Weird furry-like photos

For all types of visual art. Digital, traditional or photography. We want to see it.
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf
Region: Gauteng

Weird furry-like photos

Post by Valerion »

Post weird photos here. Remember to keep it PG-13 :)
2z89bsz.jpg
Splicer-Fox
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing

Re: Weird furry-like photos

Post by Splicer-Fox »

Damn! That is ugly. :shock:

You see part of the problem of becoming a real furry is the scull reconstruction. But in order not to reshape or damage the brain the body itself will have to increase in size to composite for a larger head. The problem after that is the eye size.

OK so I am getting real technical with the medical science. :geek:

But yeah that is not what I had in mind at all. Icky, :?

I should write down my THEORY on how furies will be created.
It is a whole lot of technical stuff though but I am sure that in the future there will be better surgical techniques. This will all require better Biotechnology though.

I'm sorry but that is just creepy. :(
anoyomouse
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Brown House mouse

Post by anoyomouse »

This is what happens when you're sick of waiting for modern genetics to catch up

if you yearn to be your fursona sooo much, then go for it, and well, enjoy what comments people are going to make

i bet she's loving the experiance tho :P
~~~(___^> *squeak*
Wolfskunk
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Wolf/Skunk Hybrid
Region: Western Cape

Post by Wolfskunk »

anoyomouse wrote:This is what happens when you're sick of waiting for modern genetics to catch up

if you yearn to be your fursona sooo much, then go for it, and well, enjoy what comments people are going to make

i bet she's loving the experiance tho :P
I don't see genetics getting to that point at all, to rewrite your entire genetic code without harming the person under going the treatment? I don't see it. Sure we do it on smaller scales with retroviruses inserting small segments of code into bacteria, but even then bacteria have simple ring strands and it's not like we're rewriting it, we're just causing it to express that new material.

Cosmetic changes don't cut it for me, yeah sure she looks a little like a cat, but she's still pretty young. She now has to live with that for the duration of her life. For me it's complete proper conversion or not at all. It's why I like fursuits, in particular full ones, because for a period of time they make you feel like a fur.

The way I see it working would be to literally grow a blank "fursona" and through some means transfer your mind into the blank.
>>A furry not bothered by conflict or opposing views<<
anoyomouse
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Brown House mouse

Post by anoyomouse »

yeah, well, i'd see how it happens for me

i wish i could afford a fursuit so i could turn into my character, at least for as long as i'm wearing my suit .... maybe i should just save up and get a damn suit :P

i'm avyious of everyone with one x.x
~~~(___^> *squeak*
Splicer-Fox

Post by Splicer-Fox »

Wolfskunk wrote:I don't see genetics getting to that point at all, to rewrite your entire genetic code without harming the person under going the treatment? I don't see it. Sure we do it on smaller scales with retroviruses inserting small segments of code into bacteria
Wow wow. :o

We Have created cows that produce antibiotics.
Mammals that produce their own vitamin C.
Countless variations of lab animals.

I.T. technology was almost non existent 40 years ago.
Look at how much cellphone technology developed in 10 years.
The reason why I am drawing this comparison is because Biotechnology IS snowballing.
It is getting better: Faster and Faster.
Like I.T. technology is already.

Look! Please do not doubt science jet.
That thing in the picture is done by tattoo artists and cheap plastic surgeon.
YES our Biotechnology first must improve drastically in the field of gene therapy and stem technology.
Surgery will be a part of it but will not be a result like that up there.
RESEARCH will be put into it.
What happened up there is a person who went around asking people to mutilate his face.
With conventional tattooing and a cleft palate.
PLEASE do not confuse that for what you or other furrys are looking for.
Real furrys will not be look like mutilated freaks.
Wolfskunk wrote:The way I see it working would be to literally grow a blank "fursona" and through some means transfer your mind into the blank.
I am sorry brain transplants are a bit SCI-FI at the moment and mind transferring is Fantasy. Sorry.

BUT

Head transplants could be done in the near future though.
I kid you not! I am serious: HEAD TRANSPLANT.
Here is a documentary clip from Nat Geo,
http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo ... xperiment/

The problem with that is the spinal cord. But science solves problem like that in time.
If you want to know more: Use google.
Wolfskunk
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Wolf/Skunk Hybrid
Region: Western Cape

Post by Wolfskunk »

I don't doubt our biotech, as a matter of fact I have a degree in Biodiversity and Ecology from Stellenbosch along with my international IT deiploma. I certainly don't doubt science or humanity for that matter.

At the moment and in the near future I don't see that happening, I'll back down a little and say in the very distant future maybe. Still wouldn't hold my breath on it though. It's one thing to manipulate DNA so that a cow creates fortified milk, but a full body conversion? No not close and I don't see how the person would stay alive during the process. You don't change the entire cows DNA structure so that it can produce better milk and when you do change it you do so at an embyonic level not to a fully functional adult cow. It's possible to target cells, but they'd need to divide and replace the currently existing ones for the adaptation to take hold. The point I'm trying to make is that even if it was possible the "transformation" would most likely be fatal anyway.

To become a fur we'd have to hybridize the entire genome, replace or inactivate select genes that code for our phenotype and body chemistry. Chopping and changing everything. Which is why I say it's far more likely to create an empty fursona and I know transplanting a consiousness is ages away(if at all possible), but it's a better bet.

Our resident Growlithe knows more I'm sure, he has a degree in genetics I only had to do first and 2nd year courses.

Edit: Damn Val we derailed your thread(mainly me I do that somethimes :p )
>>A furry not bothered by conflict or opposing views<<
Splicer-Fox

Post by Splicer-Fox »

Well of-course if you try to change the organs or body chemistry you are being dangerous.
But that does not mean you have to go though gene therapy. most of what i think should happen is surgery. Infarct only the skin grafting or (fur grafting in this case) will be the only bio engineer part. The transformation will mostly be bone reconstruction and skin grafting the head and face is the tricky part. (especially around the mouth and ears).
The tail is an entire medical documentation on its own that will require stem cell research.

I think the idea that everyone has is. You need 100% genetic engineering done to become a furry.
I don't beliefs this is true. It is preposterous to believe that gene therapy will grow you into a furry. (too much Bio Shock ;) ).

I should really write down my Ideas.
Like I told Mouse the other day I can explain it better when I speak but not when I write.
I can explain all my ideas and strategys to do this but that is a lot of writing.
All of which is based on current medical since fact.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Wolfskunk wrote: Cosmetic changes don't cut it for me, yeah sure she looks a little like a cat, but she's still pretty young.
Young she? That looks like an old man to me, at least in 30's or 40's.

And I agree with Wolfskunk here. I don't think you should look to genetics for this at all. Sure we can manipulate genes but on developing bodies. To do anything like a transformation you need to change all the cells, something we don't have any possible way of doing. If you want to look like a fur you use plastic surgery. There's no biotechnology that can help and there won't be in the foreseeable future.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Splicer-Fox

Post by Splicer-Fox »

here is one.

he looks better than the tiger monster.
but still :shock:
Attachments
The Lizard Man
The Lizard Man
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

LoL! Damn you Rauken, I was thinking the entire time while reading through the posts: that's a man surely? Then you said it.
I must agree with Splicer on this topic: That shit belongs in a circus; not in the furry fandom. Who am I to judge? Well, I am not so rationally, socially bankrupt that I could ever condone that as being acceptable. It's pretty hilarious to look at, but pretty sad to think about (talk about poor decision making and lack of foresight). My liberalism does not extend to retard.

:lol: Excuse that rant.

The problem is that even if we could be 'furs' in our lifetime, I don't want to "start life [as a fur]" as a 60 year old Hyena: isn't that the harsh reality of it all :( ? My window of opportunity for being a real fur is ever so slowly vanishing with my youth - I would have to somehow have my life (or youth) extended. I would still like to see furs, and given the chance I would adopt furry children and raise them alongside my own as my own. We just have to accept that being a fur will never be a reality. :cry: What a cruel desire to have? It would be better if instead, I dreamed of becoming a fireman or something simple.

Oh well! :D Nothing stopping us from fantasizing, and there is far more to life (and indeed my dreams list) than just furs! :) Let us not forget that at the end of the day, it's all fun. Ugh, this sensibility and compromises thing is so out of character for me :?
Hahaha! :lol: