Convention Q&A

The 2016 South Afrifur Convention didn't happen.
Randall
Species: Funambulus palmarum (Squirrel)
Region: Gauteng

Re: Convention Q&A

Post by Randall »

OK, I am getting confused here,

Was the con meant to be on the same footing as, for example anthrocon, eurofurence and confurence as held overseas?

As for private things, I understand about that.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Randall wrote:Was the con meant to be on the same footing as, for example anthrocon, eurofurence and confurence as held overseas?
What exactly do you mean by that? Those are also aimed only at furs and non-registered people can't join.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Randall

Post by Randall »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:
Randall wrote:Was the con meant to be on the same footing as, for example anthrocon, eurofurence and confurence as held overseas?
What exactly do you mean by that? Those are also aimed only at furs and non-registered people can't join.
I mean thus
Furs only, or furs and general public? I was under the impression that this conference was going to be open to all. This is why I ask all these questions. I am trying to get the bigger picture.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

For the new ones, Ivic would be able to say better. For the old ones, we weren't stopping non-furs from joining but unless they found out through a fur then they wouldn't be aware of it. Nor was it something to encourage. The whole idea was this; we have local furmeets but don't see all the other furs on the forum. We wanted a national meet to bring the furry community together in person and see the people you otherwise wouldn't get to see. That was it.

Edit: And just to help give an idea of what it was like back then: https://www.flayrah.com/3396/south-afrifur-2010-report
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Randall

Post by Randall »

Thank you. Now I am fully in the picture.
Now I understand the current position and status