stupid firefox, stupid java!

This is for all discussions related to IT and technology. Hardware, software, programming, it all goes here.
Flaxney

stupid firefox, stupid java!

Post by Flaxney »

I friggin hate Firefox 7, it sucks, bloated unstable piece of FSDKJDKJ! Anyhoo, I digress. So I want to use the chat room option on a certain site (which I shall not mention for personal reasons) and when I try to it gives me this error message:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Client.class
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Client.class

Now as far as I understand it, I need to change the location of that client.class file, or something. Have tried re-installing it, its the latest version of java. Please halp me!
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye
Region: Other

Re: stupid firefox, stupid java!

Post by Fluke »

Update your Java, duh.

It's not FF's fault, it's yours :p

Update anything/everything Java related
Flaxney

Post by Flaxney »

It is up to date, its the newest version. I googled that error and ended up in a Java developers forum, I didn't understand but it was interesting nonetheless, and not very helpful. Can anyone offer something constructive please?
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

Well what did the forum say?
Flaxney

Post by Flaxney »

Don't know, I don't speak Java. I like networking, not programming. Anyway as far as I understand it, Java is not locating a specific file, but I dont know how to change the location that it looks for that file, I've tried reinstalling both firefox and java, both are up to date, but it still doesn't work. Java fundis, HELP!
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

Did you reinstall the plugin?

ie the Java plugin within FF?

You try uninstalling then reinstalling said plugin too?
Flaxney

Post by Flaxney »

first thing I did, like I said I've done everything that usually works :( anyhoo its not a complete train smash, I just suggested they start an IRC channel, so I can join because in site chat is usually fail.
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

Flaxney wrote:first thing I did, like I said I've done everything that usually works :( anyhoo its not a complete train smash, I just suggested they start an IRC channel, so I can join because in site chat is usually fail.

...did you try on a mobile device / other browsers to see if it wasnt just the website?

I had this problem with the Alpha of a pony/facebook thing I was heavily part of's chat at first
Flaxney

Post by Flaxney »

Hmm well I asked around, other people using FF7 seem to be able to access it, but I will install Chrome and see if that helps.
Xanduin
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog
Region: Gauteng

Post by Xanduin »

This does not look like a client environment problem. But just in case try other browsers like Opera or IE.

The application cannot find a class but it's not a class found in a library. It looks like a class related to the application you are trying to run.
Perhaps files are missing from the download or a thrid party plugin is not working or installed incorrectly.