Convention Q&A

The 2016 South Afrifur Convention didn't happen.
Scratch
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Blue Wolf
Region: Western Cape

Re: Convention Q&A

Post by Scratch »

Tetsudra wrote:@Scratch So you're saying the entry cost is definitely R2400 then?
I said "you'll be good to go." R1200 (the projected cost) < R2400 (R200 x 12), so it will cover entrance, activities, housing and 2 meals a day. I hope I don't have to individually work out everyone's driving and/or flight costs for them as well.

This will be expensive, yes, but if you start now, it's not going to make a massive dent in your budget when the time comes, that's the point I'm trying to get across. With regards to how much it will cost, we'll get to that in due time.
Scratch
Species: Blue Wolf

Post by Scratch »

Please note that these numbers are PRELIMINARY. We don't have fixed prices yet, and we will reveal them when they are set. But if you're planning on coming along, saving up would not be a bad idea regardless.
SnowDragon
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon

Post by SnowDragon »

I just have one point - Bloem is not central. 400km from JHB, 1000 from CPT. So you could drive there and back and have spare kilometers on a one way trip from CT.

As mentioned on IRC, De Aar is actually central between the two - 750km from both. So calling it a central con in Bloem is actually not the case if you pull out a map and a ruler..
Daylight dancer, Moonlit wonder;
Manifest upon the very gates of eden..
Tetsudra
Species: Apathetic

Post by Tetsudra »

Scratch wrote:I said "you'll be good to go." R1200 (the projected cost) < R2400 (R200 x 12), so it will cover entrance, activities, housing and 2 meals a day.
Ok, so the cost is R1200 then? I get that you'd want to save extra, of course, that's a given. I'm just wondering how that reconciles with "bring 10 furries, bring a 100, the event can scale" - What sort of guarantees (bookings/confirmations/deposits etc) can you actually get for R12'000?

I figure that you'd have to put down a decent amount of money upfront, to reserve the accommodations, the equipment, anything you'd use for the activity, etc. Food'll probably be a bit more flexible, but being able to buy an entire 2-day supply up front will probably shave a few Rand off the total, so you'd want to do that too.

And that's a bit of a chicken-and-egg thing to me. If you're relying on ticket sales to fund the event, that means everyone has to buy their tickets beforehand, before you can book/deposit anything. Sure, you'll get quotes and estimates from your various vendors, but until you put cold hard cash on the table, nothing will be confirmed. And if nothing's confirmed, then something might go wrong - someone might book out some equipment you need, or the prices for something can go up, and then without a confirmation, you're screwed.

And we'd be screwed too, having just spent R1200 a ticket each (not small change to some people here) and now there's no certainty around the viability of the event. You'd be asking people to commit to saving for a few months, to buy tickets to an event you can offer no guarantees to. Worse, if those people drive up 2 days before, only to get there and find out someone swooped in last-minute and booked something crucial. Then they're out R1200, fuel, and all that time.

Of course the easiest way around that is to have the money upfront, via donations or some other investment. And here, too, it can get a little hairy - depending on the total cost of putting everything together, and the amount of people willing to donate, some people may have to donate substantial amounts to make everything balance. And if the amounts start getting to the R20k-over-a-year range for an individual, you're competing directly with Eurofurence and Anthrocon, as those events become feasible to attend at that sort of money input.
EF 2015 Projected Costs from SA wrote:
  • Return ticket to Berlin, 18-24 Aug, Etihad Airways: ~R10'000
  • 6 nights, standard room, Estrel Hotel: 450 EUR - R5'800
  • EF 2015 ticket, standard rate: 110 EUR - R1'420
  • Schengen Visa to enter Germany: 60 EUR - R770
  • 50 EUR daily stipend * 6 = 300 EUR - R3870
  • Total: R21'860
That's the whole point of my question - I'm not asking you to work out each individual's costs (that's stupid), but rather to be transparent about what the event's going to cost, why each thing costs what it does, and what sort of money you'd need from the community in order to cover it. Unless if you have the capital available yourselves, you're going to be relying on a good number of us to contribute money to make it happen, so I think that's only fair.
Franky
The Bad Guy
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox
Region: Gauteng

Post by Franky »

Tetsudra wrote:Ok, so the cost is R1200 then?
No
Tetsudra wrote:That's the whole point of my question - I'm not asking you to work out each individual's costs (that's stupid), but rather to be transparent about what the event's going to cost, why each thing costs what it does, and what sort of money you'd need from the community in order to cover it. Unless if you have the capital available yourselves, you're going to be relying on a good number of us to contribute money to make it happen, so I think that's only fair.
The reason of this section of the forum is to gain interest and be transparent on current developments. The costs will be transparent when the organizers are at the stage of saying: Ok we’re doing this and this and that and that banner is gonna be this big the food will be this and that etc… As Scratch mentioned the Preliminary costs you’re reading are calculated doing some research on the matter and assenting towards an estimate.

No one knows yet how many furries will attend, this will change costs.
No one knows yet how all the transport will be sorted among attendies, this will change costs.
No one knows yet exactly what furries would like to do at this convention, this will change costs.

The reasons for the estimate are so that furries can see what we are looking at in regards with pricing. Not R10 per person and not R10,000.00 per person.
Tetsudra

Post by Tetsudra »

@Inpw So in other words, there's been a month of talking and planning and asking and guessing, and what you have to show for it so far is basically nothing.

If you don't have solid estimates for anything yet, that means that nobody's spoken to any vendors. If you don't know what furries want to do at this "con", that means nobody's reading these forums and taking notes. I'm not sure why transport is even an issue - you've already decided to host it at UFS, shooting down all other suggestions, so it should be pretty clear what's involved there.

So for all your talking, what do you actually have to show for it? Or are the three of you now collectively hoping it'll somehow magically sort itself out? Running around this endless chicken-and-egg dance where you need furries to provide details and commitments so you can plan, and furries want that plan from you before they commit, which you require the details for, and on and on and on?
Inpw wrote:The reasons for the estimate are so that furries can see what we are looking at in regards with pricing. Not R10 per person and not R10,000.00 per person.
And what are you looking at in regards to pricing? The R1200 figure is based on "preliminary research" that, for all your "transparency", you've posted precisely zero numbers for. If after a month of planning, a draft spreadsheet with a cost breakdown is too much effort, then I'd hate to see what happens when you've gotta start putting deposits down.

I was initially gonna donate towards this, but now you can count me out. Between you, Scratch and Ivic I haven't seen a single answer that hasn't raised more questions. Best of luck with it, I'll be cheering you on from here.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

Several words come to mind each time I read a post made by you Tetsudra... Fortunately as this is a family show I shall endeavour to keep then all to myself... I apologise for any further spelling or grammar errors, my phone and I don't always speak the same language.

Tetsudra... What Ivic, Scratch and Inpw are saying is they have put a great deal of thought into this. Yes they have spent many a night carefully discussing said project and no, nothing has happened in a concrete way so far because in case you haven't noticed none of then are married to wealthy benefactors/sleeping with Jacob Zuma. Therefore what do YOU expect from them?

Above this, I am part of the committee for events and social events at my stable yard. Last year we organised a large concert called Deep in the Woods. We had veen plabnibg said concert for 3 years. We hosted all of 500 people at the event for one 24 hour period (we had a VERY good DJ line up) and are hoping for at least 650this year.

I've been there. These things don't just happen. It took us 18 months to make the first concrete step in making this concert happen and it still had issues!

I must admit i find this constant shooting down you are doing of everything very heartbreaking, and on Tuesday night I was even considering just leaving the forum because I am tired of such negativity.

But you know what? I don't care for your begative statements. I believe Scratch, Ivic and Inpw are doing this tye right way.

Build a bridge, get off your high horse and try seeing things from a different perspective for once in your narrow minded life.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

EDIT: I'll admit, I might not be the most constructive contributor to this thread, but at least I'm not saying giving up before even starting is the way to go.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

I want his hat
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

Tetsudra wrote: I was initially gonna donate towards this, but now you can count me out. Between you, Scratch and Ivic I haven't seen a single answer that hasn't raised more questions. Best of luck with it, I'll be cheering you on from here.
I see a lot of finger pointing and bitching from you, but no actual help.
No offers to pitch in and get your hands dirty.
I've met a few people like you.
I don't think you ever intended to donate anything but words and criticism.

When even Ravensong, who has the biggest heart in the world, can find some choice words for you, I can't imagine what others must think of you.

Please try be more helpful in future or keep your comments to yourself. You're not doing yourself any favours with your drama lama acting.
[REDACTED]
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

You know I saw some planning for the meet before this part of the forum was even made and my main criticism was that there was no proposed budget. I don't think Testsudra is out of line to bring that up. If you don't have a vague idea of how much everything is going to cost then you can't propose ticket prices, can't see how many people are needed and can't tell people how much they need to save. Of course the budget will change as things get finalized but you need a starting point. Complaining about him pointing that out seems a little like shooting someone down for negativity when they say you need a boat without holes before attempting to sail across a lake. That's not being negative, that's being realistic.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:You know I saw some planning for the meet before this part of the forum was even made and my main criticism was that there was no proposed budget. I don't think Testsudra is out of line to bring that up. If you don't have a vague idea of how much everything is going to cost then you can't propose ticket prices, can't see how many people are needed and can't tell people how much they need to save. Of course the budget will change as things get finalized but you need a starting point. Complaining about him pointing that out seems a little like shooting someone down for negativity when they say you need a boat without holes before attempting to sail across a lake. That's not being negative, that's being realistic.
We have a budget but we're looking at options at present. Some people are a bit slow to get back to us and we're just looking into finalizing a couple of numbers. I've got a few people looking at comparative prices right now to see whether it would indeed be feasible for moving the con. This is a long process and some of us are doing this completely voluntarily. Above and beyond that we are also finalizing our team.

I ask for a bit of patience so that we can show you at least to the extent that our pros and cons and the decisions that have been made, that the price of the venue alone would most probably outweigh moving it from site to site. We had a discussion on Thursday about this very perspective and I know I've asked around as to whether the prices should be mentioned and I'd rather we hold off on it now as we are in a preliminary phase of ensuring that everyone knows what to do and that we're in agreement about certain things.

Excuse us for being hesitant about it since as you can see a lot of the feedback has been negative and unproductive so far and we'd like to have every duck in a row before we look at this as a set plan. My suggestions on Bloem are however backed up by a fair amount of research and speaking to other furs who have attempted this kind of endeavour before. But I was also gauging interest to see whether we would first need to look at the idea of shifting the con from one province to the other.

At present and at least considering the current trend of thought and some comments on holding it at the hubs the thought is, Since JHB has the largest amount of furs it would be easier to hold it here, however due to previous failures the general consensus amongst some furs from here especially the ones involved in some of the initial attempts, that it won't be feasible in the long term due to lack of interest due to it being far off for CT furs and the interest for them would not be as pronounced. Therefore the closest large city was Bloem.

Not to mention accommodation in Bloem comes across far cheaper. R330 per night was one estimate that we had received from a guest house for a day. Conference in Gauteng at a place I considered cheap: R1050 for one night per person.

But since there was a call to move it around or at least be flexible around it, it has been discussed and we will try and look at other viable options. (De Aar is not one of them btw). We will attempt to be as transparent as possible in the coming weeks to see about feasibility.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

[quote="Rakuen Growlithe"]You know I saw some planning for the meet before this part of the forum was even made and my main criticism was that there was no proposed budget. I don't think Testsudra is out of line to bring that up. If you don't have a vague idea of how much everything is going to cost then you can't propose ticket prices, can't see how many people are needed and can't tell people how much they need to save. Of course the budget will change as things get finalized but you need a starting point. Complaining about him pointing that out seems a little like shooting someone down for negativity when they say you need a boat without holes before attempting to sail across a lake. That's not being negative, that's being realistic.[/quote]

Everybody's budget can't be worked out. We all come from different places. Travel expenses will all be different. People's expenses are all different. All we can do is work out a minimum per person. That would be a price excluding travel, daily meals and accommodation, (because people would buy different things depending on their afforabe expenditure.)
So in essence, a ticket price. This would cover entry fees to secure the payment for the venue.
I believe the venue is looked at in Bloem already?
So we just need to work out how many furs would be attending so you can figure out how much to charge.
[REDACTED]
Tetsudra

Post by Tetsudra »

Ravensong wrote:Several words come to mind each time I read a post made by you Tetsudra...
Go ahead and say them - I'm probably the one person in the world that cares about those opinions the least.
Ravensong wrote:Build a bridge, get off your high horse and try seeing things from a different perspective for once in your narrow minded life.
It's hugely ironic. Ask Valerion if you don't believe me. Him and I got into an argument, precisely because I've tried seeing things from other people's points of view. Basically the argument was that maybe the native people in SA don't want the same gadgets and lifestyle that us "imperialist" immigrants do. Just by stating that maybe my way is not the right way, it got Valerion all upset.

So I'm already doing what you suggest, and guess what, other furs give me grief for it. At this point I'm really just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ about everything.

BTW, The fact that it took your company 18 months to plan an event doesn't mean all events take 18 months. My company hosts an event every year that takes roughly 3 months to plan. I've seen trance parties thrown together in less time. It all comes down to how organized and efficient you are.
Helios_phi wrote:Everybody's budget can't be worked out. We all come from different places. Travel expenses will all be different. People's expenses are all different. All we can do is work out a minimum per person.
I'm really sorry, but that just rings like a massive cop-out to me. Nobody asked you to work out all of our own individual budgets - that's up to the individuals. The cost of attending your event is one of the cost components, and people need to know what that cost component is up-front, so they can plan.
Helios_phi wrote:So we just need to work out how many furs would be attending so you can figure out how much to charge.
Again with the chicken-and-egg thing. You won't get commitments until you put a price on the table. Even if you just say that's the maximum price, and will decrease if more furs sign on.
Helios_phi wrote:I see a lot of finger pointing and bitching from you, but no actual help.
@Ivic, do me a favor and show Helios the IRC log where I info-dumped all the planning stuff on you? Then show him the part where I asked you who was going to be planning this thing, and none of the names mentioned were mine?

@Helios Pointing out serious flaws in your planning does not count as bitching. If anything, it's free work on my part, since Ivic never planned on making me a part of the group that was going to organize this thing.
Helios_phi wrote:When even Ravensong, who has the biggest heart in the world, can find some choice words for you, I can't imagine what others must think of you.
I don't need to imagine what others think of me - I know, and I'm pretty sure it's good, given all the opportunities that keep opening up for me. That's the main difference - I operate in a world where it's important to get shit done. Most people here seem more concerned with being happy than ambitious, which is probably why I keep rubbing people up the wrong way.

The tl;dr here is that I don't really care what you think of me as a person, and trying to hit me on that level isn't gonna shame me into changing anything. All I've done so far for this convention is tried to be the voice of reason, to point out that certain things need to happen in a certain order if anyone's gonna attend, and I've done my best to point out the gaping holes in the logic to date. I've done that without insulting anyone, or insinuating that I had "choice words" for anyone, or implying that I think anyone is incompetent or unfit for the job. I've played the ball, not the man, and now this is the thanks I get.

But then again, people will read whatever the hell they want to read, no matter how many times you clarify things, so there's not much I can do there tbh.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

I do actually have logs and a post actually ascertaining as to whether you would be our go-to in respect to perspective of "business sensibility" within the endeavor. I have also asked your advice on several occasions, true. I have noted many of your assertions and have attempted to show some form of decorum and thought to my replies. Not that you don't, mind you but it has been seen by people outside of the planning team that you can be very divisive. Which as you ascertained in your previous post may not have been your intention and it is overall understood as such given your explanation.

I have attempted to be accommodating and as I said before we are attempting to look at the options and that most of my responses were in fact attempting to weigh Bloem against other options on a historical scale. Something that I have said time and again also attempting to show why not holding it in the Hubs was a good idea.

This is a number that we received from a quote that I received from the University of Freestate:

R60 000 to hold the event.

This includes double rooms for 50 furs, 6 meals over two days and 2 venues (200 seaters) for 3 days.

Works out as follows From Friday to Sunday Afternoon:

R220 per person per day (sharing) for the rooms

For 50 furs 2 nights: R22000

R150-per person for 3 meals a day (we would like to arrange those meals to be breakfast and lunch only so that we can possibly arrange a braai or some such on one or both of the evenings)

- For 50 furs over 2 days - R15000

Venues - R3000 per day

2 Venues over three days- R18000

You'll see this actually amounts to R55000. Modestly we'd like to put aside R5000 for sundry costs. However we could probably expect that cost to be higher anyway.

So: Base cost, bare boned (pending information in respect to entertainment and other mixture of things that would be necessary)

R1200 would be the base price allocated for furs to be able to attend. This is by far not a final cost. This merely covers the venue. I need to stress this fact.

We are (as stated in my last post) considering other options with a similar set-up. Of them being NMMU in the Eastern Cape and possibly Stellenbosch University. I do have a group of furs who are attempting to find these prices for me and I will forward them as soon as possible.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

Tetsudra wrote:
Ravensong wrote:Several words come to mind each time I read a post made by you Tetsudra...
Go ahead and say them - I'm probably the one person in the world that cares about those opinions the least.
Ravensong wrote:Build a bridge, get off your high horse and try seeing things from a different perspective for once in your narrow minded life.
It's hugely ironic. Ask Valerion if you don't believe me. Him and I got into an argument, precisely because I've tried seeing things from other people's points of view. Basically the argument was that maybe the native people in SA don't want the same gadgets and lifestyle that us "imperialist" immigrants do. Just by stating that maybe my way is not the right way, it got Valerion all upset.

So I'm already doing what you suggest, and guess what, other furs give me grief for it. At this point I'm really just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ about everything.

BTW, The fact that it took your company 18 months to plan an event doesn't mean all events take 18 months. My company hosts an event every year that takes roughly 3 months to plan. I've seen trance parties thrown together in less time. It all comes down to how organized and efficient you are.
Helios_phi wrote:Everybody's budget can't be worked out. We all come from different places. Travel expenses will all be different. People's expenses are all different. All we can do is work out a minimum per person.
I'm really sorry, but that just rings like a massive cop-out to me. Nobody asked you to work out all of our own individual budgets - that's up to the individuals. The cost of attending your event is one of the cost components, and people need to know what that cost component is up-front, so they can plan.
Helios_phi wrote:So we just need to work out how many furs would be attending so you can figure out how much to charge.
Again with the chicken-and-egg thing. You won't get commitments until you put a price on the table. Even if you just say that's the maximum price, and will decrease if more furs sign on.
Helios_phi wrote:I see a lot of finger pointing and bitching from you, but no actual help.
@Ivic, do me a favor and show Helios the IRC log where I info-dumped all the planning stuff on you? Then show him the part where I asked you who was going to be planning this thing, and none of the names mentioned were mine?

@Helios Pointing out serious flaws in your planning does not count as bitching. If anything, it's free work on my part, since Ivic never planned on making me a part of the group that was going to organize this thing.
Helios_phi wrote:When even Ravensong, who has the biggest heart in the world, can find some choice words for you, I can't imagine what others must think of you.
I don't need to imagine what others think of me - I know, and I'm pretty sure it's good, given all the opportunities that keep opening up for me. That's the main difference - I operate in a world where it's important to get shit done. Most people here seem more concerned with being happy than ambitious, which is probably why I keep rubbing people up the wrong way.

The tl;dr here is that I don't really care what you think of me as a person, and trying to hit me on that level isn't gonna shame me into changing anything. All I've done so far for this convention is tried to be the voice of reason, to point out that certain things need to happen in a certain order if anyone's gonna attend, and I've done my best to point out the gaping holes in the logic to date. I've done that without insulting anyone, or insinuating that I had "choice words" for anyone, or implying that I think anyone is incompetent or unfit for the job. I've played the ball, not the man, and now this is the thanks I get.

But then again, people will read whatever the hell they want to read, no matter how many times you clarify things, so there's not much I can do there tbh.
I don't normally do this, but I'll quote the whole post,...... cause honestly I have no other words.
I have never seen anyone fight so hard for what is effectively a hobby.
You sound like a fucking winner.
[REDACTED]
Franky
The Bad Guy
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox

Post by Franky »

Guys…

This thread is turning into a big bucket of nope. Please can we not?

Tetsudra, you make valid points in each discussion and we do take them up each time we’re brainstorming. My question is why is your critique so denigrate?

By now you made it perfectly clear that your agenda is different from just helping out. I don’t know what that is but it’s abundantly clear that you weren’t intended to go to the convention in the first place. As I said you have pretty good points in each discussion but got yourself in a position where anything you say here will get shot down by members now.

There is a difference between critique and insulting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, back on topic. What I would still like to know Ivic is if I can have a layout of the venue so that we can plan a bit ahead of time and start working on the final costs. Inside and outside.

Also make a little flyer thingy with that layout so that people get more of an idea what is going to happen there and where it’s going to happen.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Inpw wrote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, back on topic. What I would still like to know Ivic is if I can have a layout of the venue so that we can plan a bit ahead of time and start working on the final costs. Inside and outside.

Also make a little flyer thingy with that layout so that people get more of an idea what is going to happen there and where it’s going to happen.
The venue layout will most probably change considering the fact that we may want to exchange one of the hall layouts for a lecture room which may be more beneficial to having forums and information sessions and such.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

I know this is a little late... but i found a quote from a man that I admire a lot... Dwight D. Eisenhower:

In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.

Just some inspiration for us all :)
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

You guys shouldn't hate so much on Tetsudra, he raises some vital points.

I'll try keep this short.

My input;

Firstly,
All the planning sound vague and as if the PM+Team are unsure of what's going on. That doesn't instill confidence in a customer/client.

Tetsudra basically just said he wants a price list. Price list listing detailed breakdown of what your expenses would be, and if they would change if more people got on board. Maybe including a risk factor of people dropping out and how that would affect cost.

Secondly,
Tetsudra was debating calling it a convention when you stated (I assume) that you wanted it to be ONLY a furry event?

IMO that's going to restrict your customer base too much, just make it open for anyone and everyone to come visit. Anthrocon doesn't only allow furries, that'd be stupid.
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf

Post by Valerion »

Fluke wrote:All the planning sound vague and as if the PM+Team are unsure of what's going on. That doesn't instill confidence in a customer/client.

Tetsudra basically just said he wants a price list. Price list listing detailed breakdown of what your expenses would be, and if they would change if more people got on board. Maybe including a risk factor of people dropping out and how that would affect cost.
This is still in the planning phase, or was when the posts were made. Because we decided to value community input early on. We even provided a preliminary figure, but that wasn't good enough either.

But clearly you only want finalized set-in-stone plans. You should wait for the final lists to be published then.
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

Valerion wrote: This is still in the planning phase, or was when the posts were made. Because we decided to value community input early on. We even provided a preliminary figure, but that wasn't good enough either.
Planning phase is the phase for planning costs.
Planning wrote:The processes required to establish the scope of the project, refine the objectives, and define the course of action required to attain the objectives that the project was undertaken to achieve.
We want the scope.

Valerion wrote: But clearly you only want finalized set-in-stone plans. You should wait for the final lists to be published then.
I want more transparency. I haven't read everything, but for a lack of better words this whole thing feels like the PM's dragging their feet, or waiting for input from others who are never replying.
From re-reading this thread, I know the costs given were more of an emotional-response / thinking while typing than a logical planned out one.

However as a potential investor I would want to know how and where it will be spent.
Somewhere to start off would maybe to a vote for the rough location (city). Then looking at rental cost of location + stays per night. Provide rental cost of location per day and cost of accommodation for 1, 2, 3 nights. Food is a cost up to you. Most cons IIRC do not provide food, however a daily braai at lunch could work.

So something like this basically;
example.PNG
Book1.xlsx
(11.21 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
IT-Werewolf
Species: werewolf. Anti-furry furry.

Re%3a+Convention+Q%26A

Post by IT-Werewolf »

QUESTION%3a%0aSo%2c+long+story+short%2c+what+exactly+happens+at+a+furry+convention%3f+Is+there+actually+anything+interesting+about+furry+conventions%3f

http://donotspeaktomeorelse.deviantart.com
http://www.facebook.com/it.werewolf
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/it-werewolf/

My name is Lance and I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
I suffer from mild Asperger's Syndrome.
Helios_phi
The depraved

Re: Re%3a+Convention+Q%26A

Post by Helios_phi »

IT-Werewolf wrote:QUESTION%3a%0aSo%2c+long+story+short%2c+what+exactly+happens+at+a+furry+convention%3f+Is+there+actually+anything+interesting+about+furry+conventions%3f
Attachments
1392530697797.jpg
[REDACTED]
IT-Werewolf
Species: werewolf. Anti-furry furry.

Post by IT-Werewolf »

Sorry, it seems one of my phone's browsers is less forum-friendly than I.

So, let me re-ask:

Question: What goes on at a furry convention?

http://donotspeaktomeorelse.deviantart.com
http://www.facebook.com/it.werewolf
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/it-werewolf/

My name is Lance and I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
I suffer from mild Asperger's Syndrome.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

You could network and promote your art, for one.
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

This might have already been asked and stated somewhere but I'm too lazy to read through everything again. So I have a few questions:

When was it taking place again? I remember June or July 2016
I need to check to see if I'm actually able to attend.

If this is available how does attendance look so far? I'm getting quite hyped as the time draws closer.

Also on a sidenote, as for my attendance I am full steam ahead planning on going, been saving up for some time now and I'm working really hard on my fursuit to get it ready for the "con"
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
vakie
Species: Fox

Post by vakie »

When was it taking place again? I remember June or July 2016
I need to check to see if I'm actually able to attend.
Got an email from Yukon saying that it will be postponed to 2017.
-Something profound-
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Got an email from Yukon saying that it will be postponed to 2017.
Which is something they were kind of figuring out how to word and post an official announcement...
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

So we're 2 for 5? Or 6 now? :/
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~