World of Fantasy Competition

Where the brave denizens of ZA Fur battle it out in contests of skill to earn the winner's golden crown.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

World of Fantasy Competition

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Faanvolla tells us that a new DnD book will be released on 17 March. To coincide with that, we will be having a fantasy competition! This is not limited to Dungeons & Dragons but to all fantasy and magic.

Submissions to be consider should be posted in this thread. There is a maximum of 3 entries per person and a minimum of 3 people before voting can proceed. Entries will remain open until the end of 10 March. From 11 March to the end of 17 March, voting will remain open for all registered forum members. After that, we will announce the new Contest winner!

The competition is open for art, poetry and short stories. Written works should be fewer than 1000 words. All submissions must be PG-13. The contest winner's submission will be featured in The Arena's Hall of Fame and they will earn gold contest winner name until a new champion is crowned.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Galahad
Region: Gauteng

Re: World of Fantasy Competition

Post by Galahad »

My Fantasy Theme Entry wrote:My dating life.
Why isn't my name gold yet, Rakuen?

Also this is obviously a joke and I'm doing a drawing, but if you include it as one of the choices I will lol so hard if it wins.
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

Galahad wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:49 am Why isn't my name gold yet, Rakuen?
UwU i guess your dating life is just not magical enough a fantasy.
Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:42 am a minimum of 3 people before voting can proceed.
*happy music stops abruptly* hey hold the fuck up! <w< you are not planning to waste me and Gallahads time by just voiding the competition if a new challenger doesn't appear are you? UwU as far as i know it just takes TWO TO TOWOANGO!
drawing stuff takes time and effort firedog! UwU if you blatantly advertize that you are willing to piss all over that time and effort, folks are not gonna wana enter your competition... especially considering the sparce population of active members round here...

Owo didn't i bitch about this from the start too? but then a third person came along and you had a smug smile of vindication as you ignored my advice or something like that...
anywho, NO! bad firedog! its about subtle pcycology! with these kinds of games that offer pretty much no real reward you have to rely on the herd mentality, and no one person connsists of 3 fucking people! how can you expect people to risk their time and effort when the payout rely on 2 other people? UwU if folks think they can swoop in and and steal the golden name by being the only person in the contest you will probably see a lot more entries... thats just how people work man.

UwU so fix it!
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Hey. Less talking, more drawing. ;) We are only short one person and with just under 4 weeks remaining, so the risk is acceptable. Also, spell my name right, you muppet. :P
But to any artist reading this not yet in it (so basically anyone else other than Animew, lol)… Me love you long time if you join, yes?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Animew wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:19 am *happy music stops abruptly* hey hold the fuck up! <w< you are not planning to waste me and Gallahads time by just voiding the competition if a new challenger doesn't appear are you? UwU as far as i know it just takes TWO TO TOWOANGO!
drawing stuff takes time and effort firedog! UwU if you blatantly advertize that you are willing to piss all over that time and effort, folks are not gonna wana enter your competition... especially considering the sparce population of active members round here...

Owo didn't i bitch about this from the start too? but then a third person came along and you had a smug smile of vindication as you ignored my advice or something like that...
anywho, NO! bad firedog! its about subtle pcycology! with these kinds of games that offer pretty much no real reward you have to rely on the herd mentality, and no one person connsists of 3 fucking people! how can you expect people to risk their time and effort when the payout rely on 2 other people? UwU if folks think they can swoop in and and steal the golden name by being the only person in the contest you will probably see a lot more entries... thats just how people work man.

UwU so fix it!
Yes, you've learned about quorums now. There is a minimum number of entries specifically so people can't just win by default. There have to be enough people to make the vote meaningful. Well, as meaningful as it can be. And submissions don't just get discarded. If there are entries but fewer than three at the end of the submission period, the submission period will be extended until there are sufficient entries. This has already been done before for the Pet Role Reversal Competition.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Post by Faanvolla »

I'll draw something too, since it was my idea would feel bad if i didnt contribute at all haha
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Atta boi, Faan! The more the merrier, lads. Now at least the podium will be full.
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Galahad wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:26 am Hey. Less talking, more drawing.
fine, have some goddamned sin then Hallagad!
somegoddamnedsin.jpg
Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:15 pm you've learned about quorums now.
hey dont you fancy word at me! how in the fuck is the minumum 3? since when can two people not compete!?

and yea i can totally see why someone winning by default would be a compleate disaster... those fabulous prises are so worth protecting agains opportunistic winners. <w< i'm being sarcastic by the way, its seriously not the end of the world if folks win by default now and again... would probably do the contest good, maby dislodge some lurkers.
Faanvolla wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:46 pm I'll draw something too, since it was my idea would feel bad if i didnt contribute at all haha
ey, welcome to the race bro and thanks for joining! <w< now at least the firedog will be satisfied that enough blood, sweat and other bolily fluids are being spilled to sate his greedy firedogly soul!
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Aniflu, what abomination from the bowels of hell is that thing? :P Why does it exist? I have unanswered philosophical, existential and especially religious questions about your work.

To be fair, I'm actually more concerned about voter turnout than competitor turnout.
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Galahad wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:13 am what abomination from the bowels of hell is that thing?
That my dear Glallagad is a RadicalRainbowRakuenRecolor! UwU with wings and lazorz. it has 50HP and you cant hit it with melee attacks unless you have leap or its under the effects of snare.
Galahad wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:13 am I have unanswered philosophical, existential and especially religious questions about your work.
Owo shit man, so do i in all honesty. there was this one time i had just finished drawing Sadaharu from gintama pissing on a naked fox boy and i was like "the fuck am i even doing with my life" it was at that point that i decided to drastically rethink my approach to content creation...
fast forward a few years and i'm now drawing youtube kids chanel mascots in innapropriate situations, with baby shark blaring in the background.
Galahad wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:13 am I'm actually more concerned about voter turnout than competitor turnout.
there are a lot of lurkers on here bro, they sometimes get in on the votes.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

So I noticed, my dear Ani-kin Hentaiwalker.

But is that seriously your competition entry? Production quality is decent, but eh... You're making this too easy for me. :P

Come on, people. Join! This is going to be fun. Animew, Faan and I are going to have a blast, but we really would love it if more people would join. :) Ryall? Raven? Trace? I know you guys do art. Come show us what you've got.
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Galahad wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:57 pm But is that seriously your competition entry?
hehe, Ow< i'll show you mine if you show me yours, Galdahan!
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Mine is bigger. Spoiler alert.
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

i doubt that Dalahag, UwU mine weighs in at 476kb, a whaping 2221 pixels whide and 2839 pixels long. even had to crop that bad boy. <w< and all i see from you is a bigol blank.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

It's called good sportsmanship, ole chap. I want to encourage you by letting you think you still have a chance to win. :P
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

UwU oh ho ho, is that so? we shall see sir Gnallabad OwO/ on the field of battle!
also i think we should stop spaming this section with banter lest Rakuen gets pissed.
haha! finalword is mine! if you say anything past this without posting something relevant like your art you are an unlawfull doody head! WHOOOO! *flies off on a rainbow Rakuen recolor*
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Alright, Rakue-- I mean, Animew. ;)

I'll see you here when I've got my drawing ready.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

So, I got a new laptop. it's a hp pavilion 360 so I can fold it back and use it as a drawing tablet. its my baby and I love it, not just because it comes with built in Bang and Olofson or whatever his name is speakers. It's amazeballs right and I made this little number as a test run on my also newly purchased Clip Studio Paint!

Does it count???
DragonFruitZebra.png
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter

Post by Trace »

That looks awesome, Raven!
Also I like your Rainbow Dash Growlithe, Animew. X3
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

thats one guuud looking Dragon fruit zebra Raven!

was gonna hold out till the last minute incase i had some... i duno... tweaks to make?
UwU but all i've done so far was crop the heck out of it. so yea before i just delete the entire thing and start over:
linamewbgcrop.jpg
there... i'm Lina mother fucking inverse y'all!

OwO/ BACK... to drawing gay pink fox boys!
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

Thats Amazing!!!!!!
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

That's awesome, Animew!
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Time's running out to get those submission in. I'm looking at you, Galahad.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Post by Faanvolla »

Oh wow, thats amazing Animew!
You've got my vote so far.

I finished up mine finally,
Digital, Mouse
Digital, Mouse

Its the depiction of my current character Platinum Star, the Cleric receiving a vision quest from the saint he follows, Solana, The Winged Protector. (The reason for him being in the town our adventure started in, and his character motivation)

Star is a tabaxi from the island of Ruathym.
Youngest son of Golden Leaves, the village healer, and Blue River Flowing, the village priest of Helm the Watcher.

---

Yes Star looks like my fursona, its because if i commission art of him, might as well 2 birds 1 stone it :P
Solana is very much 'inspired' by the iron inquisitor Kayle skin from League of Legends.
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

That looks great, Faan!
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

AND INBOUND IS GALAHAD, WITH 10 MINUTES TO GO, SLIDING UNDER THE GATE AND COMING IN FROM BEHIND! :P
The dragonraptor promiseth, and the dragonraptor delivereth!

Unfortunately, all I can give under my time constraints is a rough sketch. It's not much, but, hey, it might be a bit competitive, and I definitely had some fun.

Click on the image for full-view: you're going to want to.
Competition Entry.png
… It's a pun, get it? How health potions are a common fantasy trope, and there is a snake calling them snake oil, as if potions were the fantasy counterpart of homeopathy? Get it?

I'm off to bed.