldn't add music to a presentation, but I'm guessing it's a requirement for this assignment.
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

You'd be surprised, she's one of the more 'decent' teachers in my school.

I would bring some headphones to school, but if I do, everyone else will jump on the bandwagon and the class will turn into evem more of a teacher/student warzone.
The class is open-planned...The teacher sees all and hears all.

I wasn't really looking at looping a song, and I'm struggling to find one long enough that will fit the theme of the presentation. But if push comes to shove, I'll do some digging!