Wolf's Rain

Discuss movies and TV stuff in here.
szczurex
Lord of the keyboard
Species: Gray Wolf
Region: Other

Wolf's Rain

Post by szczurex »

Humm... I know some consider anime crap.

But did anyone here watched Wolf's Rain?
If not i suggest to do.

Wikipedia link (watch out for spoilers...): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf%27s_Rain

And if you did, post your opinion of it! ^_^
I'm a .
I DO bite. :3
anoyomouse
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Brown House mouse
Region: Gauteng

Re: Wolf's Rain

Post by anoyomouse »

Yay, that's a fun movie, i quite enjoyed it

and then Tael got the OGM Rips of it too, so yeah, subtitles, english and japanese soundtracks ... lots of niceness ^.^

we should do an anime evening, or movie evening ....
i has a 26" lcd and an XBox 360 plugged into it!
~~~(___^> *squeak*
szczurex
Lord of the keyboard

Post by szczurex »

I had japanese audio and english subtitles. :3
And watched it on a 15" LCD, but i don't feel a need for something bigger, hehe.

Though, the ending was a bit weird... and a bit unexplained. ;3
But i'm not telling spoilers :D
I'm a .
Keita Haruka
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Black wolf

Post by Keita Haruka »

I know of it, but never saw it. My mate loves it though, and gave me one of the songs off the soundtrack. "Run, wolf warrior, run". Such a powerful song that reminds me SO MUCH of my lover.

Mousey, that sounds like a great idea!
szczurex
Lord of the keyboard

Post by szczurex »

Keita Haruka wrote:I know of it, but never saw it. My mate loves it though, and gave me one of the songs off the soundtrack. "Run, wolf warrior, run". Such a powerful song that reminds me SO MUCH of my lover.

Mousey, that sounds like a great idea!

Yip. I've got both CD's...

Stray, Could you bite the hand, Run wolf warrior, Gravity, Heaven's not enough...
Just some of the great songs... But i liked the idea of english lyrics in those songs :3
I'm a .
Red
Down Under Fozzy
Species: Fox
Region: Freestate

Post by Red »

Never have seen that movie and not planning to anyway, anime is not really my thing.
This signature is blank.
szczurex
Lord of the keyboard

Post by szczurex »

Red wrote:Never have seen that movie and not planning to anyway, anime is not really my thing.
You should watch it. At least this one.
I'm a .
Red
Down Under Fozzy

Post by Red »

I am too busy watching other classic movies (and copying the rental DVDs onto the hard drive...) so no time for this film! D:
This signature is blank.
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Species: Werewolf

Post by Valerion »

This wolfie likes his anime too :) Anime evening would rock.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I've seen most of Wolf's Rain. It's a bit slow but I've got two really good AMV's for it. I also wish they sent more time in wolf form.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Gothic Collie
Species: Collie or African Wild Dog...

Post by Gothic Collie »

<- Anime fan aswell

I loved Wolfs rain a good anime series to watch out for at the moment is "Spice and Wolf" ,main character is a wolf goddess ,her wolf form is truelly amazing ,there's also a few other furry like anime out there just cant think of any at the moment though :)
Yukon
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Husky/wolf

Post by Yukon »

Good, enjoyable series, watched the first 24 or so episodes with subtitles while they were still freely available online. To be honest though, it started getting depressing overall coz all the characters seemed to hate each other and were constantly going at each other, which made for a very miserable mood portrayed most of the time. Apart from that though, still quite good. one day i'll finish watching it.

it's showing on animax on dstv in english currently.
There are 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I won't watch animax for two reasons. Firstly the tv in my room doesn't get dstv and secondly when anime gets translated it usually gets censored. Also since voice acting isn't that big in the west the voice acting is incredibly bad.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
szczurex
Lord of the keyboard

Post by szczurex »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:I won't watch animax for two reasons. Firstly the tv in my room doesn't get dstv and secondly when anime gets translated it usually gets censored. Also since voice acting isn't that big in the west the voice acting is incredibly bad.

Fully agree... They butcher up the anime usually... Seriously, two examples - Naruto and Sonic X... (OK Naruto wasn't cut off that much...)

The only decent one i've seen is Fullmetal Alchemist - better English voices IMO.
I'm a .
Red
Down Under Fozzy

Post by Red »

Ugh, I don't get it really, why must we dub every movies that comes our way for public TV or silver screen??

I have seen movies that are as it is from the country that it is made with the inclusion of the English Caption to go with it so that you are able to follow the story line without any issues. You don't need to hear it in English (well, not all the time), I have even heard of cases where people get the dubbed films on DVD and revert the Audio back to the original language in the menu and put the English caption on since the dubbed one sounds horrible and out of place!

Red.
This signature is blank.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I agree. If you want to watch a foreign movie why not watch it as it was as much as possible. The voices are a part of the movie and if you change that you'd need to change the actual lines spoken as different languages will take different amounts of time to say the same thing. Although it is kinda cool sometimes to watch asian martial arts movies where the words and lips don't match. hehe. But let's use subtitles, only reason people don't like them is they probably slow readers.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Valerion
Alpha Wolf

Post by Valerion »

Because people can't concentrate enough to do it, I guess. It is considered "inaccessible" and the studios' research likely support this. For me it's second nature now, I do it without thinking.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

They can't concentrate becuase they spend all their time watching tv and never read an actual bok. It'll be good for them to learn to watch tv and read at the same time. I've watched a fair bit of subtitled anime and it doesn't bother me to read the subtitles either. I never feel like I'm misssing out. I had two anime series with both eng and jap audio streams but I used the jap one with subtitles because the english voices sucked.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
MrGrim
Species: Puzzle Kitty

Post by MrGrim »

I love Wolf's Rain, its amazing, the art, the music, the story, everything.
Though I never get to see all of it, whenever I get close to the end of the series something happens that stops me watching for awhile and then I end up watching it from the beginning..... So far thats happened 3 times >.> and now that I have time to watch it..... my dvds have somehow found their way to Cape Town >.> <.<
We built this house with our hands, and our time, and our blood
You build this up in one day to fall downward and rust
You built this house with your hands, and your time, and your blood
We built this up in one day to fall downward and rust

"Virgin" by Manchester Orchestra
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

They have? I'll have to track them down for you... hehehe
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
TigerTael
Species: Panthera tigris tigris
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by TigerTael »

I watched Wolf's Rain back in 2003 and I have the complete series in perfect quality OGM rips. These are the best rips I've ever seen. (DVD rip's)

My wolf and I want to re-watch it from the beginning together when we have the time. A marathon watching experience! Who knows, maybe during these Christmas holidays.

I'm more than happy to share what I have, it's just the logistics of it that throws it off.

I highly recommend Wolf's Rain to anyone.

Oh, btw, I am an animé fan. Definitely. I have so many that I like and still need to get like, 'Giant Robo'! awsm

<3
Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.

Use no way as a way, having no limitation as a limitation.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I finished watching Wolf's Rain about a month ago (Hadn't seen the last 5 or 6). It seemed like it was competing for "most depressing anime series ever".
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Darkeraven
Species: Skunk

Post by Darkeraven »

I am not sure why, I am a huge Anime / manga fan, but I hated Wolf's Rain. I watched a few episodes and it just bored the heck out of me.

After I saw these posts I tried to watch it again. Still didn't like it.

Oh well
DesertYote
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Species: Coyote

Post by DesertYote »

Darkeraven wrote:I am not sure why, I am a huge Anime / manga fan, but I hated Wolf's Rain. I watched a few episodes and it just bored the heck out of me.

After I saw these posts I tried to watch it again. Still didn't like it.

Oh well
I agree with you here. HUGE anime/manga fan out here in the U.S. - go to the bigger cons almost every year. Still...not a fan of Wolf's Rain. Oh well, can't win 'em all, I suppose!

'Yote
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

The first episode is cool. The next fifteen or so are rather slow and boring but the ending episodes are awesome.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Cat147
Species: Cat

Post by Cat147 »

I loved Wolf's Rain and I love anime and manga...
I am wondering if the manga maybe continues with the story....
I did not like the ending so much because I wanted more from it (him to find her)
I think that they did the merging of wolf form to what humans see really nice and the style of drawing was very good.
xatso
Species: Dragon

Post by xatso »

Caught the first few episodes of Wolf's Rain in December on DSTV, seemed quite interesting, as I usually love anything anime, but I missed the rest due to some RL stuff. Hope they show it again sometime though.

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:I agree. If you want to watch a foreign movie why not watch it as it was as much as possible. The voices are a part of the movie and if you change that you'd need to change the actual lines spoken as different languages will take different amounts of time to say the same thing. Although it is kinda cool sometimes to watch asian martial arts movies where the words and lips don't match. hehe. But let's use subtitles, only reason people don't like them is they probably slow readers.
Fully agree with you. There is just something that takes away from the movie or anime series if you watch it with English voice translations.

My friend absolutely hate it when I switch to original soundtrack with English subtitles, but for me the English voice actors is totally inept when having to portray the emotions and even the underlying message of the story.

I am quite impressed with the quality of the Eastern movies and anime series as of late, so much so that I am considering to learn another language, just to appreciate everything that is on offer these days in their original format.
Cat147
Species: Cat

Post by Cat147 »

Lol i have taken things to a new level of watching.... movies, anime, series, ect... i like to watch them all with subtitles as i then know i do not miss anything... ;)
Valerion
Alpha Wolf

Post by Valerion »

Personally I prefer dual-audio, then I can choose the soundtrack :) But yes, quite often the translation of the English dubs suck, or the anime gets cut to ensure the little precious snowflakes in the US don't get exposed to anything disturbing. Which also amuses me, because they censor bad language or a possible semi-nude scene but leaves the mind-rape that is the storyline of something like Neon Genesis Evangelion intact.

I prefer mine uncut and unedited (mostly the original then), and agree that the English voice actors doesn't always convey the same emotions or impact.
Luke
Species: Carpathian Shepherd

Post by Luke »

WOLF'S RAIN IS BEYOND AWESOME.... IT'S GODLIKE (^_^) ""\|/""
SOMETIMES HUMAN, ALWAYS WOLF *\|/*