MSN virus

This is for all discussions related to IT and technology. Hardware, software, programming, it all goes here.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

MSN virus

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I got a msg from Kodey with two links on msn. Don't use the links. It's a virus. I got infected and so if you on my contact list you'll probably get the msg too.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
anoyomouse
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Brown House mouse
Region: Gauteng

Re: MSN virus

Post by anoyomouse »

yeah, i got them

seen it floating around, but it seems really weird.

if you get a link and the person that send it to you goes offline immediately, then it's prolly not a good idea to click on it.

looks like it's gone now tho, haven't had any strange messages lately
~~~(___^> *squeak*
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Yeah. It seems to just do its thing and vanish. 0.o Dunno what the point of that is then but hey. I checked my computer with three scans and none found the problem.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Yukon
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Husky/wolf
Region: Gauteng

Post by Yukon »

One nice user-friendly proggy I use to find out what strange new viruses aren't being picked by task manager or virus scans is Autoruns. It's free - http://download.sysinternals.com/Files/Autoruns.zip
There are 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Dracius
Ilache Darastri
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon
Region: Western Cape

Post by Dracius »

Yea, this is quite annoying too. I've been getting it from quite a bit of people that just dont bother to protect their PC as much as possible. Its usually related to spyware / malware / non-lethal virus..

I'm currently using Spybot Search and Destroy, Avast Anti-Virus (free) and Windows Defender, and I havent really had a problem with infections. A good anti-<threat> removal tool should fix that spamming messages.
Part founder of the Ilache Darastri Clan.

Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I downloaded Spybot S&D now after the infection. Previously I just had Norton Internet Security and CA Yahoo antispy. But I've only detected about two or three infections in the few months I've had my laptop.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~