Con Shirt Design!

The 2017 South Afrifur Convention was held from 14-17 July at Magalies Retreat with 28 attendees.
Scratch
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Blue Wolf
Region: Western Cape

Con Shirt Design!

Post by Scratch »

Hello, all artists and interested parties!

We're looking for some folks to submit designs for our con's official shirts. If anyone has any designs they would like to submit, this is the place to do it.

A few stipulations:
- Due to printing restrictions, the design must contain a limited number of solid colours (no shading)
- The design can either be in vector (for easy resizing) or high resolution raster (300dpi and large enough to print on a shirt).
- Multiple designs can be entered, and if several designs follow a theme or a set, we may consider multiple designs to choose from.
- We'd like to start the printing as soon as possible, so we're making the soft cut-off Monday May 22nd, but if you need some more time, we can work something out. We'd ideally like to start the printing at the end of May.
- After all submissions have been received, we'll put the shirt designs to vote by convention attendees and use the winning design.

If there are any questions, do not hesitate to message me directly, here, on WhatsApp or on Telegram, or post any questions below.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Re: Con Shirt Design!

Post by Raven Song »

If ive already submitted one (no idea if you got it, never got a response) must i also resubmit here?
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Vulpest
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Umbreon

Post by Vulpest »

I think you have to have opacity too BTW so .PNG files for us people that don't do vectors?

Ha! Now to submit the first generic paw colored in sa colors before someone beats me to it!
conshirt.png
Sudan Red
Species: Lion
Region: Gauteng

Post by Sudan Red »

Eeeep! I hope my tablet makes it here in time. I would love to enter.

EDIT: One question - does the con have a theme?
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf

Post by Valerion »

RavenSong wrote:If ive already submitted one (no idea if you got it, never got a response) must i also resubmit here?
Yours was discussed by the staff already, but it's probably best if you post it here so everyone can see.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Sudan Red wrote:Eeeep! I hope my tablet makes it here in time. I would love to enter.

EDIT: One question - does the con have a theme?
There's no set theme, no. Although "first" and "South Africa" might be considered our themes, if that's a good starting point for you :P
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Not first, it's the third South Afrifur to actually be held. First was back in 2008.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

RavenSong wrote:If I've already submitted one (no idea if you got it, never got a response) must I also resubmit here?
So when are we going to see it?
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:Not first, it's the third South Afrifur to actually be held. First was back in 2008.
Oh, crap, yeah. My humble apologies ^^;
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

Sorry Sev, life got in the way :P

Here be mine, which the team already dun seen.

It has shading and stuff though doesn't it... so that's a no no (in my defence I did it before the thread was started and just forgot to send it)
zebra colour.png
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

It does look pretty cool. Probably would look great on a black shirt.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

A black shirt would loose the ear tips.
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

Light-medium grey textured shirt then.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Since both have the same management team (and yet somehow aren't affiliated ¯\_(ツ)_/¯), what about simply using the forum logo?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Not the same team; there is just some overlap. I don't think anyone has a high-res version of the logo though. Or at least, I don't. That's why I asked WolfyDragon to make me a new image for the title slide of my ZA Fur presentation.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

"Some" overlap... Yeah, right. You're not fooling anyone.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Leeward wrote:"Some" overlap... Yeah, right. You're not fooling anyone.
Rakuen isn't on the board. We've spoken about this before. It's Myself, Scratch, Valerion, Yukon, Yote, Power Cat is web dev alongside Yukon and Rakuen and Rocket have been officially asked on consultation, this doesn't, however, discount the amount of other furs we have asked for their opinion and their help on one thing or another.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Kievvu
Species: Canis Lupus
Region: Northwest and North Cape

Post by Kievvu »

You know..going through this forum I'm starting to understand why your sona is a cow.
and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in saying now that your (to be absolutely blatant) whining bitchiness is getting seriously overdone and boring now. If you don't like it here so much then why stay? You have the furnace now so why not be just there if all you do here is be negative about practically everything? Do you not even consider that some of the things you have said and done are ruining things for people who do actually like it here? and yes you read that right there are some who do like it here and not everyone has the same opinions you do. :roll:
Steam: Kievvu
Telegram: @Kievvu
Furry Amino: Kievvu
Discord: Kievvu#1856
Blizzard: Kievvu#2944
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Let's please try and be civil here, folks. We're here to discuss shirt designs.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Kievvu wrote:
You know..going through this forum I'm starting to understand why your sona is a cow.
and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in saying now that your (to be absolutely blatant) whining bitchiness is getting seriously overdone and boring now. If you don't like it here so much then why stay? You have the furnace now so why not be just there if all you do here is be negative about practically everything? Do you not even consider that some of the things you have said and done are ruining things for people who do actually like it here? and yes you read that right there are some who do like it here and not everyone has the same opinions you do. :roll:
Lol I feel like I'm hearing myself from 3 years ago. Listen here little greenhorn. You think this place is wonderful now, but just wait until you've seen exactly how much political bullshit goes on in the background, and you'll see why I act the way I do. You think you know everything because you read a few of my past posts, but did you actually bother to ask me anything? Of course not, you made assumptions because accusations are easier than understanding. I have to thank you though, you unintentionally made me reach an epiphany which I'll write about elsewhere.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

According to Ivic's list, 2/5 (40%) members of the board are staff here on the forum. If you extend it to consultation and web development, it is 3/8 (38%). There is overlap, but it is far from being the same management, according to the numbers. And given the size of the community and the role the forum plays, overlap was inevitable. The only politics I am aware of is the incessant criticism of this forum and its management, which is admittedly wearing thin at this point.

Back onto the original topic: I really like your design, Raven. :D As Fluke suggested, it would look wonderful on a grey shirt.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

The only politics you're aware of, precisely. But you're right, it is wearing thin. I'll shut up now.
Kievvu

Post by Kievvu »

Leeward wrote: Lol I feel like I'm hearing myself from 3 years ago. Listen here little greenhorn. You think this place is wonderful now, but just wait until you've seen exactly how much political bullshit goes on in the background, and you'll see why I act the way I do. You think you know everything because you read a few of my past posts, but did you actually bother to ask me anything? Of course not, you made assumptions because accusations are easier than understanding. I have to thank you though, you unintentionally made me reach an epiphany which I'll write about elsewhere.
I don't think I know everything nor do I claim to anywhere in what I said. I do know though that several people are fed up with your behaviour and have either spoken to you, said something or wanted to say something for quite a while now. I also know that I got a pretty good number of "Thank you's" for what I said with confirmation and agreement which means I am not alone in being sick of reading your negativity. You say I'll see why you act the way you do..well I would like to repeat my earlier notion of if you don't like it here and have an alternative that you yourself had a hand in creating, why do you stay?
Kievvu

Post by Kievvu »

Back on topic though. These designs are looking pretty good so far. I can't wait to see what the final one will be :3
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Kievvu wrote:
Leeward wrote: Lol I feel like I'm hearing myself from 3 years ago. Listen here little greenhorn. You think this place is wonderful now, but just wait until you've seen exactly how much political bullshit goes on in the background, and you'll see why I act the way I do. You think you know everything because you read a few of my past posts, but did you actually bother to ask me anything? Of course not, you made assumptions because accusations are easier than understanding. I have to thank you though, you unintentionally made me reach an epiphany which I'll write about elsewhere.
I don't think I know everything nor do I claim to anywhere in what I said. I do know though that several people are fed up with your behaviour and have either spoken to you, said something or wanted to say something for quite a while now. I also know that I got a pretty good number of "Thank you's" for what I said with confirmation and agreement which means I am not alone in being sick of reading your negativity. You say I'll see why you act the way you do..well I would like to repeat my earlier notion of if you don't like it here and have an alternative that you yourself had a hand in creating, why do you stay?
Just because people agree with you didn't mean you're right. If people have a problem with me they're welcome to tell me as much, but so far I haven't heard a thing so I'd wager they don't know the context any more than you do. I therefore repeat my open invitation to ask me directly, but by now it's obvious that it won't be taken up. I find it strange that you seem to care about my negativity so much and yet have no interest in finding out what causes it. How ironic.

To answer your question, I'm still here because I've done nothing wrong and take guilty pleasure in being annoying without breaking the rules. I'm already the persona non grata, so why not enjoy it? It can only end one of two ways: I get perma-banned, or I get bored. It's just a question of who has the most patience... and I've got a lot of patience.
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

I'm sorry Lee. But she's right.
You're upset because of personal disputes between you and management.

And unlike Kievvu. I did talk to you about it. And not just assume anything.

This is personal. It has nothing to do with logic anymore. And yes. Youbhave some reason to be upset with some of the staff. But you're making the whole place negative because of your personal quarrels...
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

K
Victor
Species: Tataur (feline taur)

Post by Victor »

http://victor.furryplace.eu
“Conquests will come and go but this work will endure.”
.......................................................Napoleon 1806
[/size]Tataur Homepage ..... ..... FurAffinity ..... SoFurry ..... ..... ZAFur Map ..... FurryMap ..... ..... FurryMate ..... Pounced
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Species: Vulpes chama

Post by Cape_F0X »

But what if your bitch likes to play rough?!
Erdwolf_TVL
Species: Aardwolf

Post by Erdwolf_TVL »

Back on topic - I'm in favour of keeping it simple. I like the logo at the top of https://south-afrifur.co.za/.