General Pawdcast

For discussion of the South Afrifur Pawdcast episodes.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Green Folf
Region: Gauteng

General Pawdcast

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Good Day!

Please note the following!

This is the General information topic! For any and all queries in respect to the Pawdcast they go here. This includes topic requests, possible suggestions and of course guest suggestions!!

It has been almost two months that we have been live! We're slowly beginning to place some of our ducks in a row and we're actually working ahead for once as you can see!

What has been done so far!

1. Mixlr has become our favoured podcasting channel for the time being. There are others and I understand that it may be a bit difficult to get onto for now but we will work through that as soon as it becomes a major issue! http://www.mixlr.com/south-afrifur/

2. Our youtube site is up and running https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCooEdo ... LvUUWnPE2g
we will post our podcasts here or you can view them off the showreel on the mixlr website!

3. Implementation of smooth background Jazz Music! Listen to our sexy, slow and sultry voices with the accompaniment of some sweet, soothing (Creative Commons approved) jazz!

4. An itinerary of up and coming events that should take place, possible interviews with the following (pending confirmation and in no particular order or date):

1. Dalmydadog Recently second place at Furpocalypse for fursuit dancing!
2. Furmedia Presenters!
3. Local furs!
4. Spot! (Co-presenter for Fur-radio in America)
5. Q&A podcasts!
6. Local zoologists - Biffy Antlers, Siren Leo and Dan Leo (Doge)
7. Shiacoft (Co-producer and actor for DifFURrently)

Our varied and veering conversation style may leave you wondering what you walked into with some of our past topics moving from Sharknado ---> food-typed undergarments.

We also attempt to keep an open commentary line so that our audience can either comment on what is being said or ask questions to our varied guests!

SO! TL/DR! Place your suggestions and ideas here! Check out our website! Pop us a mail! southafrifur@gmail.com Show us some luurv! We'll pander to almost anything (some anubians have had an adverse reaction to being told that a strip search will be administered.) So let us know!
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Re: General Pawdcast

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

This is convenient, I was about to suggest a topic. Although I still haven't got around to seeing a second episode... Anyway, what about doing something around this? http://adjectivespecies.com/2014/11/10/ ... nd-fandom/ It's latest release from the Canadian sponsored study on the furry fandom. There've been a few of these reports and Nuka (furry scientist on the project) was also in a National Geographic documentary on furries.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Sounds like a good call for info. Defs look at it for tomorrow. Actually want to see if we can get an expert in for it. You have anyone in mind?
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Expert on furry studies? Or sociology? My first guess would be to ask Nuka, though if he's in Canada the time difference will be quite bad. But no one will know the work better than him. Otherwise I'd look on [adjective][species]. JM did that write up and although I disagree with him on a number of points about the furry fandom he should know what's going on. A better second choice might be Klisoura. He runs the [adjective][species] survey, which I think is now overshadowed by the IARP work but it is in his area.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:Expert on furry studies? Or sociology? My first guess would be to ask Nuka, though if he's in Canada the time difference will be quite bad. But no one will know the work better than him. Otherwise I'd look on [adjective][species]. JM did that write up and although I disagree with him on a number of points about the furry fandom he should know what's going on. A better second choice might be Klisoura. He runs the [adjective][species] survey, which I think is now overshadowed by the IARP work but it is in his area.
Do you have contact with any of these furs so that I'd be able to set up some sort of meeting on skype with them? Knowing furs like that it is difficukt getting their attention without being 'someone' in the community.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

The only one I've had contact with is JM and that was only through articles and comments on Flayrah and [adjective][species].
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:The only one I've had contact with is JM and that was only through articles and comments on Flayrah and [adjective][species].
Just spoke to him! Confirmed for the podcast on the 3rd of December!
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Ivic-Wulfe wrote:
Rakuen Growlithe wrote:The only one I've had contact with is JM and that was only through articles and comments on Flayrah and [adjective][species].
Just spoke to him! Confirmed for the podcast on the 3rd of December!
Cool! I'll put extra effort into giving this one a listen.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I thought these things are at 20:00 SA time? That seems to be now. I went to go make sure I could get it all working to hear the one on Wednesday and it looks like it's all done. :/
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

Eskom made them bring it forward :(
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Ravensong wrote:Eskom made them bring it forward :(
Heh. The way you say it makes me imagine Ivic got a letter from Eskom telling him he had to move the podcast time.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:
Heh. The way you say it makes me imagine Ivic got a letter from Eskom telling him he had to move the podcast time.
nah... that would make Eskom efficient :)
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Ravensong wrote:
Rakuen Growlithe wrote:
nah... that would make Eskom efficient :)
Well we do check the news in case there are outages.
Franky
The Bad Guy
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox

Post by Franky »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:I thought these things are at 20:00 SA time? That seems to be now. I went to go make sure I could get it all working to hear the one on Wednesday and it looks like it's all done. :/
Apologies for the last few weeks. We're really trying to work around the power issues and signal problems during this time. We shifted the past Sunday's stream to 19:00 to at least get the podcast done. Last week Wednesday we had to cancel the stream entirely.

Unfortunately due to the unpredictable nature of all of this the decisions gets made within limited time before the stream.

For now the podcast is still on 20:00 Wednesdays and Sundays until further notice.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Speaking of letting you know! This Wednesday JM Horse from adjective species will be joining us to speak about his research! If you have any questions for him then post them here! Also next week Wednesday we have Dalmydadog and confirmed Thursday with Shiacoft! Again, please let us know if you have any questions for them!
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Ivic-Wulfe wrote:Speaking of letting you know! This Wednesday JM Horse from adjective species will be joining us to speak about his research! If you have any questions for him then post them here! Also next week Wednesday we have Dalmydadog and confirmed Thursday with Shiacoft! Again, please let us know if you have any questions for them!
Dalmydadog is unfortunately not going to be able to join us tonight, however Shia is available for Thursday! But we'll be shifting that podcast up one hour to 9pm.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Okay! So Update!

Shia from Diffurently will be joining us tonight on the podcast! We will be speaking to him as to how he finds the Cons as well as how he came about creating his channel and what issues he had when he was working on it. We'll also ask him what it's like being a pink Cabbit. He's also completed his studies in Animation and we'll ask him about that as to how he'd be going forward with that! Remember tonight's podcast is at 9 and not at 8 as per usual.

Then this Sunday we're having a double guest surprise! JM Horse from Adjective Species will (pending any issues) be joining us along with Dalmy the dancing dalmation! We'll continue our chat about social demographics and have a look at some things from Dalmy's perspective as to how he has been treated being part of a smaller demographic. This is also the last Podcast that Accretion will be having with us for the year.

Also coming up this December/January time is the series involving our Zoologists where we speak about our animal selves and whether their wild-life behaviour actually link up to how we perceive it.

Remember if you have any suggestions for future podcasts or any questions that you'd like us to ask our guests, let us know!

So yah! Hope to see you guys on the cast!
Asbjorn-phoenix
Papa Bear
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: FireBear - Bear Phoenix hybrid

Post by Asbjorn-phoenix »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/1 ... 42184.html

Interesting article. Perhaps a few topics could be gotten out this article for further discussion on future pawdcast.
If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear,
if you've something to hide you shouldn't be here.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

That's the article GreenReaper is in. ^^ He shared it on Flayrah and Inkbunny. He's also on this forum but I don't think he's logged in for a long time.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Asbjorn-phoenix wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/1 ... 42184.html

Interesting article. Perhaps a few topics could be gotten out this article for further discussion on future pawdcast.
Thanls for the post, will try and discuss it tonight. JM should be joining us.
GreenReaper
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: Kai Norn (Creatures)

Post by GreenReaper »

Thanks for having me on the show today! Hopefully the extended session wasn't too tiring. o_o
Laurence "GreenReaper" Parry
GreenReaper Studios - WikiFur - Flayrah - Inkbunny
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

GreenReaper wrote:Thanks for having me on the show today! Hopefully the extended session wasn't too tiring. o_o
The pleasure was all ours! It was awesome!
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Morning furs! This evening we have a special guest and probably will be talking about podcast-ception. SpaceBear Sparx founder of Fur Media will (hopefully) be joining us this evening!

Also please remember to check out this past Sunday's Podcast! We had a double session with Green Reaper! Owner or Founder of Wikifur, Inkbunny and Flayrah! It can all be found here!:

http://mixlr.com/south-afrifur/showreel/

Be part of the ZAfur experience! If you have any furs who you would love to hear about or a topic you'd like to hear us discuss say it here! Otherwise come visit us for the evening at 8pm CAT on Wednesdays and Sundays and have a say in our live cast!

So Yah!
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

i wanna learn more about how active and involved the community is overseas. particularly England.

I have a reason for it...
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Ravensong wrote:i wanna learn more about how active and involved the community is overseas. particularly England.

I have a reason for it...
Cool, we've got Fur Media on tonight, we'll see whether we can slot that into our list of questions. Also, there was a miscommunication yesterday with Furmedia but instead we got Sparks the Husky, was a fun podcast!
GreenReaper
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: Kai Norn (Creatures)

Post by GreenReaper »

Ravensong wrote:i wanna learn more about how active and involved the community is overseas. particularly England.
I'd say reasonably active. There was a big party with hundreds of people in London in December, and of course there is ConFuzzled with over a thousand attendees (many come from overseas). The regular London furmeets also have over a hundred attendees every three weeks. In other places they are likely to be smaller. It is fairly easy to fly to other countries in Europe from the UK, too. See the UKFur forum.
Laurence "GreenReaper" Parry
GreenReaper Studios - WikiFur - Flayrah - Inkbunny
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

GreenReaper wrote:
I'd say reasonably active. There was a big party with hundreds of people in London in December, and of course there is ConFuzzled with over a thousand attendees (many come from overseas). The regular London furmeets also have over a hundred attendees every three weeks. In other places they are likely to be smaller. It is fairly easy to fly to other countries in Europe from the UK, too. See the UKFur forum.
Tadaaaa!
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

yay :D

cuz you know, when i go there i need furry friends...

I wanna sign up!
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

So! We managed to get Fur Media on Thursday! For those of you that missed out have listen to them on the mixlr website! Fur Media gave us some good tips on how to improve our show a bit and have given us a good idea in respect to actually making it more interactive and more awesome so keep your eyes peeled for something new within the coming few weeks.

There were some really deep conversations that happened there as well!

Wednesday we had Sparks the Husky! Also some very interesting topics about how the fandom can create some difficult situations and also how it can bring us back 'into the fold'

http://www.mixlr.com/south-afrifur/showreel

have a listen if you haven't already!
Franky
The Bad Guy
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox

Post by Franky »