Review - Scoop Distribution

This is for all discussions related to IT and technology. Hardware, software, programming, it all goes here.
Randall
Species: Funambulus palmarum (Squirrel)
Region: Gauteng

Review - Scoop Distribution

Post by Randall »

Here is my experience with Scoop Distribution
http://www.scoop.co.za

They are the agents for (amongst other networking related brands) for MikroTik.

I needed to get a MikroTik hAP lite for my new home yesterday, the reason being that I need to beef up security, and manage users individually on my WiFi

Now, these are NOT normally the kind of networking appliances one would get at the local Incredible Corruption. For obvious reasons being that one needs to know what one is doing to use these products. This is not the kind of access point Mrs. Jones and her dry Martini can install by plug and play and guesswork.

Anyway, the usual problem when you buy IT equipment at this sort of level, is, you need to be a company aka a IT dealer/reseller (or you are lucky, your employer has an account and will allow you to order/will order for you) This is typically the way other companies such as MECER, RECTRON, etc operate. However, Scoop does sell retail and trade, this means, you can buy from them whether you are a company, or an individual. Of course the pricing is different, and to get the best pricing you need to be a registered company.

So yesterday I phoned them, after seeing that their website indicates they have stock.
Within 10 minutes, I had placed an order, done an EFT, sent them proof of payment, and received confirmation.

I then drove to their branch in Midrand, and picked up the unit. No issues. The service from this company is top-notch.

Would I go to this supplier again? Hell yes!
Would I recommend them to friends? Hell yes!
Would I recommend the product? Definitely!
Gothic Collie
Species: Collie or African Wild Dog...

Re: Review - Scoop Distribution

Post by Gothic Collie »

We bought a few times from them no hassle.
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard

Re: Review - Scoop Distribution

Post by Adagio »

If anyone needs a router or whatever from Scoop in the future, let me know, I'm a registered with them.

They really are good.
And really well priced too.