P2P downloads blocked by new ISP

This is for all discussions related to IT and technology. Hardware, software, programming, it all goes here.
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Gauteng

P2P downloads blocked by new ISP

Post by Adagio »

Hiya!
After a lifetime of crap interet, and long downtime, and agonising slowstrikes. Telkom in witbank finally kicked the bucket.... We found out that theit servers was 400% over capacity in witbank and then finally, crashed and is down indefinitely...

And since all ADSL based ISP'S Rely on Telkom lines and servers, our only option was Wireless...
We didn't sight the contract yet, but I dont think I can postpone my mom any longer...

There is 2 wireless ISP'S in the are, One: bUrsts doesn't hare reception in the hole we live in, the other: Web 4 Us has reception in our area but doesn't support P2P Downloads!

I made a google search, and found a few websites explaining how to download torrents on ISP'S lie these, but I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions??

I'll post the links I found later

Thanx in advance!

YHANX INADVANCE
Durosuka
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Liger

Re: P2P downloads blocked by new ISP

Post by Durosuka »

hmmmm are they blocking your p2p protocalls? I know most p2p based systems all use common ports and packets. if you can find a way to encrypt them then maybe it can be a work around. or try to rout your data through a vpn of sorts. perhaps your isp isn't blocking p2p but maybe only alowing the http protocals. can you connect to a game server of sorts?
Time to change
Gothic Collie
Species: Collie or African Wild Dog...

Re: P2P downloads blocked by new ISP

Post by Gothic Collie »

Get a good VPN and push all your P2P downloads trough it, but be warned chances are the ISP will detect it and cut your connection for not following there AUP.