Making my own 3d film/series

Discuss movies and TV stuff in here.
rusted hydra
Cannibal
Sexual preference: Bi
Region: Gauteng

Making my own 3d film/series

Post by rusted hydra »

Probably a bad idea for me to already be announcing I am doing this...
Things a a little chaotic @.....@

But I want to say I am doing so. As a way to gather support and in some way tie myself down with 'people expect you to finish this'
Though...
I can write a little... and I have a story in mind I want to turn into a 3d show.
My main strength is in 3d stuff

So really the only thing I am lacking is voice talent @....@
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Re: Making my own 3d film/series

Post by Leeward »

I volunteer as tribute! I'll be a voice actor, if you'll have me.
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

Thank you ^.....^
I'll keep you in mind.

Though I so far have no way to determine what voice I will need for which character
northernicebear
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Journalist Shirokuma
Region: Other

Post by northernicebear »

I volunteer as script/screenwriter and voice actor, just make sure to credit me if you use it ^^,
"Sans café, sans vie" (Without coffee, without life) My Grandma Chloë
" am broken, battered, torn apart, yet I persist" - Occitanian Graffiti (translated) in Carcassone, France
Coming Soon to Cape Town ^^ (2017 Year~????)
Icon Credit: Raven Song :3
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

I'm up for anything if you need help!
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

Things are a lil... eh...
distorted...

But First I'd like to add: anyone that wants to contribute their voices should just know they might have to... do some slightly nsfw voice acting. No this doesn't mean there is going to be a sex scene(the original story was going to but I decided to cut it out). Just heads up you might need to say lines such as "Go fuck yourself" "Cunt" etc.

So I am running into trouble with the story
Mainly I am trying to turn a story where I can type certain emotions and expressions and the reader could imagine it.
Here now I need to find ways to express emotions on character who are... alien creatures...
Try think it. We furries apply so much human qualities to our anthropomorphic characters so easily on a whim we sometimes don't think about how these things would actually express this.
Biggest issue is one of my characters has no eyes. So much emotions that could have been displayed using eye and face expressions are just... gone...

I still want to do this. Just now things are going slow.
On top of that I need to re-write some things. The 3 pages I wrote of the story (before I decided to do it as a 3d animation) involved some writing describing aspects...
I don't feel like using a narrator too much...
Obsidian
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon

Post by Obsidian »

I am no animator or even an artist but perhaps you could try assigning completely unique expressions for each emotion. An overly simple example would be from the animated movie "Home" where the aliens changed colour to portray what emotion they were feeling. Of course to the viewer it was dead obvious what emotion they were feeling because they had similar facial features and voices but if say one of the aliens changed it's colour to red while changing nothing else in regards to it's appearance, expression or voice the audience would still know it was angry.

If you put the character in a position where you would expect anger you could assign the expression it shows in that scene and just keep it consistently for that emotion. You would still need the viewer to know what emotion it was expressing initially somehow but if you are using people as voice actors I presume you will use the same tones that we do to express feelings.

Humans are pretty good at seeing patterns so your audience should be able to pick up on it.
It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, especially if you live near him.

Always be yourself..... Unless you can be a Dragon, then always be a Dragon
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Also animal body language can be very useful here. Bared teeth, ear position, stance, head tilt, tail movement, etc...
northernicebear
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Journalist Shirokuma

Post by northernicebear »

verbal intonation and inflections are important, nonverbal stuff without verbal cues may be difficult for some to understand
"Sans café, sans vie" (Without coffee, without life) My Grandma Chloë
" am broken, battered, torn apart, yet I persist" - Occitanian Graffiti (translated) in Carcassone, France
Coming Soon to Cape Town ^^ (2017 Year~????)
Icon Credit: Raven Song :3
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

You're animating. Use movement, colour, sounds. These people have let lines and circles display emotion.

"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

Hi.
Back again.
The series is on hold untill I have full mastery of my tools.
For now I am making a small animation.

I need auditions for 2 voice actors. SO feel free to make recordings of the following lines and pm those to me. I will reveal the full script once I have chosen people

1)first line, noting special, “Fido Ebbon"
2)Say, as if you where being hypnotised, “My favorite drink is milk”
3)say "Take this... now try look threatening"
4)say “it’s still fucking broken…” very frustrated
5)Say, as if you're realllllly fucking happy, “Tangerine”
6)Get real angry and say “Burr untu kingdom…”
7)Also give a sample of a rawr but as if you have never made a rawr in your life.
8)... a sample of the kind of sigh you would give if something you made just broke for the 100th time

Now record all that and send it to me in a pm
A person recommended to me the use of vocaroo (http://vocaroo.com/) that you can just hit record there, then it gives you a link you can send to me. Though not sure for how long that link is valid for sooo... feel free to pm me and we can arrange to share the files over skype.

NOW! Just want to say this now: I ain't paying. Cause I am not getting any money out of this animation.

Feel free to post any questions.
Kievvu
Species: Canis Lupus
Region: Northwest and North Cape

Post by Kievvu »

This sounds very interesting. Im extremely tempted to give voice acting a shot here. Hmm maybe...
Question though. You need deep voice or higher pitch voice or "normal" voice? Young? Old? Somewhere in between?
(Dunno if any of this is said anywhere and I've missed it. If i have...sorry im kinda blind)
Steam: Kievvu
Telegram: @Kievvu
Furry Amino: Kievvu
Discord: Kievvu#1856
Blizzard: Kievvu#2944
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

Considering I want to be an actress, I'd happily do some voice acting for you :)
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I'll audition when I get home, if I did those lines at work in this deathly silent office my coworkers would think I'm crazier than I am.