World of Fantasy Competition Voting

Where the brave denizens of ZA Fur battle it out in contests of skill to earn the winner's golden crown.

Which submission should win the World of Fantasy Competition?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:06 am

Animew - submission 1
7%
Raven Song - submission 1
14%
Animew - submission 2
43%
Faanvolla - submission 1
7%
Galahad - submission 1
29%

Total votes: 14
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

World of Fantasy Competition Voting

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Please vote for your favourite submission. Voting will be open for seven days.

Animew - submission 1
Animew_1.jpg
Raven_Song_1.png
Animew - submission 2
Animew_2.jpg
Faanvolla - submission 1
Faanvolla_1.jpg
Galahad - submission 1
Galahad_1.png
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Galahad
Region: Gauteng

Re: World of Fantasy Competition Voting

Post by Galahad »

A full week hasn't yet passed, but I think we are already statistically seeing the odds emerging.

My vote went to Faan, whose submission I think is criminally underrated. I liked the backstory to it, and thought it quite unique.

Tough competition overall. Some A-grade entries here. My first, and it was fun. Seems I may have yet to break my underdog status, though. :P
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

There's a decent number of votes but not much feedback on the submissions. They were all great submissions and I appreciate the time and effort you all put into it.

Animew - submission 1
I'm not going to say anything about this.

It's kinda weird and unsettling. It's drawn really well; it's just so strange.

Animew - submission 2
How do I say this is good without it unnecessarily fuelling your ego? Yes, it is a good picture (much better than the first submission) and yay for Dota! I can't say I particularly care for Lina but this picture is nice.

Faanvolla - submission 1
There's something so familiar about that saint character's head but I just can't place it! I've never played LOL so it's not because of the that... Maybe the spikes on the helmet remind me of the king's crown from The Swan Princess but I just don't know!

Galahad - submission 1
Oh, Galahad, so disappointing after you talked yourself like that. The line work is great but I was expecting so much more. Seems raptors are all talk.

We've still got a few more days for voting so share this thread with your friends! And encourage them to participate next competition!
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Guess I should've held my tongue a little, hm? ;) Regardless, I think Animew deserves the lead.
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Post by Faanvolla »

Galahad wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:50 am My vote went to Faan, whose submission I think is criminally underrated. I liked the backstory to it, and thought it quite unique.
Thank you kindly, I do appreciate it.
It would have been better if I didn't have to use a mouse hah. Buying my bf's old drawing tablet this week, so next comp I'll hopefully be a worthy challenger.
I wrote out a whole lot of story but i didn't want to accidentally be taken down for a writing submission, so I removed everything but the relevant part :P
Its a 'cheat' though, since that's just fleshing out my character's backstory, though since no one in the campaign has asked about it, its never been heard by anyone so

I thought your one was pretty funny too, and if we did ranked voting, would be my number 2 for sure. Is good joke

I voted for animew2 cause i think its super cool. Don't know the character due to the first game of dota I played someone called me a P**s and told me to uninstall, so i did.

The fruit zebra is a cool idea too, but makes me think of candygore stuff which i'm not too excited about; hbut it was still srawn very well, great job.
Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:57 pm
Faanvolla - submission 1
There's something so familiar about that saint character's head but I just can't place it! I've never played LOL so it's not because of the that... Maybe the spikes on the helmet remind me of the king's crown from The Swan Princess but I just don't know!
I did it like that cause I didn't know how to do the real one from the side :P
I haven't watched The Swan Princess (and didn't expect it to be a cartoon when I googled it) so can't even say it was subconsciously inspired by that
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Well, I guess it happened again. Animew has won his second competition. Congratulations!
And well done to everyone else who participated. There was quite a high standard of entries!
Lastly, thank you to everyone who voted!
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

ah crap! i missed my chance to vote! oh hey but i actually winned? neat! lotsa cool entries by all. UwU a galliant go Gallahad, you had lots of IRL stuff to take care of but you still managed a very good entry, i tip my hat to thee as i would have surely just been like: "soz folks i'm withdrawing on account of too much shit on my plate!"
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:57 pm much better than the first submission
UwU/ well it was actually just a joke immage that i drew in a flash to justify continuing my banter with Galahad... but it seems to have gotten a good reaction from you so i am pleased.
Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:57 pm yay for Dota! I can't say I particularly care for Lina but this picture is nice.
<w< dota? *sigh* you kids... honestly... Lina inverse is from slayers not dota. i mean they put her in dota... but the outfit is from the anime.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Well done, Animew, and congrats. :D