Leeworks Gear

Advertise and buy/sell your services here.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Re: Leeworks Gear

Post by Leeward »

Either way that's perfect! ^^ I have to admit I am glad it's not for a horse... I'd rather leave that to the (insured) professionals, I've seen enough horse-related disasters happen already, and I'm not exactly willing to risk getting sued. Custom browbands and such however I'd be quite happy to oblige.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Furry apparel: collars, harnesses, and more!

Post by Leeward »

Just in case anyone missed the other thread because they weren't looking to buy stuff, I thought it would make sense posting here as well.

Have you ever been to a pet store to buy yourself a collar or harness only to have an employee stare in confusion as you try it on? Are you frustrated with large breed harnesses being too big on the waist but too tight on the shoulders? Have you searched and searched for that perfect kitty toy to match your tiger suit with no luck?

Well, fear no more, Leeworks Gear can make your wishes come true!

I design and manufacture all sorts of furry attire made specifically for you! That's right, tailored to your exact size, requirements, and design specifications! Whether for your human self, your fursuit, or even your pets, I can make that exact accessory your fursona wears, within the limits of reality and physics.

Check out the site for more info, and please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox
Region: Gauteng

Re: Furry apparel: collars, harnesses, and more!

Post by jacojerb »

Leeward wrote:Have you ever been to a pet store to buy yourself a collar or harness only to have an employee stare in confusion as you try it on?
Yes, actually xD

Fun times were had

Seriously though, if I had money, I'd be ordering from you right now... If you're still in business in a few years... Yeah. Sorry!
Mew?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Merging as there don't need to be two threads for the same topic. It should be placed in the most appropriate place.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

They're equally relevant, and getting an extra response from posting in the other just shows that I was right in the first line. It's also been done before with no objection from you.
jacojerb wrote:Seriously though, if I had money, I'd be ordering from you right now... If you're still in business in a few years... Yeah. Sorry!
With a bit of luck I will be, since this isn't my day job. :lol:

@Rakuen: here, have something to merge, since you love doing that so much.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Leeward wrote:They're equally relevant
Leeward wrote:because they weren't looking to buy stuff
General Marketplace wrote:buy/sell your services here.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Yeah, and what is it I'm selling, smarty pants?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

All sorts of stuff. Which is why it doesn't make sense to put a thread in the fursuit section for people who didn't see your thread in the marketplace because, by your own admission, they aren't interested in buying something.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

It's called "Fursuits, ACCESSORIES and CLOTHING", the latter two being very much applicable.

And that's not what I meant, people don't go into the marketplace section because people sell all sorts of other stuff as well there, which is why they might miss furry merch if they look for it in the furry stuff section instead.

Here's another example of this you didn't even blink at: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=4622 and viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4639
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Well her thread in the marketplace is advertising her business, saying what she is making and how to contact her. Her thread in the fursuit section is marketing research, she asks what people would like her to sell and how much they would be willing to pay. They are certainly related but they are serving two separate purposes, hence being in two separate places. One of your threads was advertising your website and the other was advertising your website. They served exactly the same purpose. If you really think you were treated unfairly then you can contact Valerion and make your case to him, I have already given you my standing on the issue.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Okay then.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

There, now there's a thread showing off my craftsmanship. Totally not advertisement. Happy now?
Vulpest
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Umbreon
Region: Western Cape

Post by Vulpest »

Would you be able to make a custom backpack for a dog? If so, would you need me to send you blueprints/patterns or just the conceptual design?
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Of course! All I really need is the measurements, but if you have a design or pattern in mind you're very welcome to send it through and I'll do my best to follow it.
Vulpest

Post by Vulpest »

Great stuff, it's mainly just so he can carry his own water and supplies when we go hiking and climbing. If you already have a design, that's awesome since its going to be some time before I can come up with something myself and obviously I can only do this next month :p unless you'll accept a number plate as a valid address?
Is there a "checkout" procedure on your website that needs following or can we hash out the details via email or pm?
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

You don't need an address, only the name of the PostNet office it's most convenient for you to pick up from. Check out the site FAQ and contact form, they have all the info you want.
Vulpest

Post by Vulpest »

Awesome, honestly I've forgotten about post net :lol: it still feels like I'm in a different country. :oops: I probably should have checked on the website in the first place, sorry. I'm not really as net capable on my phone.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

No worries, I hate using my phone to browse too.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Hi all,

Please forgive my absence from this particular domain, as some of you may know I've had a rather miserable past year and much to my chagrin was unable to continue this venture.

Over the past couple months I've been steadily setting up my new workshop and working on small things to get back in practice and expand my skill set, and I've also revamped the Leeworks Gear website (link in my sig). As the home page will inform you, it's not officially open yet. The reason for that is that there are a handful of things I said I'd make that I got interrupted with, which I want to get out of the way before taking any new orders.

One in particular I'd like to address here. Trace, I'm sorry I didn't say this sooner but if you haven't already, I honestly think it would be best if you rather sourced your collar more locally. Posting internationally to/from SA is an expensive schlep at best and a total waste at worst. It's just not worth it for either of us.

To anyone else who posted on this thread who may have been interested in ordering, I would ask of you please to use the contact form on the site. This helps me keep track of things in a centralised manner.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.
ArtyLoop

Post by ArtyLoop »

Morning Lee
As you know I am kickstarting the newsletter and another project early next year. Your business does cater very well to the fandom as a whole.
I'd be happy to signal boost for you in the newsletter if you like, and possibly in the other project. As your site is not officially open we can do something along the lines of "launching soon"

I am really sorry to hear you had a torrid year. If there's anything we can do please shout for help. Even if its just to chat about anything or vent.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Thank you ArtyLoop. I'm sure the shop will be open again by the time you publish though, so I'll start working on an advertisement. I'll communicate with you about it further in private.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Only one last thing left to do now. I've changed the branding slightly and I'm happy with the new title banner:

banner.png

However, I'm not too sure about the logo so I've made three different versions. Which do you prefer?

Left-to-right:

logo1.png

Diagonal:

logo2.png

Vertical:

logo3.png
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Species: Vulpes chama

Post by Cape_F0X »

I vote diagonal.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Vertical.
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Kievvu
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Canis Lupus
Region: Northwest and North Cape

Post by Kievvu »

I vote vertical
Steam: Kievvu
Telegram: @Kievvu
Furry Amino: Kievvu
Discord: Kievvu#1856
Blizzard: Kievvu#2944
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

I'm going with vertical
Galahad
Region: Gauteng

Post by Galahad »

If the horizontal were more symmetrical (along the vertical axis) and better-centered, I would vote for it.
But out of the three options presented here, vertical gets my vote.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Galahad wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:48 pm If the horizontal were more symmetrical (along the vertical axis) and better-centered, I would vote for it.
I tried that. The problem is that the W itself is not symmetrical, so the negative spaces on either side of it are uneven, and distributing the L and G evenly makes the whole thing look lopsided. So I went with even spacing rather than symmetry.

See for yourself:

lopsided.png
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

What about something like this?
lopsided.png
It'll probably look better with a bigger "W", though (so the bottom is in line with the other letters, but the horns are still tall enough to pass over).
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

I did some more tweaking. The horns stick out a little now, so it's no longer a perfect circle. Not sure if that's good or bad.
These are just rough ideas.
Attachments
lopsided.png