Celebration competition

Where the brave denizens of ZA Fur battle it out in contests of skill to earn the winner's golden crown.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Celebration competition

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

There weren't enough votes in the theme voting to get an outright winner, so I decided to think of what united them. Christmas, the Rugby World Cup, New Year's Party, summer celebration... They are all celebrations! Let's celebrate all the things that have gone well over the year. The end of year exams will also be finished!

Submissions must be posted in this thread to count for entry. There is a maximum of 3 entries per person and a minimum of 3 people before voting can proceed. Entries will remain open until at least the end of 18 December. Voting will be open for all registered forum members from 19 to 25 December. On the 26th, we will announce the new Contest winner!

The competition is open for art, poetry and short stories. Written works should be fewer than 1000 words. All submissions must be PG-13. The contest winner's submission will be featured in The Arena's Hall of Fame and they will earn gold contest winner name until a new champion is crowned.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Re: Celebration competition

Ooh, it's not looking good for this competition. There's just under a week left! I'm hoping there will be a last-minute rush. Don't let me down!
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I guess there's nothing to celebrate. :( Perhaps we'll see about something else in the new year.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

Can I do a belated something tomorrow if I have the energy as a farewell 2019, not in the running for a competition but just for the lols?
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

You can always do anything! It's always good to see some new art from you.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

So I've lost my tablets pen... it's somewhere in this room of mine I hope.

But I needed to get art out and I also needed to make a visual representation of how I feel moving forward to 2020.

2019 has been a horrible year. Defo in the top 3 worst years of my life.
Death. Cutting Ties. Losing Jobs. Moving too many times. Being Lost, losing myself and you know what. I made it through.
I considered ending it three times this year. I also legit lost my marbles. But I.Am.Here. And this year moving forward is the start of my future.

Moving into my more androgynous style my name will be Ray Ray Sunchyme. Doge and Ivic, two of my bestest furry and non furry friends often call me Ray Ray, and Sunchyme is my most favourite piece of music. It just fills me with joy. Also play on Ray of Sunshine which I am bitch :P

So here it is. This dragonfly is ready to fly.
2020pic.jpg
Also screw anatomy!!!
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I'm sorry you had such a horrible year but at least now you can leave it behind and look forward to something new. And if you made it through all of that, now you know you can make it through anything!

Also, I have to mention the weird coincidence. Your final design there on the right is quite similar to a picture I saw on Twitter today. Guess today is winged wolf day!

~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Winged wolfs for the win! Raven also no longer identifies as one single species... I am them all!!!
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter

Post by Trace »

I'm sorry you had a bad year, Raven.
Wishing you the best moving forward. I hope that 2020 goes a lot better for you.
Also I really like your artwork. ^.^
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Thanks Trace :) I don't think any of us have had a particularly easy year, yourself included. But we stick together. I'm lucky to have so many of you as friends. Love you all and blessed be your 2020