South Afrifur is trying something new!

For discussion of the South Afrifur Pawdcast episodes.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Green Folf
Region: Gauteng

South Afrifur is trying something new!

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Hey guys! South Afrifur is trying something new!

(Adding the title and repeating the title in the body, so original!)

We're moving over to Furstream to see whether it may be a better medium! Come have a listen and see how you feel about it.:

https://furstre.am/stream/South-Afrifur

Also we have a facebook page: www.facebook.com/southafrifur

And a twitter page: https://twitter.com/SouthAfrifur

Keep an eye out for when we're streaming...like tonight...at 8pm.

See ya there!
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Re: South Afrifur is trying something new!

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Why do you think it might be better?
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

But but but... will you leave the old shows on Mixlr?
I'm still catching up on those, I'm only half-way through October. :?
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Leeward wrote:But but but... will you leave the old shows on Mixlr?
I'm still catching up on those, I'm only half-way through October. :?
Of course those stay, we'll also start uploading those on to Youtube.

Furstream pretty much "forces" us to upload our videos immediately to youtube which allows for a good turnaround time for furs who may not necessarily be able to watch/access the site.

Also Furstream allows us to do a lot more with our podcast, by giving us the same type of setup as Ustream, just minus having to pay $99 per month.

Also, the channel is fur-specific which means the chances of furs from all over just walking in and having a listen is good.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Well I must say I did actually find the new one better. I didn't need a new account and it worked through Firefox. Mixlr didn't cause I'm on Linux and it doesn't get the latest Flash. Seeing who is talking and being able to show pictures is pretty nice too.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:Mixlr didn't cause I'm on Linux and it doesn't get the latest Flash.
Huh? I've been listening to the Mixlr ones on my Linux machine (though with Chrome, not Firefox) without any issues whatsoever.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Leeward wrote:Huh? I've been listening to the Mixlr ones on my Linux machine (though with Chrome, not Firefox) without any issues whatsoever.
Chrome (or Chromium) uses some pepper something plugin to mimic Flash. It's provided by Google I think and works the same as Adobe Flash. Firefox uses the Adobe Flash plugin which Adobe only gives security updates to so it can't use sites that require the latest Flash. It also can't use the pepper plugin because Mozilla said Flash is stupid and will be replaced by new HTML standards in the future so there's no point trying to build compatibility with pepper.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I have a n00b question... where do I find the archive of the talks that were aired on Furstream?

- 10 seconds later -
Ivic-Wulfe wrote:Furstream pretty much "forces" us to upload our videos immediately to youtube which allows for a good turnaround time for furs who may not necessarily be able to watch/access the site.
*Checks the old YouTube channel* Oh here it is! *Facehoof*
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

So last night we decided to cut back on the amount of Wednesday Podcasts due to many of us getting rather busy with our respective jobs. We will still attempt to make Wednesday podcasts but that depends on the availability of our guests. If we do have a guest we will update accordingly.