GPS Navigation

This is for all discussions related to IT and technology. Hardware, software, programming, it all goes here.
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf
Region: Gauteng

GPS Navigation

Post by Valerion »

What do you use to find your way around the roads and cities in the country? Why do you prefer that software/device in particular?

I used to use a Garmin Nuvi 1300T. Currently running Waze on my phone. It is MUCH more accurate for me, especially regarding arrival time.
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Re: GPS Navigation

Post by Faanvolla »

Our car has a built in thing we use.
On my phone I used apple maps, but Google now has an official app out, so I may switch to that.
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I just use Google maps before going out. I do have GPS on my phone though so I downloaded Maverick, which supports off-line maps, and added some open source map. I've downloaded most of Cape Town at about three different levels of zoom.
Faanvolla wrote:Our car has a built in thing we use.
On my phone I used apple maps, but Google now has an official app out, so I may switch to that.
-cough-Apple maps get people killed-cough- Or at least is dangerous enough that people are explicitly warned not to use it. See here and here.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Kalium_Puceon
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Duiker!
Region: Western Cape
Mastodon: pleroma.site/kalium

Post by Kalium_Puceon »

the new nokia maps are supposed to be good
"You never get over the desire to do stupid things. You simply have to overrule your stupid urges with an acquired sense of fear."
-Dr. Richard Weisiger

Contact Me!
My Github! | My Twitter! | My Tumblr | Hit me up as Kalium on foonetic IRC!