Google Chrome

This is for all discussions related to IT and technology. Hardware, software, programming, it all goes here.
SilverDragon
Ilache Darastri
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dragon
Region: Western Cape

Google Chrome

Post by SilverDragon »

I hope this is the first post.. I don't see it anywhere else, so..

I've been using the Beta version of Google's new browser for a few days now, and I haven't had any troubles what so ever with it. In fact, I find it to be quite fast.

A few things that can be better, sure.. like I found that downloading is pretty cool, but, there is no warning when closing the browser that your download will end. I also found no way to resume the download when I reopened the browser.

Another thing is that there are some setting that I can't seem to find.. so it's not as easily configurable as say, Opera or Firefox (which I still both use at times), but seeing as Chrome is still in beta phase, I definitely recommend trying this browser.
---------------------
PSN ID:
Acronix_23
---------------------
(\_/)
(O.o)
This is Bunny.
(> <) He is on his way to World Domination
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf
Region: Gauteng

Re: Google Chrome

Post by Valerion »

I suggest you read this: http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/33131

Beta means something different to Google than it used to in the traditional sense. Gmail is 4 years old, and still marked as beta :)

Anyways, I tried Chrome for a while, but I am way too hooked on some of my Firefox add-ons, and I am not entirely sure Chrome would allow it to the same extent. Especially Adblock+, they are WAY too dependent on advertising revenue.
anoyomouse
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Brown House mouse
Region: Gauteng

Re: Google Chrome

Post by anoyomouse »

Google Chrome uses some of the same process isolation features that the Devs as M$ have included in IE8, each tab open in a new process, and this does have it's advantages, it also leads to longer load times.

I have yet to find a browser that runs in the virtualized environment in Vista 64 other than IE7 & 8, as it isolates the HDD and user data from the IE process.

I want something like sandboxie for Vista 64, but of course MS stopped that (for a good reason)

I like virtualization ^.^
~~~(___^> *squeak*