Where are we standing on the con now?

The 2016 South Afrifur Convention didn't happen.
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Where are we standing on the con now?

Post by YoteFox »

As the title states. What is the status of the con so far?
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Green Folf
Region: Gauteng

Re: Where are we standing on the con now?

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

YoteFox wrote:As the title states. What is the status of the con so far?
I was talking about it last night on the Podcast but I will have a full update on this thread by this evening.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

Yeah! I need to know when I'm coming back to SA for a short holiday...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

YoteFox wrote:As the title states. What is the status of the con so far?
And here we have it.

Costing for the entire weekend: R1200pp sharing 2 people per room.

Date: 1-3 July 2016

Venue: University of Freestate - Bloemfontein

Please note: Transport is not included in any of these arrangements. These will be your own. Many furs from around the country will be coming and internal arrangements can be made. We can help as far as notifying which furs from which areas will be going so that sufficient carpools etc. can be arranged.

We also have a sponsorship by level arrangement: R1200 for the con as an attendee, R1600 as a sponsor - certain perks come with this level of arrangement and super sponsor R2000 - Perks from sponsor as well as added perks for being a super sponsor apply here. These perks will be decided within the month, pending some arrangements.

(these costs may vary depending on living arrangements of which we will keep open for those who don't want to sleep in the provided areas.) I will also draw up an excel spreadsheet tomorrow to show how the cost breakdown will look. The R1200 is all inclusive. Living arrangements and meals. (A portion also goes to venue hire.)

Busy being done:

south-afrifur.co.za - will be up and running within the month, here we will have a good breakdown of living arrangements, other arrangements as well as venue pictures and what can be expected at the con. (activities, guests of honour and so on.)

We have also started the process of creating an NPO for The South Afrifur Convention where we will be able to control any and all monetary income and expenditure as well as deal with any queries within the fandom.

This NPO requires a Directorate of 5 people of which will be the following:

Acting Chairman: Ivic

Valerion

Yukon

Inpw

Scratch

Each of us has an equal vote and there are no veto rights within the directorate at present. We will meet once or twice a month as deemed necessary to deal with any issues or suggestions in respect to the con. After a particular issue has been voted on, the vote is final and we will notify you.

Please also note that for now, any queries or complaints can be sent to the following email address: southafrifur@gmail.com we will note them and either get back to you asap or hold until a formal decision has been reached.

Those of you who are interested in helping in any way in respect to the con, please also send your information to the above-mentioned email and what you would be willing to assist with during the con. I have already spoken to a few furs in respect to this, if you have been approached, we know who you are. :D

We are also, along with the set up of the NPO, going to set up a donation drive in respect to the convention. This drive will be subject to added incentives for donations that will be determined within this month.

Please note that the set up of the NPO may take a small amount of time and only after that has been completed, will we decide on payment methods and sundry.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

I hope you guys have a good book keeper. Setting up a N.P.O. is a nighmare.
[REDACTED]
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

all i have to do is donate 15 pounds a month from October to April and i'll be a super sponsor :P

easy peasy... i think...
Phelix
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Panther
Region: Western Cape

Post by Phelix »

I'm just damn glad it still looks like it'll happen!
My Sofurry page

MattedFurr
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: Red Panda / Arctic Wolf Hybrid

Post by MattedFurr »

I can probably help with transport or a place to stay, provided I get a job here in Bloemfontein. Otherwise I'll be gone by that date. Will definitely like to go though so we'll see what happens closer to that date.
Must
Hug
Tails!
Ash
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dox (Deer/Arctic Fox)

Post by Ash »

x.x So far away.. Well I'll save up and maybe go down to check it out x3 would be awesome
"I wonder what happiness could look like if we could give it a form.. The Shape of happiness might resemble glass.. Even though you don’t usually notice it, it’s still definitely there.. You merely have to change your Point of View slightly.. and that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light.. I doubt that anything could argue its existence more eloquently.." - Code Geass (Lelouch vi Britannia)

Furaffinity
ImageImage
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Ash wrote:x.x So far away.. Well I'll save up and maybe go down to check it out x3 would be awesome
is travelling from Cape Town by the sea to Bloemfontein... going down??? or is it coming up???
Ash

Post by Ash »

Ravensong wrote:
is travelling from Cape Town by the sea to Bloemfontein... going down??? or is it coming up???
Lol Raven xD .. got me there
"I wonder what happiness could look like if we could give it a form.. The Shape of happiness might resemble glass.. Even though you don’t usually notice it, it’s still definitely there.. You merely have to change your Point of View slightly.. and that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light.. I doubt that anything could argue its existence more eloquently.." - Code Geass (Lelouch vi Britannia)

Furaffinity
ImageImage
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Ravensong wrote:is travelling from Cape Town by the sea to Bloemfontein... going down??? or is it coming up???
In terms of latitude, going up. In terms of elevation, going up.
Good luck getting all the way to Bloem in a ship though! :lol:
Ash

Post by Ash »

haha -facepaw- my mistake x3 .. and can be possible, just have to attach some leggs to the ship.. and see how it goes from there

Furaffinity
ImageImage
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Ash wrote:haha -facepaw- my mistake x3 .. and can be possible, just have to attach some leggs to the ship.. and see how it goes from there
go on a camel... their called the ships of the desert or something like that...
Ash

Post by Ash »

Ravensong wrote: go on a camel... their called the ships of the desert or something like that...
Don't like Camels.. and sitting on one for days might just kill me xD

Furaffinity
ImageImage
Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Species: Husky

Post by Tocs »

Just a quick question, when is the latest one can book for the con?
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
vakie
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Fox

Post by vakie »

(these costs may vary depending on living arrangements of which we will keep open for those who don't want to sleep in the provided areas.) I will also draw up an excel spreadsheet tomorrow to show how the cost breakdown will look. The R1200 is all inclusive. Living arrangements and meals. (A portion also goes to venue hire.)
Anyone know where to find the spreadsheet? As much as I want to I won't be able to sleep in the hostels due to my partner coming with me. :|
-Something profound-