Competition Themes

Where the brave denizens of ZA Fur battle it out in contests of skill to earn the winner's golden crown.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Competition Themes

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Does anyone have suggestions for a theme for the next ZA Fur competition?
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Re: Competition Themes

Post by Animew »

Galahad wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:43 pm Maybe "stirring the pot" should be the next art competition theme. Satirical. I like it. ;) We'll even have Adagio as its guest of honour.
UwU/ i concur with the purple... er, blue dinosaur. its seems to usually come down to something either funny or sexy anyway so short of having the theme be yiff lets cut to the cheese and make it satire of our beloved home, Zafur. we have such great memories here to immortalize in art. <w< there is the chance that some dingus may enter a blank canvas and win but hey that would be funny too.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

What about pet role reversal?

Many of us have pets, it might be funny to see anthropomorphised versions of our pets have our fursonas as their pets.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena
Region: Gauteng

Post by Ryall »

Animew wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:59 am
Galahad wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:43 pm Maybe "stirring the pot" should be the next art competition theme. Satirical. I like it. ;) We'll even have Adagio as its guest of honour.
UwU/ i concur with the purple... er, blue dinosaur. its seems to usually come down to something either funny or sexy anyway so short of having the theme be yiff lets cut to the cheese and make it satire of our beloved home, Zafur. we have such great memories here to immortalize in art. <w< there is the chance that some dingus may enter a blank canvas and win but hey that would be funny too.
While I disagree with the implication that Sudan's artpiece won because of its sexappeal, I would like to see more ZAFur-inspired art so long as people are mature about it and that it doesn't devolve into personal attacks. *imagines an American-civil-war themed battle with ZAFur as the Union and Anthroculture/TheFurnace as the Confederates.* 😋
Hahaha! :lol:
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Leeward wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:01 pm What about pet role reversal?

Many of us have pets, it might be funny to see anthropomorphised versions of our pets have our fursonas as their pets.
as much as i'd love to see that i duno if everyone has a pet tho Owo i for one dont. i suppose i could anthropomorphize my car and be its pet... or there is that biggass spider in the hall, i'm pretty fond of it.
Ryall wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:22 pm While I disagree with the implication that Sudan's artpiece won because of its sexappeal,
UwU/ Mr. Yeen i'm gonna have to point out the fact that you are the only one taking that "implication" seriously. we in the industry refer to things like that as an "inside joke" while not particularly funny in of themselves inside jokes serve to remind people of something funny that happened in the past... you know, like a bunch of people getting their panties all in a bunch over something silly. its called an inside joke because you had to be there to get it. it serves to tighten bonds and make outsiders jealous. that may seem mean to outsiders but it serves to motivate them to seek inclusion. you having been directly involved... <w< you totes shoulda gotten it man... unless you are just trying to troll up some drama again, which mind you is my job so knock it off.
Ryall wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:22 pm imagines an American-civil-war themed battle with ZAFur as the Union and Anthroculture/TheFurnace as the Confederates.
UwU/ its pretty dumb to throw comedic jewls like that into the pond prematurely chubs, intellectual property is infinitely stealable. but i doubt the hate art you are subtly eluding to will find its way into the contest... i mean these peasants covet my golden name, they wont throw away their chances merely on an attempt to be offensive.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Having been there, I know that some people seriously believed that sexappeal played a role, never mind that the character was female in a predominantly queer, male forum. 😛 Can I say that? We should do a ZAFur census to check what our active population is, and what the demographics are.

Also, why would you presume I am being dumb? Typical cat, jumping to the wrong conclusions. Perhaps I have a better idea, or perhaps I won't enter: do you see any art galleries belonging to me? Besides, no hate: the American civil war is just an iconic civil war, and a civil was is analogous to what happened here.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Ryall wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:22 pm*imagines an American-civil-war themed battle with ZAFur as the Union and Anthroculture/TheFurnace as the Confederates.* 😋
ಠ_ಠ Low blow, dude.
Ryall wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:11 pma predominantly queer, male forum. 😛 Can I say that? We should do a ZAFur census to check what our active population is, and what the demographics are.
Obligatory salty comment about the sexual preference field options being inconsistent and incomplete.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Leeward wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:21 pm
Ryall wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:22 pm*imagines an American-civil-war themed battle with ZAFur as the Union and Anthroculture/TheFurnace as the Confederates.* 😋
ಠ_ಠ Low blow, dude.
To be fair, you have never been subtle about your gripes with this forum or individuals on it. Relatively speaking, I would say I was being quite innocent. Funny joke you see? Two factions warring, until they're not. Tee-hee. There's a post I made years back in which I placed my bets. 😇
ArtyLoop
Sexual preference: Straight

Post by ArtyLoop »

Zootopia?
Sonic?
Bunnies?

There's so much that can be done...
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

how about zootopic sonic bunnies?
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Ryall wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:11 pm or perhaps I won't enter: do you see any art galleries belonging to me?
UwU/ oh puppy cock Yeen. as i understand, that steamy hot mug o smug you use as an avatar was drawn by you. so you have a real shot at the prize here. just imagine (/O3O)/ "golden yeen" you'll have money! power! and bitches! lots and lots of bitches!