Kirtaro Photography

For all types of visual art. Digital, traditional or photography. We want to see it.
Kirtaro
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Lion x Sabretooth hybrid
Region: Gauteng

Kirtaro Photography

Post by Kirtaro »

This post is just for me to share some of the wonder photos that i have taken or received. when posting a photo i will list the following information if available: photographer, subject of photo, equipment used.

i figured that have have thousands of absolutely beautiful photos, and it would be a shame not to share them. all images have been resized to a very small 1MB. originals range from 20-50MB. if you would like to browse the originals or download them here is my DeviantArt profile:

http://leo-khajiit.deviantart.com/

lets start off strong with one of my favorites.
Name: The restful king.
Photographer: Me
Equipment: Nikon (too lazy to go check the model)
Subject: a large male lion called Mufasa
Attachments
IMG_5266.jpg
They will fear the wild
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard

Re: Kirtaro Photography

Post by Adagio »

Nice! This is Wallpaper Material!!
Kirtaro

Post by Kirtaro »

well i dont think you want to make that one your wallpaper. since i don't know what the resize did to the resolution. you can get the original from my DA page.

Here's another.
Name: Close up
Equipment: Nikon (again too lazy to go check the model)
Subject: a close up of Kyron
Attachments
IMG_2898.jpg
They will fear the wild
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

One on the forums is actually at a higher resolution... Don't know about the compression thow...
Kirtaro

Post by Kirtaro »

Adagio wrote:One on the forums is actually at a higher resolution... Don't know about the compression thow...
oh thats just a display image dont save that one. on the right side of the screen is a tab with "more from this person" and "more like this". above those two options should be a download button. click that button to download the original full resolution.

EDIT: oh my bad i see i turned of the download option. i'll fix that.
EDIT: should be fixed now.
Attachments
this is where to find the download button
this is where to find the download button
They will fear the wild
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Kirtaro wrote:well i dont think you want to make that one your wallpaper. since i don't know what the resize did to the resolution. you can get the original from my DA page.
o.0 Pic is 5184 x 3456. Probably not too many people that have a resolution bigger than that.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Kirtaro

Post by Kirtaro »

Here's one more.

Name: Stalking
Equipment: Nikon D3300
Subject: a Lioness named Isis (not named after the terrorist organisation. she's named after an Egyptian goddess)
IMG_2904.jpg
Rakuen Growlithe wrote:
Kirtaro wrote:well i dont think you want to make that one your wallpaper. since i don't know what the resize did to the resolution. you can get the original from my DA page.
o.0 Pic is 5184 x 3456. Probably not too many people that have a resolution bigger than that.
haha i know. i just want them to get the highest quality :D
Last edited by Rakuen Growlithe on Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged multiple posts
They will fear the wild
Kirtaro

Post by Kirtaro »

Here's another.

Name: Rah
Subject: This is Rah the leopard

(Sorry Rakuen Growlithe. i can't wait for other people to post. and i can't edit my previous post to add the new photo)
Attachments
IMG_5335.jpg
They will fear the wild
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Multiple posting is only a problem when they are right after each other, especially when the edit function is available. After a few days it's not a problem at all, especially for a thread like this.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

As soon as you can no longer edit your previous post, feel free to add another one.

Also, those are some awesome pictures.
Kirtaro

Post by Kirtaro »

Name: Tango Making The Face
Subject: Male white lion named Tango
Attachments
IMG_5056.jpg
They will fear the wild
SirenLeo
Species: Snox (Snow leopard/ Fox)

Post by SirenLeo »

They look so terrifying yet cuddly at the same time.
KinkInZA
Species: Liger

Post by KinkInZA »

wow you have some beautiful BIG CAT photos love them
“All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake up in the day to find it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
T.E. Lawrence
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

I never realised how small Lion eyes are in relation to the size of their head...
Also maybe it's just the angle but is Tango's snout long for a lion?
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
DanLeo427
Species: Shiba inu/ Fox hybrid. Foge
Region: Limpopo and Mpumalanga

Post by DanLeo427 »

Neah, that's a normal and good proportion. Really Like your photos btw!
The world is slowly conforming to a new power and mode of communication. Memes. And Doge is king.
Kirtaro

Post by Kirtaro »

@all thank you
also reffering to tango's picture. i think the angle might play tricks on the eyes of some but thats a normal length for a lion muzzle.

Ok so here's a double feature. Same lion, 2 different poses. one a majestic side view, the other a graceful stride.

Name: Kyron's Graceful walk
Equipment: Can't remember, (used my mothers camera, think a Canon?)
Subject: Captured while Kyron was approaching

Name: Kyron Side Profile
Equipment: Can't remember, (used my mothers camera, think a Canon?)
Subject: A majestic side view of Kyron
Attachments
Kyron's graceful walk
Kyron's graceful walk
Kyron side profile
Kyron side profile
They will fear the wild
Kirtaro

Post by Kirtaro »

@KinkInZa I have photos of many different animals (not all are good photos). if you'd like to see something other than BIG CATS. just ask and i'll see if i have any good ones.

Name: Nala strikes a pose
Subject: Surely a rare pose for a lioness.
Attachments
IMG_5238.jpg
They will fear the wild
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Oh my, it's like she's going "Hey handsome, feel like 'lion' beside me?" :lol:
Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Species: Husky

Post by Tocs »

Heh oh leeward haha. Still your photography is amazing
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
Kirtaro

Post by Kirtaro »

Name: Hans the Cheetah
Subject: Hans was given his name by a Norwegian friend. as you can see he's not the friendliest of felines.
Attachments
IMG_5299.jpg
They will fear the wild
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Post by Faanvolla »

Some amazing pics here
I especially like the cheetah
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Kirtaro

Post by Kirtaro »

Hello again. Not one of my best photos but strangely enough, despite how affectionate felines are, i had a hard time finding a valentine themed photo. I Remember having many, must have either lost half my gallery or hopefully they might still be on one of my external HDDs. So i'll compensate with a lovely story regarding the couple in the photo.

Name: Kadue and Kyron
Subject: a Lion couple.

Story: first off let me assure you that this story is 100% true. You can visit the lodge and ask any of the staff to tell you this story. also i'm gonna type this fast cause i have something i'm working on. so excuse the rushed story telling and any grammar and spelling mistakes I've made.

Ok so these two lions have been a couple since childhood.

Kyron was born and raised at the lodge. He was always a little different, to this day i have never met a more calm or friendly animal or even human for that matter, he always behaved and he was actually so peaceful that he would eat meat that you held in your hand (and he still does to this very day)

Kadue was a wild lioness captured by poachers who tried to export her. they were caught at the airport by nature conservation and she was sent to an animal rehab center. Needless to say the poachers did not treat her with any modicum of respect of dignity and the facility struggled with her behavior. One of our staff members is close friends with the owner of the rehab told her friend about the work we did with predators and within the week she was transported to us.

When she arrived we could clearly see how "stressed" she was. she run face first into walls and fencing, consistently trip over her own feet in her haste to get away and she would never be still, a constant flurry of activity. She was too young to be placed with some of the older wild lions, and also to damaged to be left alone or set loose into one of the larger enclosures. we only had one lion in her age range but she was one month older than he was, she was wild and he was tame, she was aggressive and he was loving. That lion was the beacon of peace named Kyron.

after releasing her into the enclosure we spent about two hoers or so trying to get her to calm down with no luck whatsoever. Kyron had stood next to us just watching us work, or fail more like it. Nearing the end we decided to leave. our presence was only causing more stress and we knew she'd eventually get hurt if she continued to crash into the fencing.

Upon our departure we saw the most understanding gesture I've ever seen amongst animals. Kadue had taken a breather to watch us leave and in doing so Kyron saw an opportunity.

We give all our cubs toys to play with to help them develop. Toys include tires, conveyor belts, stuffed animals depending on their age. its something for them to bite and chew on and drag their claws through. what we humans see as cubs playing are actually how they train and learn. the more active the cubs are the more their bodies and minds develop. If you watched or played with a cub, you'll notice the same tactics that they perfected on you being used in their fights, playfulness and hunts.

Ok now the most important toy is the stuffed animal, especially if its a single lone cub, groups don't get stuffed animals as they have each other to cuddle and play with and they ribb apart the toy trying to fight over who gets to play with it but they do still get the other toys like the little tire to biter and chase. its given to them on the day they are born. They sleep on it, play with it, chew it when their teeth start coming in. some of them get really attached to the toy, never leaving without it, taking it with them wherever they go and even leaving food if you try to take away the toy whilst they were eating. but in the end they grow up and rip apart the stuffed animal till its nothing but pieces of cloth. but like i said Kyron was different. Kyron kept his stuffed bear of the record amount of time (6 months) without so much as scratching it.

So that day he walked into the overnight-quarter and fetched the stuffed bear, carrying it in his mouth and walking towards the stressed wild lioness. she watched him with attentive eyes, carefully looking for any reason she needed to either run or attack. Kyron stopped right in front of her. lowered his head and placed the teddy at Kadue's feet, took a few steps back, sat down and watched her. Patiently waiting for her reaction.

The next day going in. Kadue actually came to us. still a little careful but she walked up to us, Kyron following close behind, and inspected us. From that point on we could work with her and she actually became a tame lioness, albeit a little rough. we raised her alongside Kyron and treated her no different than the rest. But wherever Kyron went Kadue followed and vice versa. They were and still are inseparable.

They have been together for 4 years now and have brought 2 cubs into the world. Showing that no matter how different you are, how you were raised, who is the older one or even what you say does not matter. There is someone for everyone out there and someday you will find them. (Also animals have more personality than most people realize)

So on this day that all us single people secretly dread, stay strong and just know that you are not alone.

For all those that have a special someone in their lives. Don't take each other for granted cause you have no idea how lucky you are.

Happy Valentines day Furries
Attachments
IMG_5186.jpg
They will fear the wild
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

That is such a sweet story, thank you so much for sharing. :)
Kirtaro

Post by Kirtaro »

Meet Thor

Name: Thor
Subject: a young male lion (little less than 2 years old) and what he looks like after playing in the rain.
Attachments
DSC_0393.jpg
They will fear the wild
Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Species: Husky

Post by Tocs »

Nawww that's an awesome shot
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
KinkInZA
Species: Liger

Post by KinkInZA »

Wow Thors picture is Great think of saving it and making it my new desktop pic
“All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake up in the day to find it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
T.E. Lawrence
Kirtaro

Post by Kirtaro »

@Leeward thank you. I don't think i did the story justice base on how much i rushed it but i'm glad to hear its still sweet :)

@Tocs thank you, it took some patient waiting, and several blurred failed shots, to get that shot just right :)

@KinkInZA thanks feel free to do so. if you have resolution problems like distortion, pixelation or blurryness, you can get the original on DA, if its not there let me know and i'll add it. i'm a bit behind on getting my DeviantArt photo Gallery up to date. haven't been giving it much attention as of late.

Back to the post. I feel like I've only been giving attention to the felines here. So I'm gonna try and add a little more variety to this post :) and lets start it off strong with an endangered and protected animal, namely the painted dog (the English name is so weird, Wildehond in Afrikaans)

Also does anyone have any tips on removing white glare from a photo in an editor? I have a few amazing wolf photos but some of them have white glare to them which i find annoying. thanks :)

Name: Squeaker (please don't judge the name to harshly. My little sister gave her that name due to the sound the animal makes. while on the subject did you know painted dogs squeak? i didn't believe it until i heard it with my own ears)

Subject: a female painted dog
Attachments
IMG_5389.jpg
They will fear the wild
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Kirtaro wrote:Also does anyone have any tips on removing white glare from a photo in an editor? I have a few amazing wolf photos but some of them have white glare to them which i find annoying. thanks :)
If it's an artefact you can try shifting the gamma up a bit, but if it's overexposed there's nothing you can do but make your aperture smaller and try the shot again, because even the best editor can't do anything with white pixels. Maybe post one such photo so I can have a try?
Kirtaro

Post by Kirtaro »

Leeward wrote:
Kirtaro wrote:Also does anyone have any tips on removing white glare from a photo in an editor? I have a few amazing wolf photos but some of them have white glare to them which i find annoying. thanks :)
If it's an artefact you can try shifting the gamma up a bit, but if it's overexposed there's nothing you can do but make your aperture smaller and try the shot again, because even the best editor can't do anything with white pixels. Maybe post one such photo so I can have a try?
Here's one you can experiment with. see the white light streaks across the image?

Name: Clyde
Subject: This is Clyde a 10 (maybe 11) year old wolf
Attachments
IMG_5423.jpg
They will fear the wild
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Oh yes, I see. That's caused by the fence which is out of focus, I presume? Will tinker with it. That is one gorgeous wolf.