Need WebDev help!

This is for all discussions related to IT and technology. Hardware, software, programming, it all goes here.
Splicer-Fox
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing
Region: Gauteng

Need WebDev help!

Post by Splicer-Fox »

I gotten sick of writing customized file uploaded management/CMS programs.

I am looking for something that can simply upload large file and set dynamic permissions for the users to access and download those files.
and it must be very user friendly since the people using it are very impatient.

I have looked at allot of stuff on the Internet but what I would like to ask you is what you have used and what works for you.

I am currently looking at Druple to build the system but i am wondering if there is not anything more simple and specialized.
I have used Joomla to do this before... but it later on drove me to create my own program that the clients can also use.

Any advice would be appreciated ;)
Xanduin
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog

Re: Need WebDev help!

Post by Xanduin »

I have found that for big files not to use TinyMCE content editor because the clients usually have mobile connections. On a stable ADSl account TinyMCE is fine. But the latest version is not free anymore. The older versions does not work with the latest IE but has simple file management functionality.

Now its best to use your hosting software like cPanel to create FTP folders for when they have large files.

When they cannot use FTP (Don't know how to switch on a computer) I give them file sharing websites.
Splicer-Fox
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing

Re: Need WebDev help!

Post by Splicer-Fox »

I will try out cPanel then. thanks ;)
Xanduin wrote:When they cannot use FTP (Don't know how to switch on a computer) I give them file sharing websites.
Thees guys i am working with are crazy engineers with a god complex.
They want their website to do anything so they can show off to people that don’t care.

Anyway thanks for the advice :)