Star Wars Art Competition

Where the brave denizens of ZA Fur battle it out in contests of skill to earn the winner's golden crown.
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter
Region: Other

Star Wars Art Competition

Post by Trace »

Greetings, all!

As several people have expressed interest in doing a Star Wars-related art competition, I figured that I would get the ball rolling on things. Our apologies for not starting this a bit sooner.

Anything Star Wars themed is welcome. Given the sheer variety of aliens and droids throughout the series that make for awesome material for art, I will say that you are not necessarily restricted to drawing anthro characters with a Star Wars spin. To open up the subject matter a bit more, anything Star Wars related will be fine, including existing characters. My one suggestion would be that you lean towards more anthro subject matter, and that you give any human characters an anthro makeover. Know your audience. :P

As before, this is open to anyone. The competition will run from now until May 4th, AKA "Star Wars day". (To anyone unaware of why this is considered Star Wars day, it comes from a play on perhaps the most iconic phrase from the series: "May the 4th be with you".) As this is starting a bit late for the date, if anyone needs this time period to be extended, please let us know.

As usual, please keep it clean. To enter, post your art in this thread. As before, a winner will be selected by popular vote. Multiple entries are allowed, but we ask that you keep numbers of entries within reason. (No more than 3 at most.) Most importantly, everyone who enters should have fun doing so! Let's all have a fun time doing art.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Re: Star Wars Art Competition

Post by Animew »

UwU/ is it an official contest? will we get the teal name if we win? can we change the teal name into a gold name? is this firedog approved? Owo will anyone be able to make something decent in just 10-15 days time? can we draw nelvaanians even tho they were never in any of the movies and the non geeky squares won't know WTF they are even?
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

This is an official contest, approved by Rakuen. He has been busy, and I asked if I could post the contest myself. I don't know about the teal vs. gold name, Rakuen or Valerion will need to weigh in on that one.
The subject matter is up to you. I said anything Star Wars related. Expanded universe stuff is fine. You can also do OCs with a Star Wars theme if you want.
As for the time limit, I guess that is up to the entrants. Again, if it seems like too short a time, we can discuss extending it. I mostly just wanted the end date to be Star Wars related. :P
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Let's make it until the 18th of May. We get Star Wars Day in the middle and there is plenty of time to do something.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

Sure. ^.^
That is fine by me.
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vulpes chama
Region: Western Cape

Post by Cape_F0X »

I find Animew's lack of slave Leia art disturbing.
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Cape_F0X wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:05 pm I find Animew's lack of slave Leia art disturbing.
UwU/ sex appeal is more Sudan's thing man, i go for humor. still waiting for you to kick us off in that regards actually, or shall i go first this time? meh, why not...
hows about something relevant to the forum:
saberfight.jpg
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Pfff.

If that's meant to be me, you got the stripes wrong anyway.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

since i don't draw humans how about this then cape you salacious crumb you?
party at ryalls.jpg
UwU/ Vox is hotter than Leia anyway, and a housewarming party for Vox and Ryal is waaay overdue.
Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:30 am Pfff.

a firedog is a firedog is a firedog... Owo tho now that you mention it i think your butt is missing a stripe... oh well at least i didn't make your ears black again.
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Gauteng

Post by Adagio »

Animew wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:37 am since i don't draw humans how about this then cape you salacious crumb you?
party at ryalls.jpg
UwU/ Vox is hotter than Leia anyway, and a housewarming party for Vox and Ryal is waaay overdue.
Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:30 am Pfff.

a firedog is a firedog is a firedog... Owo tho now that you mention it i think your butt is missing a stripe... oh well at least i didn't make your ears black again.
Bwhahahahahahahahahahaahahaha!!!
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

OMG both of those are hilarious XD Especially Animew's lightsaber, I see what you did there.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

@ Animew, ROFL! You got me and Vox. I love the Nutella reference, and that Cyn is Hahn, and Adagio is Boba.

Housewarming is actually not overdue: you are just in time!

Handover of the keys only took place last night. Vox and I still have lots of shit to unpack, but we spent our first night there last night.

I will make a post about it later. There is just a lot of stuff going on right now, asides from the house.
Hahaha! :lol:
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Species: Vulpes chama
Region: Western Cape

Post by Cape_F0X »

Title: Now THIS is pod racing!
Medium: Pencil
Style: Caricature
Tags: Cape Fox, Episode 1,Tatooine, Pod Racing, Midichlorians
Scan_20180502_213230.png
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

Happy Star Wars day, all!
Reminder that there is still two more weeks in the competition. We have some great entries so far, and it would be awesome to see more! ^.^
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Leeward wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:15 am Animew's lightsaber
UwU/ i am strong in the force... especially in the morning.
Ryall wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:40 pm Housewarming is actually not overdue: you are just in time!
lol! what can i say, i'm ahead of my time. Ow< i'll bring you a nice ornamental nutella holder as a housewarming gift.... Owo people do still bring gifts to those sorts of things right? in a consumerist world i doubt they would change that tradition but you never know.
Cape_F0X wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 9:35 pm Now THIS is pod racing!
OwO that is pretty damn good cape! and freaking adorable. UwU/ as long as Sudan doesn't come barging in with a lewd pair of starwars tits at the last second (as i'm fairly sure she plans on doing) you totes have this one in the bag!
Trace wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:57 pm and it would be awesome to see more!
Owo only 7 days left, i somehow doubt we'll see any more until the last day UwU/ i'm willing to bet real fake money on the fact that people are holding back so they can have the full effect of the newness factor. \OwO/ i mean people will do anything for a freaking teal name!
ArtyLoop

Post by ArtyLoop »

Actually Animew I am not entering because I cannot draw
Kievvu
Species: Canis Lupus
Region: Northwest and North Cape

Post by Kievvu »

I want to...I'm just lacking ideas and can't draw very well especially lately with my wrist being messed up and my hand being shaky >.<
Steam: Kievvu
Telegram: @Kievvu
Furry Amino: Kievvu
Discord: Kievvu#1856
Blizzard: Kievvu#2944
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

As far as I'm concerned, if you want to enter, you should. Perceived talent should not be a barrier. Mostly I just want everyone to have fun. :3

That said, here is my own submission. Given that this competition is Star Wars themed, I thought that the biggest Star Wars fan on the forum deserved some recognition:

Title: I Will Not Give In to the Dark
Medium: Digital
Featuring Sudan Red
I Will Not Give In to the Dark.png
I had a lot of fun making this. ^.^ And Sudan is pretty awesome. :3 Once again, happy belated Star Wars day, all!
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

ArtyLoop wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 5:12 pm Actually Animew I am not entering because I cannot draw
OwO OMG what happened!? or are you just working too much at the moment?
Kievvu wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 11:14 am I want to...I'm just lacking ideas and can't draw very well especially lately with my wrist being messed up and my hand being shaky >.<
UwU/ tiz why womenzis should not handle power tools, that's a mans job because we're rough tough and for the most part expendable.

OwO you should try to go super light with the lines then at first, kinda find the shape within the light scratchy scribbles. it worked for me when i was shaky from nausea. =w= but then again if you hurt your wrist you should rest it as much as you can, ligaments take months if not years to settle down. have you gotten it looked at by a guy with x-ray vision yet?

tiz looking pretty good trace! awesome job with the shading.
Trace wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:06 pm Sudan is pretty awesome.
Owo i just wish she had a ref sheet or something, i wanted to draw her fursona in a sexy police outfit for the trolololziz some time ago but i could find no clear reference.

hehe <w< i totes figured her light saber would be somewhat night stick themed tho.. and be like red or something what with the "red" in her name.
Kievvu
Species: Canis Lupus
Region: Northwest and North Cape

Post by Kievvu »

Animew wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:12 pm

UwU/ tiz why womenzis should not handle power tools, that's a mans job because we're rough tough and for the most part expendable.

OwO you should try to go super light with the lines then at first, kinda find the shape within the light scratchy scribbles. it worked for me when i was shaky from nausea. =w= but then again if you hurt your wrist you should rest it as much as you can, ligaments take months if not years to settle down. have you gotten it looked at by a guy with x-ray vision yet?
womanzis? where is there womanzis?

ah...unfortunately I don't have the man of steel locked in my closet. Also yeah...it's been fucked for years now, constant clicking when it rotates in any way and goes in and out of being in pain, get's real bad some days so I wear a wrist guard, but I'm probs gna have to get something proper done about it eventually.
Steam: Kievvu
Telegram: @Kievvu
Furry Amino: Kievvu
Discord: Kievvu#1856
Blizzard: Kievvu#2944
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Only today and tomorrow left! Don't forget to submit your art.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Nope. Extremely uninspired at the moment.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

I would have entered, but free time is to me a more valuable and scarce resource than platinum. Or diamond. Or sensible posts in the Discussion board. :P

I'll come win enter the next one for sure! Especially if there are one or two other new entrants, too.
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Galahad wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:03 am sensible posts in the Discussion board
Madness? this is ZAfur!
Leeward wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:16 am Extremely uninspired at the moment.
Leeward! Y U NO JUST WATCH STARWARS AND GET INSPIRED!? <w< its a little late now tho but still, out of all the zany crap in the franchise you could not find one single applicable theme? UwU/ you clearly did not use enough force.
Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:44 am Don't forget to submit your art.
looks like sudan is waiting for the absolute last second again. <w< cant wait to see what it is.
Kievvu wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:50 pm womanzis? where is there womanzis?
you know being sexist in the furry fandom is pretty hard since gender identity is so diverse... i mean for the most part I am a womanziz myself. complete with burly dudes to do my bidding and everything. =w= oh the challenges of being a dick on the internet...
seriously tho you should get it looked at, especially if its been doing that for years, you may have the dreaded <w< carpal tunnel syndrome TUN! TUN! TUUUUUHN!
tiz no joke, its ruined the careers of many an amazing artist FUREVAAAAR!
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Animew wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:26 am
Leeward wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:16 am Extremely uninspired at the moment.
Leeward! Y U NO JUST WATCH STARWARS AND GET INSPIRED!? <w< its a little late now tho but still, out of all the zany crap in the franchise you could not find one single applicable theme? UwU/ you clearly did not use enough force.
Actually... I'm not really a fan of Star Wars. It's probably the most overrated sci-fi out there.
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Leeward wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 12:34 pm It's probably the most overrated sci-fi out there.
well... aside from star trek... yes.

but still, it has some pretty nerdariffic content. have you seen some of the schematics for the ships n stuff? tiz awesome!
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Okay. It's after the 18th. Submissions are now closed. Voting thread will be created in a short while.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~